• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • amoebicmagician

Samopal Goblin
    Dec 26, 2012
    Columbia, MD
    old cds, spongebob figurines, soda cans...

My buddy has a brother who is a manager at a fast food place, and who had boxes of the toys they give out in meals.

we put a parade of them together and set out to disintegrate them one at a time left to right with a 10/22 or other .22

It's much much more satisfying and a bit easier at range to do it with an AR...

but also much more expensive

I recently posted a thread about an amazing group I got from a nitrided upper from JSE that was incorporated into one of my builds- that same rifle was able to take hands, forearms, head, and then body off of the princess from frozen

I'm sick I know

tiersmoke92555

Prince George's County Freedom Fighter
    Jun 28, 2012
    Capitol Heights
    I Shoot at a Public Southern Maryland range so for me its 8" S&S from :)-mart or packs of colored paper from the dollar store. you get a nice puff of confetti.:sign01:

Trumpet

SCSC/NRA life member. MSI member
    Oct 29, 2005
    When I used to go to Hap Baker, on the slow days Jim the RO would smear a little dab of jelly on a target backer, and we'd sit and wait to snipe flies. Lots of fun.

JTH20

Feb 18, 2013
    MD
    Old peanut butter jars on a stick. The peanut butter keeps most of the plastic in and peanut butter drops when you get a good hit in.

Jed195

Ultimate Member
    Oct 19, 2011
    MD.
    I want to find a place that isn't "paper targets only", been wanting to shoot at the lids to those Danish Butter Cookie tins. They're about ten inches across, round and thick enough metal to make a nice Ping when struck by a 22 round(or whatever you are shooting). Pie pans(foil) or old used baking pan, sheet pans or anything metal to let you know you hit it.

mkrifle

Feb 6, 2015
    Steel plates that the rail lines are spiked to, empty propane tanks. I did shoot up my laptop once didnt make no gong sound but it felt good after all the frustration it caused when it crashed on me.

Attachments

• 1888459_423185037813235_2027981952_n.jpg
      1888459_423185037813235_2027981952_n.jpg
      114.7 KB · Views: 208
    Last edited:

Mack C-85

R.I.P.
    Jan 22, 2014
    Littlestown, PA
    Take a board (1x3,2x4) and run a saw kerf (3/16" or so wide and deep) the length of the board.

Stand NECCO wafers in the saw kerf. Quarter-size, Colorful, reactive, biodegradable, and TASTY!!!

Mack C-85

R.I.P.
    Jan 22, 2014
    Littlestown, PA
    Dremmel drill a small hole in the Necco wafer and hang them down with a small wire. I use spare electronic transformer wire.
    Sorry but with a wife, two kids, and four Rugers involved (all which are capable of wiping out lots of quarter sized targets at 50 feet), I don't have the time or patience to drill small holes in that many wafers!!;)

Parshooter

Silent Majority Member
    Mar 20, 2013
    East NC
    Hmmm...shaving cream!

I have a few 6"-diameter 3/8" thick A500 steel plates that I hang from 5' tall "shepherd's hook" plant hangers (Wal Mart, Lowe's, Home Despot). These hangers are made of 1/2" diameter steel rod stock. The plates make a real racket and they swing. One thing to do is not hang them with the steel rod (hanger) directly behind it. Instead, add a few links of 3/8" chain and have the hanger turned sideways, so it's right or left of the plate when you shoot. The stands last forever this way.

This! I learned the hard way about hanging steels with either an "S" hook or a single chain connector. That turns the plate 90degrees so you don't shoot the hanger out from under the plate!

Blacksmith101

Grumpy Old Man
    Jun 22, 2012
    Sorry but with a wife, two kids, and four Rugers involved (all which are capable of wiping out lots of quarter sized targets at 50 feet), I don't have the time or patience to drill small holes in that many wafers!!;)

Hot melt glue gun a piece of string to the wafer then get the kids to tie them to a main string to tie between uprights. After a while the will be shooting at the string instead of the wafer. The night critters will take care of the clean up.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    illlocs33

Latest threads

Top Bottom