Pole: New Colt Revolver vs Give Ammo Away?

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • New Colt Revolver vs Give Ammo Away?

• Give the ammo to your friend and move on with life.

Votes: 2 8.3%
    • Keep the ammo and buy 2 Pythons and 2 Cobras. FTW.

Votes: 14 58.3%
    • Keep the ammo, hit the range with rentals, and go from there.

Votes: 2 8.3%
    • Pray for an answer; you moron, and BTW it's "POLL"!

Votes: 6 25.0%

• Total voters

TI-tick

Ultimate Member
    BANNED!!!
    MDS Supporter
    Going through my bunker I came up with about 1K rounds of 357 and 38+P.
    I currently have S&W J frames and 38+P I don't care for shooting in J frames; 38 is fine. I have Colt Officer/Official Police 38's that could likely handle 38+P but no sense in pushing it.

I have no 357 revolvers and don't recall where that ammo came from; likely old boss or old girlfriend.

A good friend asked me if I had any 357 for his old school Python. I could give all the ammo to him and be done with it.

Or I could buy a new Python or Cobra for myself as I have a lot of feeding for a new revolver. And Pythons/Cobras are on the CA roster; 1500 bucks or so.

I've not shot, but handled the 6 and 4.25" Pythons; and I prefer the 4.25 as far as balance goes for me; which is strange as with my Colt SAA I prefer the 7.5" barrel.

CCW get's into the mix as carrying a 4.25 or greater barrel revolver is not conducive to CCW; Cobra 3 or 2" is better. But can that get me more than what I have with my S&W J's already in hand.

I would like to have a new Python just to have one. But I'd also like to have a big mammeried hot redhead.

Post away

Bafflingbs

Gozer the Destroyer
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 16, 2013
    Calvert County
    I’d get the Python! They just reintroduced the blued version, but, having a blued .357 already, I’d probably get the SS. A lot less upkeep

TheOriginalMexicanBob

Ultimate Member
    Jul 2, 2017
    Sun City West, AZ
    First choice...the big mammaried hot redhead...more fun than you can imagine...until she's not. Don't ask how I know...in my case it was a hot big mammaried auburn haired woman. Long time ago...still carry some scars but but some wonderful memories as well.

Second...the new Python is awesome. Consider the 5"...it's the most balanced Python of all...practically and aesthetically.

Being practical...if you want a carry revolver from Colt's new offerings...the 3" King Cobra has a lot to offer. Smaller frame than a Python...less bulk and weight...and adjustable sights are not necessary or practical for concealed carry. The 2" King Cobra Carry has too much bark...the extra inch for the barrel helps moderate that.

Bob A

όυ φροντισ
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 11, 2009
    First choice...the big mammaried hot redhead...more fun than you can imagine...until she's not. Don't ask how I know...in my case it was a hot big mammaried auburn haired woman. Long time ago...still carry some scars but but some wonderful memories as well.

Second...the new Python is awesome. Consider the 5"...it's the most balanced Python of all...practically and aesthetically.

Being practical...if you want a carry revolver from Colt's new offerings...the 3" King Cobra has a lot to offer. Smaller frame than a Python...less bulk and weight...and adjustable sights are not necessary or practical for concealed carry. The 2" King Cobra Carry has too much bark...the extra inch for the barrel helps moderate that.

Pythons are the antithesis of practical.

Desirable, would be more to the point. Approaching the archetypal well-mammaried redhead.

TI-tick

Ultimate Member
    BANNED!!!
    MDS Supporter
    Shouldn't the OP be on Calguns right now?
    I got a perma ban from Calguns; IDK 7 years ago or so.
    Lost my cool when someone snarked about something while my brother was in the Sandbox. IIRC I had the same handle.

Lesson learned. I don't think an apology would make a difference for rejoining so it is what it is. I'm not inclined to be sneeky. IIRC Kestral is the Norton of Calguns.

Calguns has a wealth of info. I have no hard feelings.

dist1646

Ultimate Member
    May 1, 2012
    Eldersburg
    Get an older model S&W model 19. Preferably a pre dash 4 series. You can shoot all of it and have fun, not to mention they are great guns. Having owned several Pythons back when they actually had real quality, I still got rid of them and kept the S&W's.

TI-tick

Ultimate Member
    BANNED!!!
    MDS Supporter
    If you had a 357 lever gun this whole exercise is… is…. Pointless?
    JFC.

I'm talking about revolvers, not rifles!
    You know, the hand held things that have a spinny thing that spins then goes boom when you pull the trigger thing.

Go back and read the post from the beginning.
    You're lack of attention is disturbing.
    No apologies.

I got a perma ban from Calguns; IDK 7 years ago or so.
    Lost my cool when someone snarked about something while my brother was in the Sandbox. IIRC I had the same handle.

Lesson learned. I don't think an apology would make a difference for rejoining so it is what it is. I'm not inclined to be sneeky. IIRC Kestral is the Norton of Calguns.

Calguns has a wealth of info. I have no hard feelings.
    Busting your chops because you're in CA now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Nelsonbencasey

Latest threads

Top Bottom