• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • smkranz

Certified Caveman
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 21, 2013
    Carroll County
    Delegate Susan Krebs (Carroll County) gave 2A supporters some props in her legislative update email yesterday.

"Gun Day" in Annapolis

Monday was "Gun Day" in the Maryland House of Delegates Judiciary Committee. Testimony was submitted and heard from over 2,000 Maryland constituents on 19 bills that included: a bill to regulate long guns - shotguns and rifles - like handguns, requiring a license and background checks by unlicensed sellers, gun storage and others.

Supporters and Opponents streamed into Annapolis and waited to testify at 10 AM with the hearing ending at 4:30 AM Tuesday morning- a record 18 hour hearing.

Most of the testimony was on HB786, regulating long guns, and came from opponents who argued that these bills unnecessarily add to already strict regulations and inhibit law-abiding citizens. Maryland has some of the strictest gun laws in the nation, yet Baltimore City has the highest murder rate in the nation.

The opponents argued long guns aren't a public safety risk because they are rarely used in homicides and that these types of laws do not get at the root of the violent shootings across our country and asked lawmakers to consider legislation improving access to mental health care rather than creating a $3.4 million licensing system. In Maryland, there were two murders with a shotgun and two with a rifle while there were 368 murders with handguns, according to the MD State Police Uniform Crime Report.

HB740 would outlaw the possession, creation and sale of homemade 3D-printed guns and other firearms made after 1968 that don't have federally issued serial numbers. This is redundant because current federal law forbids possession of undetectable firearms.

A gun is only a tool, not the perpetrator of a crime. I appreciate our citizens' advocacy and firmly believe in our 2nd amendment rights.

I support Governor Hogan's proposed bill HB236 Crimes - Use of a Firearm in the Commission of a Crime of Violence or Felony - Penalties (The Repeat Firearms Offender Act of 2019) that was also heard, advocating for longer mandatory minimum sentences for repeat offenders using firearms in violent crimes.

The bills unnecessarily add to already strict regulations and inhibit law-abiding citizens. These bills truly do not get at the root of the violent shootings across our country. A gun is only a tool, not the perpetrator of a crime. I appreciate our citizens' advocacy and firmly believe in our 2nd amendment rights.

I support Governor Hogan's proposed bill HB236 Crimes - Use of a Firearm in the Commission of a Crime of Violence or Felony - Penalties (The Repeat Firearms Offender Act of 2019) that was also heard, advocating for longer mandatory minimum sentences for repeat offenders using firearms in violent crimes.​

[emphasis added]

So, she doesn't come out to say she will vote against the bills, and she needs an editor to clean up the redundancies. But hopefully she's learned her lesson from last year's vote in favor of HB 1302. Just in case, she needs to hear from us directly.

rbird7282

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 6, 2012
    Columbia
    I have a custom letter on the way to Senator Ready. He apparently liked liked my testimony, turned his chair, smiled, and gave me a thumbs up. My own Senator (Guzzone) would take my guns already, please.

Guzzone is a POS. God I hate Howard County.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MEGARMS

KnowNothing
    Jun 3, 2012
    Carroll County
    HB740 would outlaw the possession, creation and sale of homemade 3D-printed guns and other firearms made after 1968 that don't have federally issued serial numbers. This is redundant because current federal law forbids possession of undetectable firearms.

She also needs to realize not having a serial number and a gun being undetectable to a metal detector are not the same thing.

Susan, the reason this bill is no good is because it would instantaneously make felons out of thousands of otherwise law abiding Marylanders because they will refuse to dispose of their property that was obtained legally.

Ammo Jon

Ultimate Member
    Mar 3, 2008
    Delegate Susan Krebs (Carroll County) gave 2A supporters some props in her legislative update email yesterday.

"Gun Day" in Annapolis

Monday was "Gun Day" in the Maryland House of Delegates Judiciary Committee. Testimony was submitted and heard from over 2,000 Maryland constituents on 19 bills that included: a bill to regulate long guns - shotguns and rifles - like handguns, requiring a license and background checks by unlicensed sellers, gun storage and others.

Supporters and Opponents streamed into Annapolis and waited to testify at 10 AM with the hearing ending at 4:30 AM Tuesday morning- a record 18 hour hearing.

Most of the testimony was on HB786, regulating long guns, and came from opponents who argued that these bills unnecessarily add to already strict regulations and inhibit law-abiding citizens. Maryland has some of the strictest gun laws in the nation, yet Baltimore City has the highest murder rate in the nation.

The opponents argued long guns aren't a public safety risk because they are rarely used in homicides and that these types of laws do not get at the root of the violent shootings across our country and asked lawmakers to consider legislation improving access to mental health care rather than creating a $3.4 million licensing system. In Maryland, there were two murders with a shotgun and two with a rifle while there were 368 murders with handguns, according to the MD State Police Uniform Crime Report.

A gun is only a tool, not the perpetrator of a crime. I appreciate our citizens' advocacy and firmly believe in our 2nd amendment rights.

I support Governor Hogan's proposed bill HB236 Crimes - Use of a Firearm in the Commission of a Crime of Violence or Felony - Penalties (The Repeat Firearms Offender Act of 2019) that was also heard, advocating for longer mandatory minimum sentences for repeat offenders using firearms in violent crimes.

The bills unnecessarily add to already strict regulations and inhibit law-abiding citizens. These bills truly do not get at the root of the violent shootings across our country. A gun is only a tool, not the perpetrator of a crime. I appreciate our citizens' advocacy and firmly believe in our 2nd amendment rights.

I support Governor Hogan's proposed bill HB236 Crimes - Use of a Firearm in the Commission of a Crime of Violence or Felony - Penalties (The Repeat Firearms Offender Act of 2019) that was also heard, advocating for longer mandatory minimum sentences for repeat offenders using firearms in violent crimes.​

[emphasis added]

So, she doesn't come out to say she will vote against the bills, and she needs an editor to clean up the redundancies. But hopefully she's learned her lesson from last year's vote in favor of HB 1302. Just in case, she needs to hear from us directly.

Anyway that Baltimore City could be treated as a separate entity from the rest of the state? Seems like people violence in Baltimore City is making life difficult for the rest of us.

dist1646

Ultimate Member
    May 1, 2012
    Eldersburg

"Gun Day" in Annapolis

[emphasis added]

Notice that there was crickets from her prior to the hearings! She could have put some alert info out beforehand but, she has been playing a game with us. She now knows that there are many of us in her district that have caught on to her and she is slowly beginning to feel some heat. Word to the wise, watch her closely, especially behind the scenes. Keep the heat on!

chinchong87

Sep 2, 2009
    AA
    Glad you guys were able to make it on both days. Unfortunately I wasn’t able to. However I finally
    Joined MSI and I’ve been spreading the gospel at work and among my friends. Emailed and mailed my representatives as well

offthepaper

Ultimate Member
    Sep 7, 2007
    Harford County
    Just wondering.
    Is there a way for Members (and others) to purchase the "WE WILL NOT COMPLY" tee shirts?
    It could become a decent fundraiser for the cause.
    Imagine if you were to start seeing the WE WILL NOT COMPLY shirts as you travel around the state.
    Similar to the Red MAGA hats you see around. Always a good visual message.
    I'd wear it, not just at the MGA meets.

Rack&Roll

R.I.P
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    Bunkerville, MD
    Just wondering.
    Is there a way for Members (and others) to purchase the "WE WILL NOT COMPLY" tee shirts?
    Imagine if you were to start seeing the WE WILL NOT COMPLY shirts as you travel around the state.

Absolutely you can put in your order for a shirt here:

https://www.mdshooters.com/showthread.php?t=233076

Just leave us a post and will will PM with payment info for checks/Money orders and PayPal. Don't forget to specify how many and what size.

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    Just wondering.

PM sent

Racer Doug14

Thread killer
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Feb 22, 2013
    Millers Maryland
    Notice that there was crickets from her prior to the hearings! She could have put some alert info out beforehand but, she has been playing a game with us. She now knows that there are many of us in her district that have caught on to her and she is slowly beginning to feel some heat. Word to the wise, watch her closely, especially behind the scenes. Keep the heat on!

I had a long disappointing phone call with her last year. We discussed the "red flag" and bump stock bills last year. She's not the best Del. we could have. Maybe she is feeling the heat.

budman93

Ultimate Member
    Mar 1, 2013
    Frederick County
    has there been any movement of any of the bills in committee? Just about a month till sine die. I haven't heard if anything had been recommended for a vote or not.

tallen702

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 3, 2012
    In the boonies of MoCo
    Anyway that Baltimore City could be treated as a separate entity from the rest of the state? Seems like people violence in Baltimore City is making life difficult for the rest of us.

Ordinances instead of state-wide law would do it, but those in control in Baltimore want to make everyone pay for their chronic mismanagement of their own problems. I don't recall weather MD is like VA or WV where state law supersedes local law either (eg, VA towns can't enforce public carry laws that are more prohibitive than VA state laws on the matter).

Malleovic

Apr 21, 2017
    Maryland
    has there been any movement of any of the bills in committee? Just about a month till sine die. I haven't heard if anything had been recommended for a vote or not.

I'm tracking 4 bills on the senate side and 5 bills in the house and I've not seen any movement yet. That includes things like transfers, HBARs, HPRB, and 3D printed/80%s.

babalou

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 12, 2013
    Glenelg
    Reverse

Ordinances instead of state-wide law would do it, but those in control in Baltimore want to make everyone pay for their chronic mismanagement of their own problems. I don't recall weather MD is like VA or WV where state law supersedes local law either (eg, VA towns can't enforce public carry laws that are more prohibitive than VA state laws on the matter).

What about less lenient than state law?

Bertfish

Throw bread on me
    Mar 13, 2013
    White Marsh, MD
    I'm tracking 4 bills on the senate side and 5 bills in the house and I've not seen any movement yet. That includes things like transfers, HBARs, HPRB, and 3D printed/80%s.

The thing that matters is cross over day. Even if they dont make it by cross over day Mike and Mike could shove them to a rules committee and jam them through anyways.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Mikeymike88

Latest threads

Top Bottom