SB1 - Injunctive relief is provided for private property, locations that sell alcohol, and public demonstrations.

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Deep Lurker

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Mar 22, 2019
    I was able to go to two Man-Up Mondays in Annapolis during the last legislative session. I got to see in person the level of contempt that our "representatives" have for us. Many others here are way more involved than I am and have been disrespected, lied to, and kicked out of hearings for years. They've more than earned the right to offer up a bag or two of dicks.

Thank you Brute, and to everyone who made it to Annapolis last session, keeping the political pressure on the MGA both inside and outside the Statehouse, and livestreaming our anti-SB1 and pro-2A messages to the far corners of Maryland and the nation:

IMG_0017.jpeg

IMG_5324.jpeg

IMG_9756.jpeg

IMG_0066.jpeg

IMG_0056.jpeg

IMG_0101.jpeg

IMG_5104.jpeg

IMG_0085.jpeg

IMG_5227.jpeg

IMG_0042.jpeg

Deep Lurker

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Mar 22, 2019
    The benefit of being so visible in public is that our messages and the Patriots holding signs also headline and illustrate some news articles, exactly what we intend.

From today’s news: a comprehensive article about the preliminary injunction with interviews with MGA legislators, including a key Democrat, who voted against SB-1.

Worth the read just for that. (The screen cap of the text below is just the opening section. The article also reveals WaldstreiKKKer the lawyer won’t answer legal questions about his own bill.)

(Oddly, this particular article refers only to the Kipke lawsuit, and makes no mention of MSI’s litigation; fortunately MSI is credited in many news accounts elsewhere and on YouTube.)

IMG_6250.jpeg
    IMG_6251.jpeg

Last edited:

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    The benefit of being so visible in public is that our messages and the Patriots holding signs also headline and illustrate some news articles, exactly what we intend.

From today’s news: a comprehensive article about the preliminary injunction with interviews with MGA legislators, including a key Democrat, who voted against SB-1.

Worth the read just for that.

(Oddly, this particular article refers only to the Kipke lawsuit, and makes no mention of MSI’s litigation; fortunately MSI is credited in many news accounts elsewhere and on YouTube.)

View attachment 433428 View attachment 433429
    The Capital News Service is a little disingenuous…I believe “no firearms” signs do now carry force of law. If such a sign is prominently posted, it’s a no go.

EDIT: It appears the house removed this provision, so ignore the above ranting.

Last edited:

clandestine

AR-15 Savant
    Oct 13, 2008
    Elkton, MD
    Maybe instead of all the "eat a bag of dicks" pats on the back we are giving ourselves it would be more appropriate to take an opportunity to reach out to those who don't agree with us. Might be a chance to convert some to our cause instead of looking like a bunch of a??holes celebrating a small battle as if they won the war.
    Sounds like talk from someone who voted for the politicians who passed SB1

INMY01TA

Ultimate Member
    Dec 29, 2008
    The Capital News Service is a little disingenuous…I believe “no firearms” signs do now carry force of law. If such a sign is prominently posted, it’s a no go.
    I thought the opposite was said here.

Mark75H

MD Wear&Carry Instructor
    Industry Partner
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 25, 2011
    Outside the Gates
    Wasn't there something about carrying in vehicles with a permit? Having to keep them locked up during transport? Is that still on the table?

Sent from my SM-S918U using Tapatalk
    No, not permit holders, it is new for nonPermit holders. Previous law for nonPermit holders was "enclosed holster" or case, nothing about "locked case"

The anti 2A house of cards is falling…..
    They will continue to pass "creative" legislation to circumvent the supreme Court until one of two things happen

The court slaps them down or

The political leanings of the court shifts. This is what they're counting on.

I predict the next time the political influence of the court shifts you're going to see the second amendment struck down as military and law enforcement only.

Then what?

AKbythebay

Ultimate Member
    I'm still struggling to understand the Oct 1 status of "No Guns Allowed" signs at public retail establishments. Would hypothetically violating a no gun sign subject one to criminal prosecution and/or loss of permit under SB1? Or would it simply be a situation where if you are asked to leave and do not, it's a trespassing complaint?

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    01OCT is here.... What is the current state?
    You are a day early and short on something.

If you read the last 2 pages…you should be all caught up.
    I'm still struggling to understand the Oct 1 status of "No Guns Allowed" signs at public retail establishments. Would hypothetically violating a no gun sign subject one to criminal prosecution and/or loss of permit under SB1? Or would it simply be a situation where if you are asked to leave and do not, it's a trespassing complaint?
    No. Apparently the house took the criminal provision out. Business as usual.

AKbythebay

Ultimate Member
    No. Apparently the house took the criminal provision out. Business as usual.

Thank you, good to hear.

The sign thing is sort of ridiculous anyway since you may simply have just not seen the sign. Also, to me, it's like public accommodation laws. Can businesses decide which parts of the constitution to abide by and which parts go ignore? With guns they can. Sure strikes me as similar to "No blacks" signs in the 50s and 60s.

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    Thank you, good to hear.

The sign thing is sort of ridiculous anyway since you may simply have just not seen the sign. Also, to me, it's like public accommodation laws. Can businesses decide which parts of the constitution to abide by and which parts go ignore? With guns they can. Sure strikes me as similar to "No blacks" signs in the 50s and 60s.
    Exactly.

Tarponbeach

MDS Supporter
    Jun 28, 2023
    Towson, Maryland
    The little Senator from Montgomery County would do well to consult a few Constitutional Law Professors before he "Tinkers" with more proposed Gun Control Legislation.

Allen65

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 29, 2013
    Anne Arundel County
    The little Senator from Montgomery County would do well to consult a few Constitutional Law Professors before he "Tinkers" with more proposed Gun Control Legislation.
    That presumes there are consequences for getting legislation wrong. There aren't, so there's no nominal cost to his career to continue throwing anything and everything at the wall to see what sticks.

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    Thank you, good to hear.

The 2A prevents Govt. Infringement. Private business can do as they please

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    cfreeman818

Latest threads

Top Bottom