• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • GunJunkie91

Aug 13, 2023
    Maryland
    So, I am plaining to build an AR-15 custom. Sort of like a custom PC. Only difference is I am going with a complete upper and lower for the first build. I was able to find some good uppers and lowers. And yes, it could be cheap and possibly not reliable but I am attempting to keep the price under $500 if not $400. Let's began.

AR 15 Building

Lower Receiver Complete = $224.99
    Upper Receiver Complete = $189.99

Total =$414.98

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air

SkiPatrolDude

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 24, 2017
    Timonium-Lutherville
    BCA is not a good brand. Have you looked at Delton? They make an HBAR upper and are better. Opt for their chrome lined barrels (only a small up charge).

Also before anyone says it, stay the hell away from Radical too.

But since your goal is to stay at $400 complete, no one here can really offer you much good advice. You can get close to that and do a lot better than BCA by assembling it all yourself but I would not recommend that in your case.

Good luck.

Growler215

Ultimate Member
    Dec 30, 2020
    SOMD
    I'm not sure pulling out 2 takedown pins, slapping on an upper, and pushing the pins back in counts as a "build."
    Just saying. . .

GunJunkie91

Aug 13, 2023
    Maryland
    BCA is not a good brand. Have you looked at Delton? They make an HBAR upper and are better. Opt for their chrome lined barrels (only a small up charge).

Also before anyone says it, stay the hell away from Radical too.

But since your goal is to stay at $400 complete, no one here can really offer you much good advice. You can get close to that and do a lot better than BCA by assembling it all yourself but I would not recommend that in your case.

Good luck.
    Thank you. Right now I am just doing a simple build with the "bag for your buck" while also doing an entry into putting a AR15 together. As far as DEL-TON, I do have a build planned for that too. It will be done down the line when I have a mode hands on approach.

SkiPatrolDude

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 24, 2017
    Timonium-Lutherville
    Thank you. Right now I am just doing a simple build with the "bang for your buck" while also doing an entry into putting a AR15 together. As far as DEL-TON, I do have a build planned for that too. It will be done down the line when I have a mode hands on approach.
    Good luck with the "bang" part.

Plus, what Growler215 said. I wouldn't call this a build. Nothing wrong with what you are doing, but a "build" it aint.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Nelsonbencasey

Latest threads

Top Bottom