• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Gambler

¿Got Freedom?
    Oct 30, 2011
    Parkville
    I picked up my Walther PPQ 1st edition this morning from The Gun Shop (thanks for the great price guys!). I'm going to clean it when I get home and hit Free State tonight. If you see me there and want to try it out, let me know. I'll probably be there around 8 or 8:30. The trigger feels great when dry firing, I can't wait to try it out for real.

Attachments

• IMG_0493.jpg
      IMG_0493.jpg
      54.9 KB · Views: 364
    • IMG_0494.jpg
      IMG_0494.jpg
      62.5 KB · Views: 376
    • IMG_0495.jpg
      IMG_0495.jpg
      61.5 KB · Views: 367
    Last edited:

browning guy

SCRUFFY NERF HERDER
    Dec 10, 2009
    Essex
    Glad it worked out for you and the gun is what you wanted! If you stop by on the way to free state I will spot you a box off ammo!

Gambler

¿Got Freedom?
    Oct 30, 2011
    Parkville
    It shot well. My accuracy with it was just fine, i found it easy to control. The trigger is great, maybe a little too great. I think I just need to get used to it. I'm used to taking up the slack on my XD40, and when I instinctively tried to do that, I'd light one off before I was perfectly aimed. I tried some rapid fire, and I am definitely the limiting factor there. The only downside was recoil, it was a little worse than I thought it would be for a 9mm, still less than my XD40 for sure. That may not be anything wrong with the gun, I hadn't shot 9mm in a while, and never Speer Law ammo.

Last edited:

Gambler

¿Got Freedom?
    Oct 30, 2011
    Parkville
    Oh, and thanks for the complimentary box of ammo. You didn't have to do that, but it was appreciated! I shot that box of 50 and another 100 with no hiccups other than a sliver of copper getting stuck in my finger...no idea how that happened.

Gambler

¿Got Freedom?
    Oct 30, 2011
    Parkville
    One thing the reviews I've watched/read say is that take-down is more difficult than it should be. They say you have to relieve tension, then pull down the take down tab. I don't know what they are talking about. I just grabbed the tab, pulled it down and the slide came off no problem. It is about as easy to field strip as I could imagine. Well, the standard PPQ would be, this one you have to take the thread protector off first to remove the barrel, which while a little annoying, but not a big deal.

clandestine

AR-15 Savant
    Oct 13, 2008
    Elkton, MD
    Oh, and thanks for the complimentary box of ammo. You didn't have to do that, but it was appreciated! I shot that box of 50 and another 100 with no hiccups other than a sliver of copper getting stuck in my finger...no idea how that happened.

Look at the takedown tab inside the trigger guard. You will see 2 small square holes. Debris and gas can come through there and it may be the reason for yous brass finger.

My trigger fingers gets REAL dirty when I shoot mine with a suppressor attached.

Gambler

¿Got Freedom?
    Oct 30, 2011
    Parkville
    Look at the takedown tab inside the trigger guard. You will see 2 small square holes. Debris and gas can come through there and it may be the reason for yous brass finger.

My trigger fingers gets REAL dirty when I shoot mine with a suppressor attached.

Thanks for the explanation, I see what you mean. Hopefully the shard was just a fluke, I don't mind dirty fingers, but (very minor) bleeding just isn't my thing.

clandestine

AR-15 Savant
    Oct 13, 2008
    Elkton, MD
    Thanks for the explanation, I see what you mean. Hopefully the shard was just a fluke, I don't mind dirty fingers, but (very minor) bleeding just isn't my thing.

Either the Mag or the Ramp/Throat is not agreeing with all of your ammo, or the extractor is shaving brass.

It may only be one brand of ammo causing this, otherwise a reliability job to the gun wil lprevent the shaving my contouring the Extractor, ramp than throat to prevent brass/copper shavings.

zombiehunter

Ultimate Member
    Jul 8, 2008
    One thing the reviews I've watched/read say is that take-down is more difficult than it should be. They say you have to relieve tension, then pull down the take down tab. I don't know what they are talking about. I just grabbed the tab, pulled it down and the slide came off no problem. It is about as easy to field strip as I could imagine. Well, the standard PPQ would be, this one you have to take the thread protector off first to remove the barrel, which while a little annoying, but not a big deal.

yeah...there's actually a youtube video of me and my buddy trying to clean his P22 where we broke that tab. Fixed by Scott's lol.

sailskidrive

Legalize the Constitution
    Oct 16, 2011
    Route 27
    Nice. I'm sure it's very ergonomic, but that grip looks like somebody circumcised it.

That's for personal hygiene and ascetic appeal. ;)

If you don't need a threaded barrel and night sights, the standard gun still has a ton of nice features. A German made gun for $550... pretty amazing.

Gambler

¿Got Freedom?
    Oct 30, 2011
    Parkville
    Either the Mag or the Ramp/Throat is not agreeing with all of your ammo, or the extractor is shaving brass.

It may only be one brand of ammo causing this, otherwise a reliability job to the gun wil lprevent the shaving my contouring the Extractor, ramp than throat to prevent brass/copper shavings.

Thanks for the info, I did a little mod last night that should fix the problem. I fixed those rectangle holes with some JB weld, that should keep those fragments from stabbing me. You gunsmiths are overrated!

clandestine

AR-15 Savant
    Oct 13, 2008
    Elkton, MD
    Thanks for the info, I did a little mod last night that should fix the problem. I fixed those rectangle holes with some JB weld, that should keep those fragments from stabbing me. You gunsmiths are overrated!

Overrated? Ok. BTW the JB can shear off if a round ruptures where the casing is unsupported. Those vents are likely there to keep the pressures from blowing the takedown bar down and allowing the slide to come off the gun while firing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    bapple

Latest threads

Top Bottom