• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • calicojack

American Sporting Rifle
    MDS Supporter
    May 29, 2018
    Cuba on the Chesapeake
    Hence my original question. The Yankee Hill 3 lug adapter is $120, and will, most likely work with my existing Rugged 3 lug devices. I also have a $100 credit, through Silencer Shop, via the purchase of my D/A Mask. I’m also a tier 2 Paragon member with Rugged, so I get 30% off of everything at Rugged. The R.U.M., as I understand, is basically a ratcheting adapter for certain Rugged muzzle devices, and it’s included with the suppressor
    So like you alluded to in another post; the regular 360 comes with the RUM, the Ti model does not.

gwchem

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 18, 2014
    SoMD
    I just ordered one. Was thinking of a hybrid 36M, but this was too tempting.

Will primarily be used on a .308 and my .350 legend.

RRomig

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 30, 2021
    Burtonsville MD
    Anyone have any input on this can? Silencer Shop has it with a free tax stamp, until the 30th. There’s really not a whole lot of info on it. Rugged is extremely vague on it, and mounting options. That stupid R.U.M. mount, is going to be worthless to me. I’ve got 3 lug attachments on my car9 and 300blk. My 5.56’s are set up for my Griffen Recce 5. Anyway, personal experience with this can, is preferable. Thanks
    Info on mounting can be tough at times so I just call SS and their customer service is very good.

Bafflingbs

Gozer the Destroyer
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 16, 2013
    Calvert County
    Info on mounting can be tough at times so I just call SS and their customer service is very good.
    I called Rugged, but even they didn’t really explain. They just said that to use my 3 lug attachments, I’d have to buy their universal basket. But, that only works with pistols, pretty much. I’ve spent enough on their adapters. I’ll just get that YHM adapter I spoke of. As far as I’m concerned, my Obsidian 9 will be primarily for those, unless there’s a huge sound difference. I really like being able to run supers with my 300blk. Right now, I can only run subs. with the Obsidian. Rugged did say, that I wasn’t the only one confused about the Alaskan. I said their vagueness is the probable reason why it hasn’t really gotten any attention. This wasn’t the first time that it was on sale. Their lack of including a muzzle device doesn’t help either. They said to be on the lookout for a video, explaining attachment methods, soon to be released

Bafflingbs

Gozer the Destroyer
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 16, 2013
    Calvert County
    Ok, I just found the answer to one of my biggest questions. Why don’t they make a 3 lug adapter for this thing? As per SilencerCo’s video. I guess I’ll be getting a duel locking muzzle break, for my 300blk and other center fire rifles:

Bafflingbs

Gozer the Destroyer
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 16, 2013
    Calvert County
    I refuse to pay the federal government that already buttfux me on taxes to protect my own ears so I've nothing of value to add.
    Serious question then, Jim; Why are you even reading this thread then? I mean, are you just commenting to rant? Is the tax complete b.s? Sure is! We get butt raped every day. There’s a tax for dying, for god sakes. If you don’t want a suppressor, then change your screen name to jimgoesboomboom

calicojack

American Sporting Rifle
    MDS Supporter
    May 29, 2018
    Cuba on the Chesapeake
    Ok, I just found the answer to one of my biggest questions. Why don’t they make a 3 lug adapter for this thing? As per SilencerCo’s video. I guess I’ll be getting a duel locking muzzle break, for my 300blk and other center fire rifles:

Thanks for that post - VERY informative. I have a three lug 45 ACP mount on this rig (below) and I do see more of a spread compared to my other 45 ACP PCC. It is very quite subsonic ammo. Or maybe because it has other accuracy issues. I'll just blame it on the three lug. :)

sbr-45-aeroprecision.jpeg

Bafflingbs

Gozer the Destroyer
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 16, 2013
    Calvert County
    Thanks for that post - VERY informative. I have a three lug 45 ACP mount on this rig (below) and I do see more of a spread compared to my other 45 ACP PCC. It is very quite subsonic ammo. Or maybe because it has other accuracy issues. I'll just blame it on the three lug. :)

View attachment 440920
    Thanks! I tend to go off the deep end, when I’m interested in something. I’m kind of a pit bull like that. I will say this, if you own a Rugged suppressor, and you’re a veteran or a first responder, you really should register it with them. Doing so, gets you 30% of everything they sell.

calicojack

American Sporting Rifle
    MDS Supporter
    May 29, 2018
    Cuba on the Chesapeake
    Thanks! I tend to go off the deep end, when I’m interested in something. I’m kind of a pit bull like that. I will say this, if you own a Rugged suppressor, and you’re a veteran or a first responder, you really should register it with them. Doing so, gets you 30% of everything they sell.
    What?! Shoot. I already bought three cans from them :(

Jimgoespewpew

Ultimate Member
    Mar 6, 2021
    Terlingua
    Serious question then, Jim; Why are you even reading this thread then? I mean, are you just commenting to rant? Is the tax complete b.s? Sure is! We get butt raped every day. There’s a tax for dying, for god sakes. If you don’t want a suppressor, then change your screen name to jimgoesboomboom
    I was saying something without saying it. You're intelligent. You'll figure it out.

Bafflingbs

Gozer the Destroyer
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 16, 2013
    Calvert County
    I’ve been doing a lot of research on the mounting options for the Alaskan, and have come to understand them. I did a YouTube video, trying to explain what I’ve found. It’s really not as difficult as we think. Here goes, and please be gentle:

sino26

Mar 5, 2013
    Columbia
    Thanks for the video. I need to order mounts and the pistol cage while I wait for my 360 to come in. This helped narrow down what I need.

Bafflingbs

Gozer the Destroyer
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 16, 2013
    Calvert County
    FYI: Rugged finally put their own YouTube video out, explaining mounting options for the Alaskan R.U.M. I like mine better:rasp:
    “If you ain’t first, you’re last”!! Lol

Bafflingbs

Gozer the Destroyer
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 16, 2013
    Calvert County
    Only took 127 days, but now I have the Alaskan 360! Got approved yesterday! I am perplexed though. I haven’t shot it yet, but I can’t see this thing being all that. It only has 4 baffles!!!????? WTF Rugged? Sure, it looks fantastic, as usual with Rugged’s cans. It’s also very light. But seriously, why only 4?
    No wounded it flows fairly well…. Anyway, enough with the rant. Here it is, sitting on my 300 blackout upper:
    IMG_3882.jpeg

calicojack

American Sporting Rifle
    MDS Supporter
    May 29, 2018
    Cuba on the Chesapeake
    Only took 127 days, but now I have the Alaskan 360! Got approved yesterday! I am perplexed though. I haven’t shot it yet, but I can’t see this thing being all that. It only has 4 baffles!!!????? WTF Rugged? Sure, it looks fantastic, as usual with Rugged’s cans. It’s also very light. But seriously, why only 4?
    No wounded it flows fairly well…. Anyway, enough with the rant. Here it is, sitting on my 300 blackout upper:
    View attachment 464438
    Rifle cans have fewer baffles than the pistol cans, comparing my Obsidian to my Radiant. Not sure why.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Nelsonbencasey

Latest threads

Top Bottom