SB387 "Public Safety - Untraceable Firearms" - The Ban on Private Firearm Making

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Abagnale

Jan 27, 2022
    Here's the best advice that I can give you....
    Get the hell outta that godforsaken State!!!
    Do not wait!
    You aren't going to change a damn thing there no matter how much you huff and you puff!
    They do not deserve you or your tax money! They don't respect you in any way.

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    Do not wait!
    You aren't going to change a damn thing there no matter how much you huff and you puff!

Easier said than done with elderly parents in MD who need your help. :rolleyes:

Getting out as soon as I can, though

Kilroy3006

Jun 10, 2015
    Did I miss MSPRA testimony on the various gun bills in the House and Senate?

Perhaps you could post your written testimony here for the record.

This sounds snarky at best and a bit like a personal slam. It seems over the top and offensively defensive, which makes me wonder about the motive. Perhaps you could post what, if anything, YOU know about the "work group" meeting and which member(s) of the "gun rights community" was/were involved in meeting with the enemy?

Just askin'...

budman93

Ultimate Member
    Mar 1, 2013
    Frederick County
    Do not wait!

I'm gone as soon as I can find a house to buy. Its a bad time to get out with inventory at rock bottom.

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    Did I miss MSPRA testimony on the various gun bills in the House and Senate?

Perhaps you could post your written testimony here for the record.

Dick move. Seriously. Mike puts a lot of public and a ton of private efforts into this fight.

Please, tell us about the work group. I know you know.
    If you are still on the MSI board, you should be removed.

letmeoutpax

Nov 12, 2013
    St. Mary's
    This whole thing leaves me scratching my head because I don't see a way this really plays out as being enforceable in any kind of meaningful way. The only way this will ever be an issue is if someone gets caught committing a crime with an un-serialized 80% gun. When else would it ever be enforced? Who is ever going to check, and when would they do it?

IMO it's the equivalent of the AR15 ban. They are only banned if they have a standard profile barrel - HBARs are good to go. Except on a lower or rifle purchased pre-ban - those are also good to go, they just can't be sold to someone else.

But is anyone checking barrel profiles? Nope. I have yet to hear of a single instance of anyone having their AR's barrel profile checked to insure that it's an HBAR. It's possible that it's happened, but if it has, it's in numbers too small for it even to register as a blip statistically. Let's say you have a standard profile barrel on a build from a pre-FSA2013 stripped lower. That's good to go, but is anyone going to take the time to try to run down the transfer of the lower to insure that it's copacetic?

And that's the stink of it - people like us jump through the hoops to make sure we're in compliance, and that's why we're all wringing our hands over this law, but the truth is, it's going to be one of those laws passed and put on the books that won't be enforced because it isn't enforceable in any kind of meaningful way. No one is going to come up to you at the range and say, "hey there - you got a SN on that AR/pistol?" Is it even lawful for them to ask? Are you compelled to let them see it?

Are the State's Law enforcement officers even going to know enough about the law to be able to properly enforce it? Doubtful. Most LEO's don't know jack about the myriad of other confounding and confusing laws to be able to properly enforce them.

This whole thing is dumb. I can't wait to bail out on this state.

Most likely way to get caught is if you get red-flagged. Guarantee they will examine each gun closely. Suddenly an unpleasant episode with the possibility of getting your possessions back after a long legal battle turns into complete devastation of your life.

Nickberg500

Ultimate Member
    Sep 20, 2019
    North of Baltimore County
    Nick, you are amazing, THANK YOU for making these calls!
    You're welcome!!!!

Just got off the phone with Justin, the owner of Hanover Armory, he reiterated what Jess said: that they are unconformable serializing firearms as required by the bill, they only offer standard engraving services, not serialization of homemade firearms.

esqappellate

President, MSI
    Feb 12, 2012
    You're welcome!!!!

Just got off the phone with Justin, the owner of Hanover Armory, he reiterated what Jess said: that they are unconformable serializing firearms as required by the bill, they only offer standard engraving services, not serialization of homemade firearms.

Nick, is there someway you can get this information over to JPR? They are doing a voting session on SB 387 today at 4:00.....

Bohemian

Nov 7, 2009
    Any FFL who serializes a firearm is now a firearm manufacturer, and needs the updated licensing to do that, along with the taxes & fees that go along with that...
    I call bs that any ffl is willing to start serializing home built firearms; the liability that entails is enough to make them run away...
    Any legislation federal, state or otherwise that bans or limits the centuries-old practice of home-built firearms for personal use or bans existing home-built firearms is flat out Unconstitutional... remember when we asked the british permission to maintain an effective means to remove or replace a tyrannical government or for the human birthright of self preservation using equal or greater force than can be brought against us? me either...
    http://jpfo.org/articles-2015/atf-rules-and-private-guns.htm

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    Any FFL who serializes a firearm is now a firearm manufacturer, and needs the updated licensing to do that, along with the taxes & fees that go along with that...
    I call bs that any ffl is willing to start serializing home built firearms; the liability that entails is enough to make them run away...
    Any legislation federal, state or otherwise that bans or limits the centuries-old practice of home-built firearms for personal use or bans existing home-built firearms is flat out Unconstitutional... remember when we asked the british permission to maintain an effective means to remove or replace a tyrannical government or for the human birthright of self preservation using equal or greater force than can be brought against us? me either...
    http://jpfo.org/articles-2015/atf-rules-and-private-guns.htm

This.

Patattack88

Jan 9, 2020
    Westminster
    There list is fake news. I got another reply from sen lees office and they again told me to contact lopezes office. Well if i wasnt inquiring about HB425 or i would but i’m not, i’m inquiring about SB387! You office is sponsoring it! You should have the list!

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    There list is fake news. I got another reply from sen lees office and they again told me to contact lopezes office. Well if i wasnt inquiring about HB425 or i would but i’m not, i’m inquiring about SB387! You office is sponsoring it! You should have the list!

Get this to someone giving testimony.

Shine a bright light on liars and enemies of freedom.

You're welcome!!!!

I sent my own email with my own claims about these FFLs just now, but the FFLs themselves are taking time to respond over email.

One FFL has responded to me, I forwarded that response to DC-W.

PM inbound (+ DC-W)

Patattack88

Jan 9, 2020
    Westminster
    More shots fired across the bow!

Attachments

• 99F21B98-1037-4754-A48D-072F7264B5F4.jpg
      99F21B98-1037-4754-A48D-072F7264B5F4.jpg
      65 KB · Views: 221
    • BD1D47C7-574F-4F38-83DC-BCF3AB289652.jpg
      BD1D47C7-574F-4F38-83DC-BCF3AB289652.jpg
      63.8 KB · Views: 220