Que surprise...Jews are warming to the 2nd Amendment...

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • emerald

Ultimate Member
    Apr 25, 2015
    Perhaps you both can attend a future MDS meetup and I will question him on his abject stupidity

I look forward to it (MDS meetup) at some point. He's moved out of the state (GA), so you'll just have to give me pointers for when I see him next.

Last edited:

Occam

Not Even ONE Indictment
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 24, 2018
    Montgomery County
    How do you know they don't own guns? A lot of the Jews I know are liberals and they own them.

But correct, I do not live in Montgomery County.
    Montgomery County is the seat of election financial power in the state. I've spent most of my life here in an area that has a LOT more Jews per capita than we see across the rest of the state and most of the country. And they are almost universally reflexive D voters and routinely condemn gun ownership of any kind, to say nothing of carrying, etc.

The MD General Assembly's never-ending anti-2A posture in Annapolis is only possible because of the financial cover given to the D party by the cash found in Chevy Chase, Potomac, Bethesda and points between. These are folks who live around me in every direction, and their yards are liberally (ahem) decorated with Demanding Moms-ish signs and every other boilerplate anti-liberty (generally) and anti-gun (more specifically) propaganda.

It's not just some, or most. It's virtually everyone in this area, Jewish and otherwise. And the outsized influence this small area's wealthy donors and activists have over both local and national politics is a stark reality. There may indeed be a lot of MoCo Jews giving thought to buying ... something (carrying? we shall see). But whatever has pushed that Demographic, nationally, into the arms of the progressive left still has huge numbers of them pinned down there.

whistlersmother

Peace through strength
    Jan 29, 2013
    Fulton, MD
    Meh. Leopard can't change its spots and neither can anti-2A people.

The rush to get "theirs" will quickly be followed with a rush of "can't get yours"...

TheOriginalMexicanBob

Ultimate Member
    Jul 2, 2017
    Sun City West, AZ
    But will this translate into them correlating their voting behavior with the need for arming up? I highly doubt it because you know, mean tweets and MAGA. :banghead:

While I might be hopeful…I have few illusions about that. Most will likely always run home to the Democrat Party in the voting booth.

During the time of “mostly peaceful” protests and demonstrations…Libs were arming up out of fear. United in Rockville couldn’t maintain an inventory of self-defense kinds of firearms…especially shotguns. These scared Libs in MoCo were paying most any price for shotguns. Once the situation subsided there was a glut of such shotguns and other firearms on the used market at depressed prices from the panic.

Once they felt safe again…those same Libs went home to their belief system that Liberalism is the one true religion and big daddy lib government will care for you.

JohnnyE

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 18, 2013
    MoCo
    While I might be hopeful…I have few illusions about that. Most will likely always run home to the Democrat Party in the voting booth.

During the time of “mostly peaceful” protests and demonstrations…Libs were arming up out of fear. United in Rockville couldn’t maintain an inventory of self-defense kinds of firearms…especially shotguns. These scared Libs in MoCo were paying most any price for shotguns. Once the situation subsided there was a glut of such shotguns and other firearms on the used market at depressed prices from the panic.

Once they felt safe again…those same Libs went home to their belief system that Liberalism is the one true religion and big daddy lib government will care for you.
    "Once they felt safe again…those same Libs went home to their belief system that Liberalism is the one true religion and big daddy lib government will care for you."

They felt that way for 78 years, then October 7 popped the bubble. "Never again" means ETERNAL vigilance!

JohnnyE

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 18, 2013
    MoCo
    While I was at Engage, in walked a Jewish MoCo restaurateur I've know for over two decades. He started looking at carry pistols. We chatted and I discovered he had just gotten an HQL and W&C permit, and was waiting his first purchase to clear the waiting period and was picking out a second carry pistol. He's a new gun owner at age 65.

4g64loser

Bad influence
    Jan 18, 2007
    maryland
    While I was at Engage, in walked a Jewish MoCo restaurateur I've know for over two decades. He started looking at carry pistols. We chatted and I discovered he had just gotten an HQL and W&C permit, and was waiting his first purchase to clear the waiting period and was picking out a second carry pistol. He's a new gun owner at age 65.
    I hope you steered him towards nice guns and good training.

Slackdaddy

My pronouns: Iva/Bigun
    Jan 1, 2019
    Surprise! Surprise! SURPRISE!!
    "You got your HQL and W&C Permit,,, but you can not carry most anywhere in Mont County outside of your own bathroom!!"

Montgomery County is the seat of election financial power in the state. I've spent most of my life here in an area that has a LOT more Jews per capita than we see across the rest of the state and most of the country. And they are almost universally reflexive D voters and routinely condemn gun ownership of any kind, to say nothing of carrying, etc.

The MD General Assembly's never-ending anti-2A posture in Annapolis is only possible because of the financial cover given to the D party by the cash found in Chevy Chase, Potomac, Bethesda and points between. These are folks who live around me in every direction, and their yards are liberally (ahem) decorated with Demanding Moms-ish signs and every other boilerplate anti-liberty (generally) and anti-gun (more specifically) propaganda.

It's not just some, or most. It's virtually everyone in this area, Jewish and otherwise. And the outsized influence this small area's wealthy donors and activists have over both local and national politics is a stark reality. There may indeed be a lot of MoCo Jews giving thought to buying ... something (carrying? we shall see). But whatever has pushed that Demographic, nationally, into the arms of the progressive left still has huge numbers of them pinned down there.
    Jews across Pikesville are saying "Hold my Manischewitz"

JohnnyE

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 18, 2013
    MoCo
    Surprise! Surprise! SURPRISE!!
    "You got your HQL and W&C Permit,,, but you can not carry most anywhere in Mont County outside of your own bathroom!!"
    At least as a conservative business owner he votes correctly.

JohnnyE

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 18, 2013
    MoCo
    Thanks! While I picture him more a Mitch Rosen kid of guy, he'll need something during the wait, and if Crossbreed offered belt clips with a Star of David and not a cross, they might make the sale. Say, is horsehide kosher or is cowhide the only option?

4g64loser

Bad influence
    Jan 18, 2007
    maryland
    Thanks! While I picture him more a Mitch Rosen kid of guy, he'll need something during the wait, and if Crossbreed offered belt clips with a Star of David and not a cross, they might make the sale. Say, is horsehide kosher or is cowhide the only option?
    If he's a leather guy, that's cool. I run galco, sparks, and lou alessi leather. Don't have anything from Rosen but their sharkskin stuff is supposed to be very nice.

No idea on kosher. Even when I dated a Jewish girl I was not up on all the rules. Horsehide makes nice holsters. My alessi guardian was mostly horsehide I believe.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Mikeymike88

Latest threads

Top Bottom