• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 4g64loser

Bad influence
    Jan 18, 2007
    maryland
    Why would Ruger do this and stop servicing the Red Label shotguns? what if its a safety issue and it injures someone? Doesn't seem like a good move on Ruger's part.
    Same reason they refuse to service AC556s. They are out of parts and will not be making more. They declare the model obsolete. I know a few guys with AC556s that are kinda pissed.

slsc98

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    May 24, 2012
    Escaped MD-stan to WNC Smokies
    Why would Ruger do this and stop servicing the Red Label shotguns? what if its a safety issue and it injures someone? Doesn't seem like a good move on Ruger's part.

The woman with whom I spoke said that they no longer had many parts with which to service the guns and that once all parts were gone that’d really be the end of any services. That was in 2022 when I sent a Woodside and a 28ga back to them for factory inspection and service just prior to my selling them both.

This article speaks to the Decline in Production but, not the end of servicing specifically. There may be some repairs they will be able to make for a few more years but, I wasn’t willing to take the risks …

Production decline​

“By 2010, the Red Label’s sticker price had grown to $1,899, and production had dropped to only 1,323 guns. Although originally conceived as a quality affordable American made alternative to pricey hand-made European shotguns, competition from imported brands had increased substantially. Production of the Red Label was discontinued by Ruger in 2011.”

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Mikeymike88

Latest threads

Top Bottom