• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ironpony

MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2013
    Davidsonville
    How long does the virus live without a host, like on a door knob etc?

Does Lysol kill this thing too?
    Have they found animals to be carriers at all?

pbharvey

Habitual Testifier
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    I was in Walmart about an hour ago. There were no bags of dried beans over 1lb, and the ones left were basically the lentils, green peas, and small red beans. No black beans, kidney, pinto, great northern, etc. All the bags of rice were gone. Most of the canned beans and vegetables were gone except for stuff like collard greens. The pasta was almost all gone. No hand sanitizer anywhere, not even in the travel sized aisle. I didn't see any antibacterial liquid soap and all the Dial Gold bars were gone. People had three and four bulk packs of TP in their carts and the TP shelves were mostly bare. No masks in hardware and only one pack of nitrile gloves left. People were walking around the store wearing masks, a lot of people.

I was in sams club yesterday and they had everything (food, bleach, etc.) in stock (didn’t check masks or gloves).
    I’m still topping off my stuff though.

willtill

The Dude Abides
    MDS Supporter
    May 15, 2007
    I was in sams club yesterday and they had everything (food, bleach, etc.) in stock (didn’t check masks or gloves).

I'm really not wanting to go into panic mode over this. I can't remember what it was many years ago around here in the DC-Baltimore metro areas, but people were buying duct tape and plastic sheeting to tent their houses. What a goat fornicating exercise that was... :rolleyes:

Norton

NRA Endowment Member, Rifleman
    Staff member
    Admin
    May 22, 2005

I'm really not wanting to go into panic mode over this. I can't remember what it was many years ago around here in the DC-Baltimore metro areas, but people were buying duct tape and plastic sheeting to tent their houses. What a goat fornicating exercise that was... :rolleyes:

I always view these "scares" as an opportunity to examine my preps and to go ahead and fill in gaps. When "it happens", you don't want to be the guy that's running around filling in those gaps along with the sheep.

99.9% of the time, it's been for nothing in the short term, but I feel like in the long term I've plugged some holes in my planning.

Boxcab

MSI EM
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 22, 2007
    AA County
    I always view these "scares" as an opportunity to examine my preps and to go ahead and fill in gaps. When "it happens", you don't want to be the guy that's running around filling in those gaps along with the sheep.

99.9% of the time, it's been for nothing in the short term, but I feel like in the long term I've plugged some holes in my planning.

:thumbsup:

Last night I dug out my supply of N95 masks I had bought a year or two ago. The box has 20 masks in it. I'm now thinking that number needs to at least quadruple when supplies return to normal. I was not thinking I'd might need a month or two's worth. I need to look at the other supplies with the same time line in mind.

hdatontodo

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2012
    So. Central Balto Co
    Does Lysol kill this thing too?

https://www.lysol.com/healthy-home/understanding-coronavirus/

Does Lysol kill the Novel Coronavirus (SARS-CoV-2)?

Specific Lysol products have demonstrated effectiveness against viruses similar to 2019 Novel Coronavirus (SARS-CoV-2) on hard, non-porous surfaces. In accordance with the EPA Viral Emerging Pathogen Policy, the following Lysol products can be used against 2019 Novel Coronavirus (SARS-CoV-2) when used in accordance with the directions for use.

• Lysol® Disinfectant Spray EPA #777-99
    • Lysol® Disinfectant Spray Max Cover Mist #777-127
    • Lysol® Multi-Surface Cleaner Pourable EPA #777-89
    • Lysol® Multi-Purpose Cleaner with Hydrogen Peroxide EPA #777-126
    • Lysol® Multi-Purpose Cleaner with Bleach EPA #777-83
    • Lysol® Power Bathroom Cleaner EPA #675-55
    • Lysol® Power Foam Bathroom Cleaner EPA #777-71
    • Lysol® Power Toilet Bowl Cleaner EPA #777-81
    • Lysol® Toilet Bowl Cleaner with Bleach EPA #777-102

Please refer to the CDC website at https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/ for additional information.

CrazySanMan

2013'er
    Mar 4, 2013
    Colorful Colorado
    I agree with Norton that this is a good time to analyze what you have put away and to see where any holes may be. I checked the masks in my garage, I always have some on hand since I occasionally grind and weld metal. Unfortunately all of the masks I have are the type with that plastic valve in them so I need to try to find some more.

I was surprised to see the Walmart shelves like they were, but to be fair, if you draw an arc from Denver from due south to due west, this would be the only Walmart for 30-50 miles in that area. This one is the only store like it for all the people in the mountain towns SW of Denver to shop at. You could tell too, a lot of the people in there looked like they walked right out of a Nat Geo "Doomsday Preppers" episode. Long beards, faded camo coats, old boots, gun company hats, etc. It was pretty wild seeing these guys pushing carts with propane bottles and big sacks of flour and toilet paper and bleach. I think the CDC statements yesterday about not if but when spooked a lot of these people. Just for fun this evening I'm going to go to a Walmart further in the metro area and a Sams Club to see how they are stocked.

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    To my knowledge there are no scientific studies that have proven that jerking off into a Kleenex while watching Golden Girls protects against against the virus.

I’ll let one of the real Doc’s weigh in.

If you are jerking off into a Kleenex while watching Golden Girls you probably have limited human contact and thus a very low risk of contracting the virus.

OLM-Medic

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    May 5, 2010
    How about some sugar and salt to make homemade oral rehydration solution. And an old Camelback tube if you need to go rectal. Ain't pretty but it works.

Alphabrew

Binary male Lesbian
    Jan 27, 2013
    Woodbine
    Home Depot and Lowe’s have been out of the N95 masks for weeks now.

I’m getting a bathroom remodeled right now which includes tearing down plaster and doing drywall work. I hope the guys working on it have a good mask supply.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Nelsonbencasey

Latest threads

Top Bottom