• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Charliea

Jun 3, 2014
    EXTREME plinking

When teaching my granddaughters to shoot last summer we had the same problem every one encounters --- paper targets are BORING!

So we came up with a better target: the BIG Blast Target Inflator, a valve that enables pressurizing 2-liter pop bottles for shooting and a big blast.

See it in action here: (Crank it up and hear the echos)
    How to KILL a pop bottle
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6DEaNAhbj2I

We've got them on ebay now so everyone can enjoy!!

campns

Ultimate Member
    Mar 6, 2013
    Germantown, MD
    Personally if it's a range that allows for you to shoot toward the ground. i like tennis balls either thrown on the ground or suspended with some 550 chord so it moves. we would always hang one ball on 550 and hang it on a PVC pipe with a loop, each shooter gets a chance to hit it, when it's hit then the ball is live and you have to shoot while it's moving, really ups your hunting game.

GHETTO BLASTER

May 27, 2013
    At work for lunch I shoot "at" bees with a co2 pistol. There is a nest in the back wall and they come out about 5 at a time. I try to stay about 15 -20 feet away. They have been out about a month and a half and I have yet to hit one but I'm getting closer.

retafshooter

Apr 28, 2014
    West Elkridge
    I recently have been using a mixture of steel and other things like this one: The lower part of this one with the pheasant steel plate was purchased at the AGC Range.

IMG_5677.jpg

willy

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Oct 13, 2013
    Carroll County
    used to drill holes in foreign coins and hang them from fishing line. Save your old light bulbs. I have a ton of clay discs and holders designed for airguns, 22 blows them to pieces. Clay pigeons are fun as well as old shot gun shells on a fence. Any plastic bottle filled with colored water.

Rocky BearDog

1 mile south of freedom
    Sep 6, 2011
    Millers, MD.
    Mustang Lanes near Fells Point usually has old bowling pins for $1 each. I hang them with twine from a horizontal 2x4 at our camp. They swing nice and last longer than empty cans. Also really like the Top Hat reactive bouncing targets. In stores around $25 but found on eBay for $6.

Pinecone

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 4, 2013
    Necco wafers.

React when you hit them and biodegradeable.

And if you get hungry at the range, you can actually eat them. :)

HT4

Dum spiro spero.
    Jan 24, 2012
    Bethesda
    I'm a huge fan of self-healing bouncers. Great for teaching yourself to estimate range and practice varmint-misting.

ELLICOTT

Feb 28, 2015
    Paper targets are fun, but reactive targets are way more fun. Tin cans, balloons, and Justin Bieber CDs--we all know about. Me, I like to set up brass cases and pop 'em off the target stand.

Here's another one. Lay some joint compound into a rubber ice cube tray, screed the top smooth, and let it dry a few days. Pop the cubes out and set 'em up for targets. Even a little 22-cal bullet turns them into a big white puff of dust. Silicone rubber ice trays are perfect for this. Cheap, easy, and totally biodegradable with no litter at all.

What off-the-beaten-path target ideas do you have?
    Large army men from the Dollar Tree,4 of them for 1.00 they will take tons of lead and it doesn't even go all the way through them even with 1000 fps at 30 feet. Advill bottles work great too,they fly when you hit them and take a lot of shots. I made a target with rows of spoons from Dollar Tree (2 for 1.00) I bend them around a piece of all thread they spin like crazy when hit and reset again on their own. it gets addictive though! Have a blessed day.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    tyreseveronica

Latest threads

Top Bottom