SB387 "Public Safety - Untraceable Firearms" - The Ban on Private Firearm Making

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ironpony

MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2013
    Davidsonville
    The legislature has since the FSA2013 tried to:
    -Criminalize the possession of magazines over 10rds
    -Criminalize the possession of HBAR rifles
    -Criminalize the possession of .300 BLK AR15s
    - Require a Long Gun Qualification License for acquiring long guns

They did manage to criminalize the possession of “rapid fire trigger activators” and the private transfers of long guns.

I was not thinking of new legislation rather attempt to say Old legislation means this now. Maybe it was something about colt manufactured firearms or HQL needed for a lower. Sorry but for some reason I thought there was something changed after the fact.

whistlersmother

Peace through strength
    Jan 29, 2013
    Fulton, MD
    What will be the ATF rules on serializing all parts required for shooting?

If ATF rules now require uppers to be serialized and this bill criminalizes possession of anything without serial number that ATF requires, that would mean every EXISTING upper must be serialized before 1/1/23?

Further, if the ATF rule requires bolts and bolt carrier groups to be serialized, then those existing will have to serialized for legal possession in MD?

Same question about any pistols - if the slide and barrel will require serial numbers by the ATF, then those existing will need to be serialized for legal possession in MD?

Or do we need to get from the ATF what part is "overriding" and serialized only that thing?

Collector98

Jan 18, 2015

If ATF rules now require uppers to be serialized and this bill criminalizes possession of anything without serial number that ATF requires, that would mean every EXISTING upper must be serialized before 1/1/23?

Further, if the ATF rule requires bolts and bolt carrier groups to be serialized, then those existing will have to serialized for legal possession in MD?

Same question about any pistols - if the slide and barrel will require serial numbers by the ATF, then those existing will need to be serialized for legal possession in MD?

Or do we need to get from the ATF what part is "overriding" and serialized only that thing?

I believe if that were to go through, guns with an already designated serialized component such as an ar lower would be treated the same as they currently are. That's what I've hear at least

DC-W

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    ️‍
    The federal rule doesn’t affect current possession of 80% receivers, but it would effect their distribution and pretty much kill the market for them.

DC-W

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    ️‍
    The federal rule doesn’t affect current possession of 80% receivers by individuals, but it would effect their distribution and pretty much kill the market for them.

As posted before, it does interfere with the mainstream industry, however.

Doobie

Ultimate Member
    Jan 23, 2013
    Earth
    Many of you are looking at it wrong. Liberal Maryland politicians are NOT looking to REDUCE crime, they are looking to INCREASE crime. If it were not so, they wouldn't be putting forth bull shit laws that make law abiding citizens into criminals. I wish this piece of shit communist state would offer a buyout to conservative gun owners so we could move from this hell hole.

A few years ago I mentioned that its better to move to a free state and enjoy your rights than to stay in Maryland and fight a losing battle while having limited rights. I was scoffed at, but I've been seeing more and more posts of people doing just that. Maryland is a police state and will NEVER be anything but.

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    Many of you are looking at it wrong. Liberal Maryland politicians are NOT looking to REDUCE crime, they are looking to INCREASE crime. If it were not so, they wouldn't be putting forth bull shit laws that make law abiding citizens into criminals. I wish this piece of shit communist state would offer a buyout to conservative gun owners so we could move from this hell hole.

A few years ago I mentioned that its better to move to a free state and enjoy your rights than to stay in Maryland and fight a losing battle while having limited rights. I was scoffed at, but I've been seeing more and more posts of people doing just that. Maryland is a police state and will NEVER be anything but.
    Then that is what people should say.

KIBarrister

Opinionated Libertarian
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 10, 2013
    Kent Island/Centreville

The current proposed regulation doesn’t automatically require an upper to have a serial - for now. But it lays the groundwork so BATFE can change their mind and bingo, uppers must be serialed, slides too, etc.

It essentially kills future 80’s but doesn’t criminalize the possession of existing 80s.

Marylandistan’s proposed legislation is worse for 80’s to be sure; the federal regulation is far worse in a general sense because of the groundwork it lays.

BeoBill

Crank in the Third Row
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 3, 2013
    南馬里蘭州鮑伊
    Yep. LEO carve outs are ********. No offense to the LEO here but citizens face the same criminals you do. If you aren’t comfortable doing it with what we can have, then you should be in Annapolis telling these fools that.

That will never happen while there's an MSP "advisor" in Annapolis full time. Your tax dollars in action.

BeoBill

Crank in the Third Row
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 3, 2013
    南馬里蘭州鮑伊
    Obviously I'd prefer to have less of my cake taken, ideally none at all.

But, they are going to take some of our cake. Most likely they are going to take an entire slice. In my view opposing it will fail. It's however possible we may be able to reduce the slice of cake taken.

When faced with the choice of the entire slice, or a slightly smaller slice.. I know what I'll choose every time. The sad reality is I suspect the slice is already taken and this seemingly unpopular view is moot anyway.

They have taken so many slices over the decades that all that remains now are a few crumbs on an otherwise empty plate. The Demanding Moms (and Bloomberg $$$$) run this state. In case you haven't noticed there are now more things that you can't do than you can. Maryland has become a full blown police state.

The Free State has finally died.

DC-W

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    ️‍
    When gun control groups and politicians push this stuff in support of police
    6fb43eb9728a65d0ba7dfcc32ae47d8c.jpg

Slackdaddy

My pronouns: Iva/Bigun
    Jan 1, 2019
    A few years ago there was legislation introduced that would:
    -Criminalize the possession of a longgun with a pistol grip or thumbhole stock.

The legislature has since the FSA2013 tried to:
    -Criminalize the possession of magazines over 10rds
    -Criminalize the possession of HBAR rifles
    -Criminalize the possession of .300 BLK AR15s
    - Require a Long Gun Qualification License for acquiring long guns

They did manage to criminalize the possession of “rapid fire trigger activators” and the private transfers of long guns.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    lsmitty67

Latest threads

Top Bottom