SB387 "Public Safety - Untraceable Firearms" - The Ban on Private Firearm Making

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • cantstop

Pentultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 10, 2012
    MD
    I may be completely wrong in my logic, but I'm not giving in to the liars in the MGA.

I will gift my PMFs to out of state relatives before I let the state take them.

KIBarrister

Opinionated Libertarian
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 10, 2013
    Kent Island/Centreville

Boondock Saint

Ultimate Member
    Dec 11, 2008
    White Marsh
    Another day, another email.

I don't trust Hogan at all when it comes to anything, most especially 2A issues. With that said, if he actually thinks he has a shot at the White House, it might not be in his best interests to sign off on gun control. A politician can generally be counted upon to act in what they perceive to be their best interests. It's hard to win a GOP primary while grabbing guns.

Here's hoping.

DC-W

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    ️‍
    Good. The more egregious it is, the easier it is to fight in court.

Not always the case.

In other news, attached is the final call from the House. Reid Novotny voted for SB387 a split second before it was complete. I missed that yesterday.

Attachments

• sb387housevote.jpg
      sb387housevote.jpg
      90.2 KB · Views: 303

Bertfish

Throw bread on me
    Mar 13, 2013
    White Marsh, MD
    Not always the case.

In other news, attached is the final call from the House. Reid Novotny voted for SB387 a split second before it was complete. I missed that yesterday.

Asked above but you may not have seen

Who in the caucus can we email to put together an opposition letter to send to Hogan like they did for the UBC bill?

Atlasarmory

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 2, 2009
    Glen Burnie
    There is likely another thread on this. But it looks like while they were sticking this up our A$$ they also had time to gut the bill that would make cop killers not eligible for parole. instead they are going to provide some kind of funds to the deceased's children.

Man this state has a hard on for criminals

Ungermc

Uses Gun-oil Aftershave
    MD anti-2A Ghost Gun ban

His point is still valid. Under the currently proposed language, the only way a firearm manufactured after 1968 will be legal is if an FFL put the serial number on the gun. The proposed language provides some requirements as to what than number should look like if it was not a manufacturer.

If there is no metal, I believe a small metal plate would need to be embedded into the plastic

I have a Bushmaster AR I bought cheap years and years ago which has a polymer lower and that's exactly the way it is serialized with a metal plate imbedded in the lower.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    JackW

Latest threads

Top Bottom