SB1 - Injunctive relief is provided for private property, locations that sell alcohol, and public demonstrations.

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    My wife and I, and the only MoCo friends we care about all have permits and are fairly encyclopedic on all of this. But we are a small pod indeed.

Largely self selecting sample .

And even if someone had a wider circle of aquaintce in MoCo , many people would justifiably think it wisest to not bring up packing heat to random MoCo denizens without already knowing they're gun friendly .

Stoveman

TV Personality
    Patriot Picket
    Sep 2, 2013
    Cuba on the Chesapeake
    Yes, churches and funeral homes are ok outside of Montgomery County (county ordinance 21-22e).

If in MoCo most of the county (including churches and 100yds around them) is off-limits for carry due to the ordinance that the judge in that case wrongly failed to enjoin. But there have been unverified reports that police haven't been given guidance on actually applying the county ordinance and indication that the county perhaps doesn't want to actually enforce it until after the court case is done in an attempt to keep us from having standing to sue. Do with that information what you will.
    Meh, maybe I've joined the get off my lawn club but I give zero fvchs regarding MoCo's unconstitutional infringement of our rights. I don't live there (thank God) but have not changed the manner and place that I carry in MoCo when I am working or travelling through there.

fishcrow

May 7, 2013

"Waldstreicher’s bill was written to fit the restraints outlined in the Bruen decision and is a part of Gov. Wes Moore’s “all-of-the-above” approach to public safety, he said.

“The Supreme Court’s decision in Bruen really weakened what was a strong concealed-carry permitting law in Maryland,” said Ellen Ginsberg, a volunteer state legislative lead for the Moms Demand Action Maryland. “This is a really important step to make sure that Marylanders and families in Maryland have places where they can meet and gather without the risk of a firearm changing their lives forever.”

But does not a damn thing about those who won't obey laws. I keep wondering how stupid these people are, then go back to Einstein and his comment about the universe and the stupidity of humans.

clandestine

AR-15 Savant
    Oct 13, 2008
    Elkton, MD

"Waldstreicher’s bill was written to fit the restraints outlined in the Bruen decision and is a part of Gov. Wes Moore’s “all-of-the-above” approach to public safety, he said.

“The Supreme Court’s decision in Bruen really weakened what was a strong concealed-carry permitting law in Maryland,” said Ellen Ginsberg, a volunteer state legislative lead for the Moms Demand Action Maryland. “This is a really important step to make sure that Marylanders and families in Maryland have places where they can meet and gather without the risk of a firearm changing their lives forever.”

But does not a damn thing about those who won't obey laws. I keep wondering how stupid these people are, then go back to Einstein and his comment about the universe and the stupidity of humans.
    They don't hate guns. They hate us having guns. They hate us not needing the state to keep us safe. They hate us using a gun against a criminal.

They are fine with criminals having illegal guns, and criminals being set free after being arrested with illegal guns.

Art3

Eqinsu Ocha
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 30, 2015
    Harford County
    They don't hate guns. They hate us having guns. They hate us not needing the state to keep us safe. They hate us using a gun against a criminal.

They are fine with criminals having illegal guns, and criminals being set free after being arrested with illegal guns.
    Yes.

Deep Lurker

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Mar 22, 2019
    CMC
    EBMD
    WWNC

G-d bless Rack&Roll

This. And may G-d bless you.

We stand on the shoulders of those who have gone before us.

IMG_7743.jpeg

dblas

Past President, MSI
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 6, 2011
    if a company has signs that say no carry allowed is that law or did this knock that down as well

great news and thanks MSI
    Signs that say "no carry" have never carried any force of law, and continue to do so, since SB1 did not require "no carry allowed" signs to be posted.

dblas

Past President, MSI
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 6, 2011
    Wasn't there something about carrying in vehicles with a permit? Having to keep them locked up during transport? Is that still on the table?

Sent from my SM-S918U using Tapatalk
    If you have a permit, you can still carry in your vehicle without issue.

dblas

Past President, MSI
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 6, 2011
    Even IF the Court slaps them.down, the Court will go hard left at some not too distant point, and then...
    A case needs to work it's way to them for them to hear. They can't just change previous jurisprudence without a case, and a lot of people seem to think that is what will happen.
    We happened to have the perfect storm of cases, timing and SCOTUS make-up this last year.

dblas

Past President, MSI
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 6, 2011
    Funny you say that. I went to the grocery store late afternoon and I felt all covert and secret-squirrel doing so. I totally forgot until I left the store to check the front door. Nothing banning it posted, at least not yet.
    SB1 does NOT require a sign banning it.

SB1 requires a sign PERMITTING carry in the store.

People really need to pay attention to the 100+ threads on the subject.

DaveP

Jan 27, 2013
    St. Marys county
    A case needs to work it's way to them for them to hear. They can't just change previous jurisprudence without a case, and a lot of people seem to think that is what will happen.
    We happened to have the perfect storm of cases, timing and SCOTUS make-up this last year.

LOL, lots of stuff is happening that isn't supposed to.

Who was named special counsel in the current Hunter Biden " investigation"?

Yup, same clown responsible for the sweetheart deal another judge tossed.

And, hmmmm, what is his current position???

Sorta goes against this, dontchathink???

Attachments

• Screenshot_20231009_114157_Chrome.jpg
      Screenshot_20231009_114157_Chrome.jpg
      154 KB · Views: 70

dblas

Past President, MSI
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 6, 2011
    Careful on the B-W Parkway or any parkway, thats federal property, friend of mine stopped for an accident on B-W and when the US Park Police showed up he told him he had a carry permit and was armed.... the officer told him you know your on federal property right and are not suppose to be armed, then the officer said thanks for letting me know and went on about his business. my friend said he got the hell outta there
    BW Parkway is Federal Park land and perfectly legal to carry on and through with a MD (or any other state) carry permit, per federal law.

dblas

Past President, MSI
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 6, 2011
    LOL, lots of stuff is happening that isn't supposed to.

Who was named special counsel in the current Hunter Biden " investigation"?

Yup, same clown responsible for the sweetheart deal another judge tossed.

And, hmmmm, what is his current position???

Sorta goes against this, dontchathink???
    An apples and oranges comparrison.

Show me one case where the new make up of SCOTUS instantainiously changed jurisprudence without a case in front of them.

Abortion? Nope, Case in front of them
    Equal Opportunity Laws for Colleges? Nope, case in front of them.
    Carry outside the home? Nope, case in front of them.
    Did I miss something somewhere, that SCOTUS made a 1880 change without a case that I am unaware of?

dblas

Past President, MSI
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 6, 2011
    Technically there are no National Parks in Maryland. However there are 23 National Park Service sites (like Assateague National Seashore, Antietam National Battlefield Appalachian Trail, etc) and the Gladys Noon Spellman Parkway.
    Greenbelt is a National Park.

DaveP

Jan 27, 2013
    St. Marys county
    An apples and oranges comparrison.

Show me one case where the new make up of SCOTUS instantainiously changed jurisprudence without a case in front of them.

Abortion? Nope, Case in front of them
    Equal Opportunity Laws for Colleges? Nope, case in front of them.
    Carry outside the home? Nope, case in front of them.
    Did I miss something somewhere, that SCOTUS made a 1880 change without a case that I am unaware of?

To my eye, we appear to be entering uncharted waters, politically, so looking for past precedent may not be as enlightening as it once was.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Ramseye

Latest threads

Top Bottom