• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • KJackson

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 3, 2017
    Carroll County
    On a selfish, personal note, I am wondering what this will do to the processing of 77R forms. I have something waiting on me to pick it up the beginning of next week.

That guy Jeff

The artist formerly known as eljefefx
    Sep 28, 2010
    An island in the PNW
    I picked up some new disinfectant tonight. I'll report on if it does a good job.

46c53BC.jpg

KJackson

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 3, 2017
    Carroll County
    I stopped at the Walmart in Eldersburg to watch the show and I chuckled when I heard over the intercom that they needed a manager to the sporting goods to open the ammo case.

bibitor

Kulak
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 10, 2017
    FEMA Region III
    Anyone else observing the propagation of the talking points targeted at those that took the time to see this coming weeks ago and up the ante on their preps?

The spin now is that you are selfish, that you are causing others to go without, etc, etc.

Collectivists feel the need to collect.

It’s infuriating, but sheep will be sheep.

My wife and I have listened to folks who know what the fvck they’re talking about:

I asked a close friend who works for John$ Hopkin$ Office of Critical Event Preparedness and Response. I was told forget about masks, but have a few weeks of commodities on hand at a minimum. Source is a no-nonsense, grounded individual with boot-on-the-ground experience studying infectious disease around the world.

“I think the diagnostic issue is the single most important thing that keeps me up at night right now,” said Lauren Sauer, director of operations at the Johns Hopkins Office of Critical Event Preparedness and Response in Baltimore.

We texted our friend again tonight to tell her thanks for the heads-up and asked if she had any more advise. We were told STAY HOME.

Guess where I’m gonna be for the next couple weeks?

protegeV

Ready to go
    Apr 3, 2011
    TX
    I'm questioning if people are just preparing to stay home for 2 weeks or for the end of the world with all the empty grocery stores.

6-Pack

NRA Life Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 17, 2013
    Carroll Co.
    I'm questioning if people are just preparing to stay home for 2 weeks or for the end of the world with all the empty grocery stores.

I honestly think a lot of people “pick something up on the way home” and have very little in the pantry.

Grampa G

Ultimate Member
    Jan 11, 2010
    Washington Co.
    My dental hygienist commented today that she didn't have anything in her pantry but maybe a half jar of peanut butter and some leftover soup in the freezer. She stops at the market daily to buy fresh.

slsc98

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    May 24, 2012
    Escaped MD-stan to WNC Smokies
    I used to care take a farm and the retired owners (husband half) went to the local IGA for dinner and assorted other groceries (guessing breakfast and lunch for next day) EVERY SINGLE DAY. That was 30 years ago and today, we have very wealthy neighbors closest to us and danged if the husband half doesn’t run to the grocery store (at least an hour round trip) EVERY SINGLE AFTERNOON. To each his or her own but thankfully, my wife and I both agree, that’d drive us crazy!

protegeV

Ready to go
    Apr 3, 2011
    TX
    My dental hygienist commented today that she didn't have anything in her pantry but maybe a half jar of peanut butter and some leftover soup in the freezer. She stops at the market daily to buy fresh.

Yeah, some people are like that.
    We aren't exactly set up to hunker down for a long haul, but if worst came to worst we would probably have enough on hand for about a month. Not exactly gourmet but we'd survive.

MDFF2008

Ultimate Member
    Aug 12, 2008
    I am so glad I went Wednesday. It was picked clean today, though going at 10pm the lines were manageable.

I have to say, with shelves emptied, and distribution centers dumping their inventory to refill, there has to be some money to be made there in the stock market.

fidelity

piled higher and deeper
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 15, 2012
    Frederick County
    I went on a recon mission to Sam's Club and Walmart in Denver. Lots of carnage......

That's amazing. Really value seeing updates here from not only all over Maryland and Virginia, but MDSers in Colorado (like yourself), Texas, South Korea, etc. Gives real perspective to the breadth of what's happening.

rbird7282

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 6, 2012
    Columbia
    I had to pick up a couple of prescriptions for my wife and daughter tonight at Target in Columbia. This was the cold medicine isle. Nothing left. The children’s pain relief section was on the other side of this same isle and was completely empty.

We are doomed as a country if this is how people are going to react.
    People need to think calmly and rationally and stop being f’ing morons.

653d44f2cf2321ea5327ceb328d9364f.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

protegeV

Ready to go
    Apr 3, 2011
    TX
    I had to pick up a couple of prescriptions for my wife and daughter tonight at Target in Columbia. This was the cold medicine isle. Nothing left. The children’s pain relief section was on the other side of this same isle and was completely empty.

We are doomed as a country if this is how people are going to react.
    People need to think calmly and rationally and stop being f’ing morons.

653d44f2cf2321ea5327ceb328d9364f.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tbh that may not even be a hoarding situation. There are plenty of people that dont keep that stuff on hand. All of the sudden everyone decides they need a bottle and poof it's all gone.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    jlng1984

Latest threads

Top Bottom