• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • fireup

Oct 14, 2010
    Catonsville
    Looking at picking up a couple stripped lowers to hold onto. I've been calling around the local shops near me and its either dpms, spike or lrb. Recommendations?

wreckdiver

Ultimate Member
    Nov 13, 2008
    Looking at picking up a couple stripped lowers to hold onto. I've been calling around the local shops near me and its either dpms, spike or lrb. Recommendations?

Surprised you found some locally. Care to share?

gunone

MDS Supporter
    Sep 9, 2011
    MD
    Might want to check out Engage in the IP section. They have their own lowers made and seem to be highly praised on here by the owners.

Dan44

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    May 5, 2008
    Might want to check out Engage in the IP section. They have their own lowers made and seem to be highly praised on here by the owners.

Ditto, the smith the built my AR was impressed with it and they don't have those ugly markings on them

Darkemp

Ultimate Member
    Aug 18, 2009
    Marylandistan
    Surprised you found some locally. Care to share?

I'll share: 1 DPMS from On Target (bought for less than the price today on DPMS's site). Shop owner is limiting 1 lower per 30 days for everyone. Got 3 LRB's from The Gun Shop today, there were 14 at 2:30pm, think all are gone now, by 4:00 only 3 remained.

maddogthegreatest

Nov 19, 2012
    Somewhere in MD
    I was thinking about building one for myself since past summer, but I guess I waited too long.:banghead:
    All lower parts are drying up pretty fast, and now I cannot find anything out there.:shocked4:

It looks like everybody is on the AR15 bandwagon and jacking up the prices way high..:mad54:

Darkemp

Ultimate Member
    Aug 18, 2009
    Marylandistan
    LRB makes a good lower, dare I say better than a spike's

I had never looked at one until today, Google-fu told me the ARFCOM folks blessed it, and I couldn't really find any negatives online. In person it was as good or better than many others I've seen.

Lets see...4 new lowers:

1.). Pistol Build
    2.). M16A1 Clone build (have a line on a complete take off Colt commercial M16 upper.
    3.). Dissipator mid-length gas system carbine in either FDE or OD.
    4.). Undecided

Blu Falcon

Recon by Fire
    Aug 28, 2012
    Colorado
    I received an email from Joe Bob Outfitters earlier today informing me that NFA stripped lowers were back in stock. I immediately went to the web site to place an order and they were already sold out.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Davech1831

Latest threads

Top Bottom