• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jlowe23

Industry Partner
    Mar 16, 2014
    Cecil County
    There are some dealers that are selling the P365X Macro to Maryland residents. The P365X Macro is NOT on the MD handgun roster and will not be until the 23rd of October. MSP just sent out the below message:

"ATTENTION MARYLAND REGULATED FIREARMS DEALERS

The SIG SAUER P365X MACRO IS NOT on the Maryland approved HANDGUN ROSTER to date. It has been approved and will be on the HANDGUN ROSTER on OCTOBER 23, 2022.

Furthermore, PUBLIC SAFETY ARTICLE 5 SUBTITLE 4 governs the HANDGUN ROSTER BOARD. Any person may not sell or offer for sale in the state, a handgun manufactured after January 1, 1985, that, IS NOT included on the HANDGUN ROSTER.

Any person who sells or offers to sell a handgun in violation of PUBLIC SAFETY ARTICLE 5 SUBTITLE 4 is GUILTY of a misdemeanor and on conviction is subject to a fine not exceeding $2,500 for each violation.

Respectfully"

jrumann59

DILLIGAF
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 17, 2011
    that is so dumb, only difference is the grip module which is not the serialized part that is actually considered the "gun". JLowes no slam on you but just calling out the idiocy of the MD overlords.

fishgutzy

MDS Supporter
    Aug 25, 2022
    AA County
    The bribery list is just that. And it is unconstitutional. Manufacturers must pay bureaucrats in order to be allowed to sell legal products. If they don't pay, they don't get in the last.
    How much, in cash tips, is paid every year?
    (I bet Bruen shrink the cash income of many people in the state. Just wait until the expensive training mandates get tossed.)

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk

trickg

Guns 'n Drums
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 22, 2008
    Glen Burnie
    It's not hard to get caught by surprise by the Handgun roster. Before they did away with the model number requirement, I got snagged when I ordered a Dan Wesson Valor when it was re-released in 2020 with some slightly altered features. The base of the pistol is a 1911, so it never even occurred to me that it wouldn't be on the handgun roster.

At this point I don't know what the problem would be - anyone who ordered one could just have the FFL hold it until it's actually on the roster, and then start the process of doing the transfer.

erwos

The Hebrew Hammer
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 25, 2009
    Rockville, MD
    Part of the problem here is that the Macro only has "365X" written on it, and that is most certainly on the roster.

jrumann59

DILLIGAF
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 17, 2011
    Part of the problem here is that the Macro only has "365X" written on it, and that is most certainly on the roster.
    There is nothing functional different, the P320 is the same unless you get the M17/M18 variant and Sig puts the M17/M18 after the P320 on the slide. The only real difference the M17/M18 only come with a manual safety and a LCI beyond that it is a P320 through and through, P320 line is just like the P365 the FCU is the serialized part not the frame. But that is what happens when you have firearms "experts" and a "pay to play" state like MD.

jrumann59

DILLIGAF
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 17, 2011
    I'm just waiting for the grip modules to become available. F MD.
    If you get the weight kits with it have some electric tape or adhesive available the tungsten rods fit loosely in the channels at least on the P320 modules. A single wrap of electric tape provides just enough added thickness for them to stay put.

teqmod

redneck gun toting member
    Jan 14, 2013
    Downey Oshunn
    my understanding is the fire control group is what is serialized. Whats to stop someone from getting the lower assembly and dropping a standard 365 fire control group that is already attached to a compliant handgun in there? This roster is one of the dumbest things MD has come up with

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    If you get the weight kits with it have some electric tape or adhesive available the tungsten rods fit loosely in the channels at least on the P320 modules. A single wrap of electric tape provides just enough added thickness for them to stay put.
    I have the weigh kits in my XL grip module. I seated them in with a hot glue gun.

308Scout

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 27, 2020
    Washington County
    The bribery list is just that. And it is unconstitutional. Manufacturers must pay bureaucrats in order to be allowed to sell legal products. If they don't pay, they don't get in the last.
    How much, in cash tips, is paid every year?
    (I bet Bruen shrink the cash income of many people in the state. Just wait until the expensive training mandates get tossed.)

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk
    Anyone can petition for an unlisted handgun to be included on the roster. A number of forum members have done that. Not defending the concept of a roster in the least (they are nothing but an impediment to the 2A and need to be done away with), but MD's is not really "pay for play" like CA's handgun roster - i.e. manufacturers do not have to pay a fee for their models to get added in MD or to have them maintained on the roster year to year.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Scot2024

Latest threads

Top Bottom