Pole: New Colt Revolver vs Give Ammo Away?

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • New Colt Revolver vs Give Ammo Away?

• Give the ammo to your friend and move on with life.

Votes: 2 8.3%
    • Keep the ammo and buy 2 Pythons and 2 Cobras. FTW.

Votes: 14 58.3%
    • Keep the ammo, hit the range with rentals, and go from there.

Votes: 2 8.3%
    • Pray for an answer; you moron, and BTW it's "POLL"!

Votes: 6 25.0%

• Total voters

Rockzilla

Ultimate Member
    Feb 6, 2010
    55.751244 / 37.618423
    Calguns has a wealth of info. I have no hard feelings.
    Yeah Calguns is that, been a member there for a while, like to go into the "Gunsmith Thread" and watch 2 or 3 of the regulars go back n forth about gunsmithing when someone asks. Then it gets interesting when someone goes on there and posts like he knows something, "keyboard Gunsmith"

Great bunch .. remind me of Castboolits..

Anyway...I'll take a Diamondback, older Python, Trooper...and done
    Smiths gotz a Mdl 19 nickel 2.5" sweet pistol

-Rock

chilipeppermaniac

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    TI-tick,

Answer me this. HOW in the world are you able to even type the word gun let alone own and shoot them, being a Kalifornian.

I have an acquaintance from the Stockton area but he now lives in Oklahoma for the past 2-3 years after his elderly parents relocated there. He is about the most LIB, TDS infected Californian that I have ever seen. He actually believes that the conservatives and Trump supporters and strict Constitutionalists are the ones who are bound to cause the demise of the land.

Somewhere I heard this notion before, but I think it came from my learning about the goals of the Marxists, Muslims, Chinese, North Koreans....

Those mutherfucking cockbreaths passed laws banning features in 1986 or so.
    CA firearms sellers complied by force of law; with a notably work around the bullet button. Press stories said if you press that mag release you get FA.
    That was then deemed verboten. Now there are fins and all kinds of ridiculous chit.

Fact: CA was made a state of the US by force with firearms.

Fact: CA, same as MD derived their state constitution from the NY constitution (easy to pass) that provids nothing for 2A.

The absence of state 2A support gives rise to the legal BS, in CA and MD.

I may be off a bit on this but I think on the whole I got it right.

Funny thing is if you are in the movies, you can get an exemption to the free world.
    Mil; IDK but don't think so.

Hell, Ask Alan Baldwin.

TI-tick,

I still am in shock at the uber LIB mind warped brain washed guy that I never saw out of my friend of 24 years.

It wasn't until he moved to Oklahoma, did I ever see how California poisoned his mind. AND he even owns guns which we used to discuss similarities of MD and CA with regards to the rights to own and shoot and hell, even impingements on things like them trying to ban reloading equipment and components.

Anyway, here is what he posted the other day on his FB page.,

"It is difficult to believe Trump is the Presidential frontrunner. It is difficult to believe some of the same people who fled the Congressional chambers in fear of rioters who carried nooses and demanded blood have risen to endorse Trump for President. After having stood behind the Senate Majority leader in support of his post Presidential Impeachment speech saying in essence, "We voted to acquit, not because he is not guilty, he surely is guilty of everything he has been accused of doing. January 6th was caused by his election lies, he helped to orchestrate the events, he encouraged them, he caused them. It was the most egregious dereliction of duty by an American President in US history. But we do not have jurisdiction to convict him because he is no longer the President." Many of these same people, with a straight face and no shame, stand now before God and the American people and spread the same lies of a stolen election. Without conscience. Without shame. They endorse Trump for President. And they affirm Trumps continued lies. It is difficult to believe an American political party now openly embraces far right white supremacist groups and hate filled ideologies. It is difficult to believe Christian Churches and Christians have come to embrace an ideology of authoritarianism, the supplanting of the Constitution, the overthrow of the American Republic in favor of some perverted ideal of Theocracy and are endorsing Trump. It is hard to believe the dimwitted might come to rule the Nation. In exactly one year from now, America will have fallen, or it will have weakly prevailed. A new President will be installed. It might be Trump. I will vote blue. Even here in this hillbilly hell that still believes he won."

Magnumite

Ultimate Member
    Dec 17, 2007
    Harford County, Maryland
    From the tone of comments made, OP’s query, with said amount of ammunition on hand, he has two considerations.

If the OP sold his 357’s then he may be at the same point soon if he buys a Python and/or Cobra. Is357 really his thing?

OP could just buy a Python. Shoot it a good bit. If it is favorable and enjoyable, try a Cobra. Buying two identical isn’t totally productiive. It ties up cash and burdens you as legal custodian to two handguns you won't shoot. Are you really going to shoot each one so much you need those backups? Look at your ammo stash…there’s the answer. Buying two with say different barrel lengths would be sound if you can identify real needs or ‘holes’ in battery of firearms.

Good luck.

calicojack

American Sporting Rifle
    MDS Supporter
    May 29, 2018
    Cuba on the Chesapeake
    Ugh. Ok, after reading all the posts, I say just go out and get a collection of snake guns (since you seem to obsessed with them; that's ok, there are worse vices). If your collection covers the bases from carry to range toy, then you'll be happy.

TI-tick

Ultimate Member
    BANNED!!!
    MDS Supporter
    TI-tick,

I still am in shock at the uber LIB mind warped brain washed guy that I never saw out of my friend of 24 years.

It wasn't until he moved to Oklahoma, did I ever see how California poisoned his mind. AND he even owns guns which we used to discuss similarities of MD and CA with regards to the rights to own and shoot and hell, even impingements on things like them trying to ban reloading equipment and components.

Anyway, here is what he posted the other day on his FB page.,

"It is difficult to believe Trump is the Presidential frontrunner. It is difficult to believe some of the same people who fled the Congressional chambers in fear of rioters who carried nooses and demanded blood have risen to endorse Trump for President. After having stood behind the Senate Majority leader in support of his post Presidential Impeachment speech saying in essence, "We voted to acquit, not because he is not guilty, he surely is guilty of everything he has been accused of doing. January 6th was caused by his election lies, he helped to orchestrate the events, he encouraged them, he caused them. It was the most egregious dereliction of duty by an American President in US history. But we do not have jurisdiction to convict him because he is no longer the President." Many of these same people, with a straight face and no shame, stand now before God and the American people and spread the same lies of a stolen election. Without conscience. Without shame. They endorse Trump for President. And they affirm Trumps continued lies. It is difficult to believe an American political party now openly embraces far right white supremacist groups and hate filled ideologies. It is difficult to believe Christian Churches and Christians have come to embrace an ideology of authoritarianism, the supplanting of the Constitution, the overthrow of the American Republic in favor of some perverted ideal of Theocracy and are endorsing Trump. It is hard to believe the dimwitted might come to rule the Nation. In exactly one year from now, America will have fallen, or it will have weakly prevailed. A new President will be installed. It might be Trump. I will vote blue. Even here in this hillbilly hell that still believes he won."
    That was a tough read; full on TDS, and standard CA lib talking points. Dude needs a check up from the neck up.

You could respond in kind with the same vitriol from the other side, but I doubt it would make any difference.

Good luck.

TI-tick

Ultimate Member
    BANNED!!!
    MDS Supporter
    Ugh. Ok, after reading all the posts, I say just go out and get a collection of snake guns (since you seem to obsessed with them; that's ok, there are worse vices). If your collection covers the bases from carry to range toy, then you'll be happy.
    Maybe I'm in denial, but I don't think I'm obsessed with Colt snakes; IDK what they would give me more than what I already have firearms wise; maybe a bit more but a negligable bit.

The snakes are certainly nice but I don't have Crossfit money and hot bicycle women paying me.
    Although I could buy a spread of snakes if the urge hits and the deal is right. The S&W 686 does nothing for me.

A trip next week to the range to check out the snakes using some ammo seems to make the most sense to me now. I need to practice with my carry firearms anyhow.

On the top of my obsession list is a WWII Browning HP. But the 15 round mags are verboten in CA and I don't want to separate the gun from the mag as that would be selfish and sacrilige; I've passed up many auctions with reasonable deals on HP's.

I think the obsession is for what eludes me.

TI-tick

Ultimate Member
    BANNED!!!
    MDS Supporter
    Too late! :lol2:
    1706992747470.png

Now you've done it.
    Set mind off on a new pole. :D

Uncle Duke

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 2, 2013
    Not Far Enough from the City
    Maybe I'm in denial, but I don't think I'm obsessed with Colt snakes; IDK what they would give me more than what I already have firearms wise; maybe a bit more but a negligable bit.

The snakes are certainly nice but I don't have Crossfit money and hot bicycle women paying me.
    Although I could buy a spread of snakes if the urge hits and the deal is right. The S&W 686 does nothing for me.

A trip next week to the range to check out the snakes using some ammo seems to make the most sense to me now. I need to practice with my carry firearms anyhow.

On the top of my obsession list is a WWII Browning HP. But the 15 round mags are verboten in CA and I don't want to separate the gun from the mag as that would be selfish and sacrilige; I've passed up many auctions with reasonable deals on HP's.

I think the obsession is for what eludes me.

Yep.

You bring some ammo. Your buddy brings his Python. You both put some rounds through it.

Your buddy shoots for free. You find out within a few cylinders, and with minimal expense and the newly acquired experience, whether or not you need a Python.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Nelsonbencasey

Latest threads

Top Bottom