• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Czechnologist

Concerned Citizen
    Mar 9, 2016
    I had a very close call during today's bowling pin match. I was seated about 10 yards behind the shooting positions, watching other shooters take their turns when I was struck by a .22 LR bullet that ricocheted off a pin right above my left eye. Talk about lucky. I bled like a stuck-pig for a few minutes, got it stopped and headed back home. Felt like someone had punched me in the face and now I'm sporting a nice shiner. LOL Damn.

I'm a little freaked-out but, eternally thankful it didn't hit me in either the eye, the mouth or the nose, so it's RICOCHET KARMA TIME, BABY!!!

U6G4RvJ.jpg

Up for grabs is BNIB Caldwell Lead Sled Solo I got from Bass Pro Shops back in May. It has never been used or even taken out of the box. (Domestic US-only) shipping is on me.

I'll keep it simple. To enter, just post, "I'm in!" and your favorite number between 1 and 500. I'll select a winner next Saturday evening with the good old Random Number Generator. Whomever is closest to the number is the winner. Good Luck!

Last edited:

Boondock Saint

Ultimate Member
    Dec 11, 2008
    White Marsh
    :shocked3:
    :eek:
    Wow......

Today was not your day to be blinded, or worse. Depending on your school of thought, you should buy some Powerball tickets, or maybe never buy another one because all of your luck was used up on that ricochet.

Stay safe, folks.

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    This is gonna be fun for the next week or so.

What happened?

Oh, I was shot.

ADR

Ultimate Member
    Aug 17, 2011
    Way more likely/possible than a lot of people probably realize. 3-4 years ago I was conducting quals with a bunch of officers and felt something hit my vest. Looked and found a mushroomed piece of pistol lead sitting between my vest and one of the M4 mag pouches. Somehow it managed to ricochet off of the lead trap behind the targets.

Dingo222

Nov 6, 2019
    That’ll increase the pucker factor for a while. I’m glad you had some of that good karma left. Get well soon. I’ll go 73.

JohnnyE

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 18, 2013
    MoCo
    WOW! Glad you have your eye and your life.

As a lad, my pop caught a .22LR to the forehead shooting stuff at a junkyard. Did about the same damage you suffered, and I caught a fragment of a 9mm round coming back at my right bicep at MSAR at their old range over a decade ago. Broke the skin, lodged there briefly until I knocked it out. Hotter than hell.

Maybe this is more common than we realize. Keep that eye-pro one anywhere near the range.

RoadDawg

Nos nostraque Deo
    Dec 6, 2010
    What other MDS members have been shot in the head, and lived to tell us about it?

OP,
    Glad it was not any more serious than that. Just says to all of us… “wear eye protection when near a range.”

Not in for the karma.

Uncle Duke

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 2, 2013
    Not Far Enough from the City
    DAMN man! LUCKY isn't even in this!

I've seen jackets and bullet fragments
    behind the firing line, where it's obvious a ricochet of some sort likely occured. I've not seen this!

NOT IN on your generous karma, but I'm very glad you're ok!

Note to Self: Glasses Self, even when off the line.

Thanks for posting a tough reminder.

Last edited:

HogCommander

Aug 10, 2013
    Texas Hill Country
    I'm in...338.

I've also had a ricochet injury to the face and glad you're OK. I was shooting steel plates and caught the mushroomed lead core of a 5.56 round high on my left cheek.

The scar is a visible reminder that accidents like that happen around 2700 fps and you can't be too careful!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Mikeymike88

Latest threads

Top Bottom