• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • airsporter

Apr 28, 2011
    Western MD
    Ruger customer service has been outstanding! I lost a small part, my fault, on an LCP pistol and they replaced it for free. Most recently, the cheek pad tab on my LC Carbine broke off. Again, they replaced it for free. I guess this is one more reason I am such a dedicated Ruger fan.

rseymorejr

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 28, 2011
    Harford County
    Glad to hear Ruger's customer service is top notch. I have a bunch of Rugers and so far not had to call about anything.

I had a good experience with Savage's customer service recently. I bought a used Rascal for my Granddaughter. After I got it home I noticed that I wasn't able to tighten the bolt that holds the stock to the barrel. When I got the screw out I found that it was the wrong thread and the previous owner had screwed up the female threads. I got a tap and was ale to clean up the threads and called Savage to see about a screw. The girl I was talking to was very helpful and as I was getting my wallet out she said "Ok, I'll send out a set of stock screws tomorrow for you. No charge" Can't beat that.

jokie

May 27, 2020
    A in AA
    My LCP is currently on its way to Ruger. I inquired online about a rust spot on the slide that I successfully removed but, also removed the factory finish in the process. They emailed me a prepaid label and told me to send it back. We’ll see what happens next.

May 21, 2017
    Gaithersburg, MD
    I've previously sent my GP100 back to them for a minor issue. It was returned in a few days, no charge, fixed, with a free hat. Small gesture on their part, imbedded a lot of loyalty to Ruger in me. Even if I never need their customer support again it's nice to know it's there and they'll take care of me. This is all in addition to the fact that the two Ruger revolvers I own are rock solid guns.

slsc98

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    May 24, 2012
    Escaped MD-stan to WNC Smokies
    They were outstanding with occasional servicing on four of five shotguns … as soon as I heard they were going to titer off servicing shotguns I sold my Red Labels collection, incl 28 ga and Woodside variations …

The Gold Label SxS I’m holding onto! (for now…)

JasonD67

Jan 23, 2021
    Annapolis
    I sent a brand new MK IV to them 3 weeks ago (on their dime) for terrible reliability issues. Haven't heard back from them yet. They could have built a new one from scratch in this time.

TheOriginalMexicanBob

Ultimate Member
    Jul 2, 2017
    Sun City West, AZ
    I've always heard such wonderful things about Ruger's customer service though I've no experience with them myself. In the recent past I've been hearing a few rumblings about their customer service falling short...don't know how prevalent it is. All it takes is one lazy, bad employee or some hard to please customers.

DutchV

Ultimate Member
    Jul 8, 2012
    I believe I heard that Ruger's policy is to send out whatever you need for free if it's under $20. Saves time and makes customers happy.

Neutron

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 20, 2014
    severna park
    I've had my LCP Max back to them three times for trigger bite issues. They have replaced the trigger twice and this last time with a new design trigger. Still bites. They test fire 30 rounds each time back with no reported issues. They've put more rounds through it than I have! I'm thinking it's my finger that is the problem. Ruger has paid shipping both ways all three times. Almost forgot, I broke that little plastic button at the bottom of the mag well and they sent me a free replacement.

RFBfromDE

W&C MD, UT, PA
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 21, 2022
    The Land of Pleasant Living
    I've had my LCP Max back to them three times for trigger bite issues. They have replaced the trigger twice and this last time with a new design trigger. Still bites. They test fire 30 rounds each time back with no reported issues. They've put more rounds through it than I have! I'm thinking it's my finger that is the problem. Ruger has paid shipping both ways all three times. Almost forgot, I broke that little plastic button at the bottom of the mag well and they sent me a free replacement.
    Yes.

Try replacing with an aftermarket flat or otherwise dongle free trigger.

The factory one works fine for my wife and me.

N3uka

Ultimate Member
    Aug 26, 2013
    College Park
    Sent Ruger a question about some parts for my rifle I was not able to source. Will see if they respond and assist?

N3uka

Ultimate Member
    Aug 26, 2013
    College Park
    Sent Ruger a question about some parts for my rifle I was not able to source. Will see if they respond and assist?
    Have to love their customer service. They emailed today that they are going to mail me the gas block screws I need.

DaveP

Jan 27, 2013
    St. Marys county
    Yup, have used them a few times over the decades, always top notch service.
    Recently called about a problem, lady said I could return the gun for repair, or they'd mail me the parts if I felt comfortable repairing it myself.
    Got the parts in a few days.

Tapper

MDS Supporter
    Feb 16, 2024
    Pasadena
    Ruger customer service has been outstanding! I lost a small part, my fault, on an LCP pistol and they replaced it for free. Most recently, the cheek pad tab on my LC Carbine broke off. Again, they replaced it for free. I guess this is one more reason I am such a dedicated Ruger fan.
    This is great to hear. I have an M85 that I just found out has a recall. The decocker can sometimes cause accidental discharge. Wtf.

Medusa Joe

Industry Partner
    May 28, 2020
    Hollywood, MD
    They were outstanding with occasional servicing on four of five shotguns … as soon as I heard they were going to titer off servicing shotguns I sold my Red Labels collection, incl 28 ga and Woodside variations …
    Why would Ruger do this and stop servicing the Red Label shotguns? what if its a safety issue and it injures someone? Doesn't seem like a good move on Ruger's part.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Mikeymike88

Latest threads

Top Bottom