• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • gwchem

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 18, 2014
    SoMD
    I'm in. 308.

After having lasik, I finally got serious about my eye protection. I wear glasses pretty much any time a power tool is in my hands now, and upgraded my shooting sunglasses.

august1410

Marcas Registradas
    Apr 10, 2009
    New Bern, NC
    What other MDS members have been shot in the head, and lived to tell us about it?

OP,
    Glad it was not any more serious than that. Just says to all of us… “wear eye protection when near a range.”

Not in for the karma.

Shotgun pellet to the neck. Thought I had gotten stung by a bee. Picked it out and went for a burger afterward.

I’m in with number 252.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

EXIT WOUND

Sep 22, 2011
    Wow. Good Karma certainly came your way. Thank Goodness for that. Damn that was close. Not in.

Michigander08

ridiculous and psychotic
    MDS Supporter
    May 29, 2017
    Crazy! You are lucky but I am just shaking my head here. 10 yards and shooting at bowling pin with .22lr. Is this the sort of thing people like to do?

DeadInside

MDS Supporter
    Jan 27, 2022
    SOMD
    I’m in. 17

Wow way too close for comfort thank goodness your okay. As others have noted re-confirms the need for eye pro at any time we are on a range…

Alan3413

Ultimate Member
    Mar 4, 2013
    Not in. Just to let OP know I'm glad he's okay. And maybe he should buy a lottery ticket.

Czechnologist

Concerned Citizen
    Mar 9, 2016
    For the record and just to clarify, yes, I was wearing shooting glasses. Eye and hearing protection is mandatory to participate in matches at MPC and no exceptions are made. That's whether you're on the line or standing/sitting directly behind it. The only place you don't have to wear your eyes and ears is out in the parking lot.

I've been shooting bowling pin matches for 40 years. My first match was in 1982 on an indoor range using a Sig P220. During that time, I've been pinged in the arms and legs with bullet fragments more times than I can count...but, I never saw anyone get hit by a ricochet the way I got hit yesterday. That one had my name on it.

platekiller

Ultimate Member
    Jun 7, 2011
    Martinsburg, WV
    Crazy! You are lucky but I am just shaking my head here. 10 yards and shooting at bowling pin with .22lr. Is this the sort of thing people like to do?
    Not in.

The OP says he was seated 10 yards behind the firing position (I read as firing line) not target. So he was observing a shoot and got hit with a ricochet.

OP, glad your ok. Chet that was a close call. Good reminder to always wear ears and eyes. Have you seen 22s ricochet off pins before? Just curious since I’ve never shot pins.

StantonCree

Watch your beer
    Jan 23, 2011
    Was qualifying one time and took a bounce back hollow point jacket to the cheek. Same thing was pretty bloody. It was so sharp it didn’t hurt.

Not in just wanted to share it happens but best be protected (as you were) best you can.

Czechnologist

Concerned Citizen
    Mar 9, 2016
    Not in.

The OP says he was seated 10 yards behind the firing position (I read as firing line) not target. So he was observing a shoot and got hit with a ricochet.

OP, glad your ok. Chet that was a close call. Good reminder to always wear ears and eyes. Have you seen 22s ricochet off pins before? Just curious since I’ve never shot pins.
    I have seen them ricochet before but never directly back towards the shooting positions.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    illlocs33

Latest threads

Top Bottom