• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 04RWon

Ultimate Member
    Feb 13, 2010
    Orlando, FL
    Good decision. :thumbsup:

And I fixed that for you. ;)

I respect Glock's, first polymer handgun I ever shot - and accurately at that, but I prefer the M&P myself.

Glocks are like asses, everyone seems to have one - that's why I chose the M&P. :lol2:

Dont listen to the piston puffer :D

Theres a reason everyones got Glocks....

zoostation

, ,
    Jan 28, 2007
    Abingdon
    Sigma is a good basic handgun with a Glock "inspired" action. So inspired in fact, that Smith ended up having to pay Glock royalties on Sigma sales after a lawsuit. But a solid basic gun. I think they're just cheap mainly because they're kind of a plain Jane to many people.

I'd spend a little more for a Glock or an M&P too, but that's just me. Any of the three are fine and will serve you well IMHO.

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    The current Smegmas will indeed go bang every time. The ergonomics are distinctive , you may like the grip shape. The trigger sucks. The trigger can be improved. Frequent mention is made of the parts from Apex Tactical , most people who use them report improvement , and usually consider result to be reasonably acceptable.

BUT , by the time you do that you are exceeding the LE/ Mil/ Security Program price for a (much superior) M&P in 9mm or .40. .

BradMacc82

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Aug 17, 2011
    Dont listen to the piston puffer :D

Theres a reason everyones got Glocks....

Piston Puffer ehh??? :war:

There is indeed a reason why everyone has Glock's, the same reason people buy piston guns - propaganda/good advertising. :lol2:

Again, not knocking Glock - they are great, reliable, dependable guns. I personally just don't care for the looks and that 'third member' trigger they have. :lol2:

04RWon

Ultimate Member
    Feb 13, 2010
    Orlando, FL
    Piston Puffer ehh??? :war:

There is indeed a reason why everyone has Glock's, the same reason people buy piston guns - propaganda/good advertising. :lol2:

Again, not knocking Glock - they are great, reliable, dependable guns. I personally just don't care for the looks and that 'third member' trigger they have. :lol2:

:D its all fun and games.

Like Fivepoint said, he trusts his life to his glock 22. I know ALOT of other cops who carry sigs as their duty weapon but when off duty and they have a choice...its a glock. Hell i even saw one AA Co cop in severn walmart, we were both getting ammo lol, he had a glock on his side. I asked him when AA switched. He said he was on a detail that night, i think at a resturaunt. He had a choice, he grabbed a glock. My uncle trusts his department to a glock 22, i trust my uncles judgement as well.

Gundahar

Sep 4, 2011
    Given that the OP is on a tight enough budget to be thinking about a Sigma, one of the few guns openly acknowledged to suck, its pretty obvious that he'd be better off with Ruger's glock-alike, the SR series.

I have one, they are surprisingly good.

If you can afford more, then the conversation becomes different. But if you looking at Sigma versus SR9, well then there is just no competition. That, or try to find a used *something else* and be patient with it.

I have no complaints with the SR that I own, and although I certainly don't consider it a hot-shot pistol, it most certainly is a reliable, functionally accurate gun at a very low price for what it is.

Gundahar

clandestine

AR-15 Savant
    Oct 13, 2008
    Elkton, MD
    reliable gun for the the most part. TRIGGERS SUCK and cant really be improved without sacraficing reliability. The newer variants are a little more refined.

Sigmas tend to break strikers and FCG parts ALOT as well.

I would never own one. Save for an M&P9, Glock 17/19, PPQ 9mm, or a FNP/FNX9

BradMacc82

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Aug 17, 2011
    04RWon - I know it's all fun and games, I'd expect nothing else from certain people around here... :innocent0

To be honest though, the M&P is gaining ground on Glock on department usage - don't get me wrong, the Glock still (deservedly) has the lion's share of that market, but their lock on the LEO market is starting come down some.

PG went to the M&P, I know there's a few other departments around the US that have switched also, some were even man enough to dump the .40 short & wimpy and man up to .45ACP - somewhere out west, exactly who escapes me at the moment, my google-fu is very weak today.

OP - I'd listen to our resident 'Gunsmith Extraordinaire', we all have our own preferences, but he'll give you a recommendation based off of what he's learned thru working on the damned things. :thumbsup:

(BTW - He ONLY recommends MilTec and .40S&W, thinks they're the 2 greatest inventions of all time. :D)

clandestine

AR-15 Savant
    Oct 13, 2008
    Elkton, MD
    OP - I'd listen to our resident 'Gunsmith Extraordinaire', BTW - He ONLY recommends MilTec and .40S&W, thinks they're the 2 greatest inventions of all time. :D

When your Piston blows out of your AR and imbeds into your forehead Ill be there.

Ill call you the Bradicorn.

BradMacc82

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Aug 17, 2011
    When your Piston blows out of your AR and imbeds into your forehead Ill be there.

Ill call you the Bradicorn.

:lol: :lol2:

Holy hell, that's funny right there, I think I'll have to use that. :D

So far I haven't been able to break it, if someone would be willing to throw a can on it, I'd be curious to see if that does the trick though... :innocent0

sficksr

Feb 6, 2012
    harford co
    I'll probably get some crap for this but I think some are going about this all wrong its a inexpensive pistol well worth every penny in my opinion. Yes it has a heavy trigger pull, its a safety feature so they say. For plinking even home defense I don't see where you'd be going wrong buying this pistol. Paying another $300 for a glock because of a heavy yet manageable trigger would be crazy unless you have the money to put out like that but once again just my opinion.

clandestine

AR-15 Savant
    Oct 13, 2008
    Elkton, MD
    :lol: :lol2:

Holy hell, that's funny right there, I think I'll have to use that. :D

So far I haven't been able to break it, if someone would be willing to throw a can on it, I'd be curious to see if that does the trick though... :innocent0

:D

Ill let you put my can on your Gas Piston. Increasing the odds of killing that hildabeast is worth the risk. ;):innocent0

BradMacc82

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Aug 17, 2011
    :D

Ill let you put my can on your Gas Piston. Increasing the odds of killing that hildabeast is worth the risk. ;):innocent0

Deal, I've always wanted to what type of carnage would ensue if it went suppressed. :D

Lifetime warranty doesn't hurt either, if it does blow it up, maybe I can get them to issue me a D.I. upper in exchange, then maybe the universe will start to right itself... :lol2:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    jlng1984

Latest threads

Top Bottom