• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Bafflingbs

Gozer the Destroyer
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 16, 2013
    Calvert County
    Anyone have any input on this can? Silencer Shop has it with a free tax stamp, until the 30th. There’s really not a whole lot of info on it. Rugged is extremely vague on it, and mounting options. That stupid R.U.M. mount, is going to be worthless to me. I’ve got 3 lug attachments on my car9 and 300blk. My 5.56’s are set up for my Griffen Recce 5. Anyway, personal experience with this can, is preferable. Thanks

calicojack

American Sporting Rifle
    MDS Supporter
    May 29, 2018
    Cuba on the Chesapeake
    Is this for a 30 cal can? I think Rugged advertises this as a pistol and everything can. I have a Radiant that is a good 30 cal can and has a short version lighter than the micro model.

Bafflingbs

Gozer the Destroyer
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 16, 2013
    Calvert County
    This is supposedly a 9mm and down, everything can. Light weight (<10oz.) no barrel restrictions, belt fed capability, optional 30mm and 5.56 end caps, lifetime, no questions asked warranty. $830 with tax stamp included. As far as I can tell, it’s only downside, is it’s mounting hardware. They don’t explain the mounting options they have for it. My car9 and 300blk, have 3 lug attachments. My Obsidian 9, is restricted to subsonic 300 blackout, so I’ll probably mount this to it. But, it is reportedly, very capable for 5.56 and other very high pressure rounds. They’ve been said to be 130db’s for these popular rounds. I don’t think my dedicated 5.56 suppressor is even listed that low. Of course, I do realize, that all of these ratings are subjective. I guess I was just asking for creative mounting options, that would help. I did purchase this can, since this post. I really do like its versatility. And the more I begin to understand its mounting options, the more I see that other manufacturers have adapters that will work. It does have the universal 1-3/8”-24, like YHM or ECCO Machine. I’m learning :innocent0:toothless
    IMG_3446.jpeg

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    This is supposedly a 9mm and down, everything can. Light weight (<10oz.) no barrel restrictions, belt fed capability, optional 30mm and 5.56 end caps, lifetime, no questions asked warranty. $830 with tax stamp included. As far as I can tell, it’s only downside, is it’s mounting hardware. They don’t explain the mounting options they have for it. My car9 and 300blk, have 3 lug attachments. My Obsidian 9, is restricted to subsonic 300 blackout, so I’ll probably mount this to it. But, it is reportedly, very capable for 5.56 and other very high pressure rounds. They’ve been said to be 130db’s for these popular rounds. I don’t think my dedicated 5.56 suppressor is even listed that low. Of course, I do realize, that all of these ratings are subjective. I guess I was just asking for creative mounting options, that would help. I did purchase this can, since this post. I really do like its versatility. And the more I begin to understand its mounting options, the more I see that other manufacturers have adapters that will work. It does have the universal 1-3/8”-24, like YHM or ECCO Machine. I’m learning :innocent0:toothless
    View attachment 440637
    Be careful with dB ratings. There is a lot of fuckery.

That said, I’ve read good reviews of this can.

Bafflingbs

Gozer the Destroyer
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 16, 2013
    Calvert County
    Be careful with dB ratings. There is a lot of fuckery.

That said, I’ve read good reviews of this can.
    Thanks Doc! I definitely realize the “fuckery” I don’t think this rating actually came from Rugged, so there is a little optimism there. I think it actually came from silencer Central, whom usually push their Bannish crap

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    Thanks Doc! I definitely realize the “fuckery” I don’t think this rating actually came from Rugged, so there is a little optimism there. I think it actually came from silencer Central, whom usually push their Bannish crap
    Ah, good.

I like seeing the ratings “at the ear” since that is really what matters to most shooters.

AlBeight

MDS Supporter
    Mar 30, 2017
    Hampstead
    View attachment 440637
    Interesting that 338 Lapua is quieter than 6.5 Creedmore.

smdub

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 14, 2012
    MoCo
    Numbers are mostly worthless w/o data of the guns they are testing with. There is a *BIG* difference between 5.56 in a SBR or a 20" barrel length.

That said, The PEW Science data where they do provide that info and do testing on identical firearms so the numbers are truly apples-apples. The Rugged stuff tends to do very well on bolt actions and fairly poorly on semi-autos w/ supersonic. Looks like they typ use high backpressure, tight fitting, baffle stacks. That would suppress subsonic very effectively.

Bafflingbs

Gozer the Destroyer
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 16, 2013
    Calvert County
    Interesting that 338 Lapua is quieter than 6.5 Creedmore.
    Agreed, but, as smdub is pointing out, I’ll bet the Creedmoor was a semi-auto.
    Numbers are mostly worthless w/o data of the guns they are testing with. There is a *BIG* difference between 5.56 in a SBR or a 20" barrel length.

That said, The PEW Science data where they do provide that info and do testing on identical firearms so the numbers are truly apples-apples. The Rugged stuff tends to do very well on bolt actions and fairly poorly on semi-autos w/ supersonic. Looks like they typ use high backpressure, tight fitting, baffle stacks. That would suppress subsonic very effectively.
    I agree with you. Definitely going to go with a bolt gun next. Although, I have set my ar style rifles up with adjustable gas blocks and Raptor SD vented charging handles.

calicojack

American Sporting Rifle
    MDS Supporter
    May 29, 2018
    Cuba on the Chesapeake
    OP what exactly do you want/need? Do you want light weight? Good suppression? Compact? Larger than 30 cal? One thing that stands out in the 360 line is the titanium model because it is stupid light weight. I would lean towards that one. It weighs in like a rimfire can.

Growler215

Ultimate Member
    Dec 30, 2020
    SOMD
    Thinking of getting the Rugged Obsidian 9. It specifically lists being compatible with 9x39 (which uses a .366" diameter bullet), which is one of the calibers I need a suppressor for. I couldn't find anything on the Alaskan 360 saying it can be used for this cartridge.

Bafflingbs

Gozer the Destroyer
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 16, 2013
    Calvert County
    OP what exactly do you want/need? Do you want light weight? Good suppression? Compact? Larger than 30 cal? One thing that stands out in the 360 line is the titanium model because it is stupid light weight. I would lean towards that one. It weighs in like a rimfire can.
    $830 (11.8oz) vs. $1,399 6.6oz) for 5.2oz? Sure, if money were no object. This offers very good (advertised) suppression for everything I possess.
    Thinking of getting the Rugged Obsidian 9. It specifically lists being compatible with 9x39 (which uses a .366" diameter bullet), which is one of the calibers I need a suppressor for. I couldn't find anything on the Alaskan 360 saying it can be used for this cartridge.
    Can’t help you there. I already have the Obsidian 9. Had I seen this can, I would’ve bought it instead of the Obsidian.

calicojack

American Sporting Rifle
    MDS Supporter
    May 29, 2018
    Cuba on the Chesapeake
    $830 (11.8oz) vs. $1,399 6.6oz) for 5.2oz? Sure, if money were no object. This offers very good (advertised) suppression for everything I possess.

Can’t help you there. I already have the Obsidian 9. Had I seen this can, I would’ve bought it instead of the Obsidian.
    Ok - well then why not get a Rugger Razor 762 ($650)? Free tax stamp for that as well.

Also - that Ti can is HALF the weight of the other. That is a big deal.

Bafflingbs

Gozer the Destroyer
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 16, 2013
    Calvert County
    Ugh - you have to pay an additional $249 for the mount if want to us the 360 on an existing taper mount.
    Hence my original question. The Yankee Hill 3 lug adapter is $120, and will, most likely work with my existing Rugged 3 lug devices. I also have a $100 credit, through Silencer Shop, via the purchase of my D/A Mask. I’m also a tier 2 Paragon member with Rugged, so I get 30% off of everything at Rugged. The R.U.M., as I understand, is basically a ratcheting adapter for certain Rugged muzzle devices, and it’s included with the suppressor

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Nelsonbencasey

Latest threads

Top Bottom