• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rockfish

Feb 26, 2013
    I have paperwork in from earlier in march and I just realized I have a flag on my registration for a parking ticket I forgot to pay. I was recently told that MSP will deny you if you owe the state money for MVA related issues. I have also heard that they issue a HOLD instead of a disapproval. Can anyone verify any of this as fact or do I have nothing to worry about. I'm going to take care of this ticket and flag on Monday just in-case but I'm worried if they have started doing my paperwork I might get disapproved.

smores

Creepy-Ass Cracker
    Feb 27, 2007
    Falls Church
    This may be arbitrary.... I have had several regulated purchases "NOT DISAPPROVED" with money owed to the MVA, including unreasolved traffic citations and even an insurance compliance violation fine a few years ago...

Si vis pacem para bellum

follow me @DiscipleofJMB

steves1911

Ultimate Member
    Dec 2, 2011
    On a hill in Wv
    Last year I was put on hold for a parking ticket I didn't know I had. This was on a regulated firearm. Who knows the way this state operates it may depend on who is doing your paperwork and what kind of mood they are in that day.

smores

Creepy-Ass Cracker
    Feb 27, 2007
    Falls Church
    Last year I was put on hold for a parking ticket I didn't know I had. This was on a regulated firearm. Who knows the way this state operates it may depend on who is doing your paperwork and what kind of mood they are in that day.

Yeah. I have heard of people being held up for parking tickets, but not moving violations or MVA fees. :shrug:

But these are the same people who run the most ridiculous and arbitrary permit issuing system in existence so I guess anything can ding you.

I can see this some day: "Oh you owe the county a $50 fee because you planted the wrong tree in your yard.... DELAYED!!!"

Si vis pacem para bellum

follow me @DiscipleofJMB

Rockfish

Feb 26, 2013
    Yeah it should be made more clear. I don't see how a disqualification could be dealt for a parking ticket but I guess I'll see what happens it would suck if I had to refile my paperwork and get back in line...

truknbear

Right to arm Bears
    Feb 21, 2013
    HarCo
    Yeah it should be made more clear. I don't see how a disqualification could be dealt for a parking ticket but I guess I'll see what happens it would suck if I had to refile my paperwork and get back in line...

There was some regulation that went into effect several years ago that if you owed the PR of MD any money that they could hold up licenses (professional, MVA, etc). What is troubling with this issue is that it implies that the whole not disapproved horse manure is being equated with a type of license.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    KD96

Latest threads

Top Bottom