• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • seawolf823

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    Dec 18, 2011
    Timonium
    does anyone know of a good police trade in place near white marsh? shooters discount sounds great but is bit far from me.

Kimber45

Jan 14, 2011
    Whiteford
    I have a S&W Sigma .40 I’d be willing to part with. We can meet a Freestate so you can shoot it and see if you like it. I only put a few hundred rounds through it. I’m not a fan of the trigger but it eats everything I put through with no FTF’s or FTE’s

Dialtone

"Assimilate THIS...."
    Mar 5, 2012
    PG County
    If you want the S&W get the M&P 40 it's a vast improvment over the Sigma. Lighter triger pull and just as reliable.

Dialtone

"Assimilate THIS...."
    Mar 5, 2012
    PG County
    by the way the Sigma is a copy of the Glock such a good copy that glock sued S&W and won. Some changes were made to the design which is why the trigger pull is so heavy.
    I did a lot of reading on it as it was one I was considering for my first handgun. There's plenty of info on the net about it. Google is your friend.

HT4

Dum spiro spero.
    Jan 24, 2012
    Bethesda
    I had one.

And GAVE IT AWAY.

Literally, no joke.

Never again.

That's funny. My Dad did the exact same thing... he gave his away.

EDIT - I should clarify that he had one of the early Sigmas. Frankly, the new ones are much better.

Last edited:

MDMOUNTAINEER

Glock, AR, Savage Junkie
    Mar 4, 2009
    West Virginia
    by the way the Sigma is a copy of the Glock such a good copy that glock sued S&W and won. Some changes were made to the design which is why the trigger pull is so heavy.
    I did a lot of reading on it as it was one I was considering for my first handgun. There's plenty of info on the net about it. Google is your friend.

Similar engineering was used, but the quality of materials suffered. The same gun they are not. The metallurgy is sub-glock, the polymer is sub-glock, and the trigger is terrifying.

possumman

Ultimate Member
    Jan 13, 2011
    Pikesville Md
    I have one of those Sigma .40s- it was a police trade in from some University PD, and it runs like a top -and the trigger is really not that bad-I think I paid $249 for it many years ago. It looked brand new when I got it.

WSM

Rugeritis
    Oct 8, 2009
    Lancaster, PA
    p2dJvIzeq8CnAQiMyexmXm0ReskweHITnm8NZeHzSnmVd7mw6hoe_WpXKDJ1cMiVPRLKpWm9ALQvNRbWqP4eThHt6KR9drWlwer1ty11aKGnmAoWeSXxXN84-YhM66pXaNcfEjM4wGwler1_WhAsUVJeMqPTx7rq2A79r1aluq8

/thread

MDMOUNTAINEER

Glock, AR, Savage Junkie
    Mar 4, 2009
    West Virginia

I thought you sold your SR9?

tdt91

I will miss you my friend
    Apr 24, 2009
    Abingdon
    Sigma's are great, reliable guns with a heavy trigger. You should be able to find then used for under 300.

BradMacc82

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Aug 17, 2011
    Think I'm just gonna steer clear and go with a M&P

Good decision. :thumbsup:

And I fixed that for you. ;)

I respect Glock's, first polymer handgun I ever shot - and accurately at that, but I prefer the M&P myself.

Glocks are like asses, everyone seems to have one - that's why I chose the M&P. :lol2:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Jtlambo

Latest threads

Top Bottom