• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • kcbrown

Super Genius
    Jun 16, 2012
    It won’t matter. The 4th circuit will hold briefings and then, after the interlocutory TRO/PI has been denied cert by the Supreme Court, sit on the decision. A decision can’t be appealed if it hasn’t been issued.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

As expected, the Supreme Court denied review. So this is proceeding exactly as I expected. It will be several years before we see a final decision issued here, at which point SCOTUS will be composed of an anti-rights leftist majority. Once that shift takes place, the decision will issue with lightning speed, the Court will uphold it, and that’ll be that.

There’s no way I can see this ending well for us absent a miracle.

AliasNeo07

Ultimate Member
    Feb 12, 2009
    MD
    As expected, the Supreme Court denied review. So this is proceeding exactly as I expected. It will be several years before we see a final decision issued here, at which point SCOTUS will be composed of an anti-rights leftist majority. Once that shift takes place, the decision will issue with lightning speed, the Court will uphold it, and that’ll be that.

Only way will be if Biden loses in 24 which is unlikely.

kcbrown

Super Genius
    Jun 16, 2012
    It is more likely Biden will not live to see 24 based on his age.

He could keel over at any moment.

Doesn’t matter. It’ll be a miracle if Trump wins, no matter who the Democrats have in play. Not because Trump wouldn’t win in an honest election but because there’s no way the election will be done honestly if it would lead to a Trump win.

It’s not impossible, of course. Miracles do happen from time to time. But it’s probably too much to expect it to happen twice in 3 Presidential elections.

P-12 Norm

Why be normal?
    Sep 9, 2009
    Bowie, MD
    Exactly. IL is in the 7th. Means nothing to us until ours goes up to the top; the 4CA is not bound by actions in the 7CA
    But the fact that the 7th Circus might have SCOTUS bitch slap them, will make the 4th Circus a bit more careful in their scrutiny of our case.

Bob A

όυ φροντισ
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 11, 2009
    I don't think the 4th gives a rat's az or oz.
    At this point, the Circuits are playing the odds, and counting on the election-rigging to continue.

Meanwhile, Lib jurists make their bones by ignoring or insulting the conservative SCOTUS. Once the old conservatives start dying off, they'll be replaced by the likes of our Woke K Brown Jackson.

Unlikely the Republic will survive its current iteration. What happens down the road will be ugly. A turnaround is not out of the question, but likely not in the lifetime of anyone here today.

Venezuela was a rich, happy country. Didn't take much to destroy, and the comeback seems a distant possibility.

Germany fell over economic issues, developed a dictatorship, bankrupted Europe, and only recovered because of the economic support of the US - which is what broke the USSR as well.

I don't see any economic help for the US, once the O'Biden Mob has destroyed the economy, our international reputation, the middle class, and all hope of a return to a cohesive nation.

pcfixer

Ultimate Member
    May 24, 2009
    Marylandstan

That's very pessimistic.
    I believe we will prevail on side on Bruen.

kcbrown

Super Genius
    Jun 16, 2012
    That's very pessimistic.
    I believe we will prevail on side on Bruen.

We will prevail only if the final circuit decision is rendered before the Supreme Court composition changes. I’m forced to give that very low odds. The 9th Circuit and how it has handled cases proves just how long a circuit court can retain a case before rendering its final decision. Game theory for the antis clearly says to delay the decision for as long as it takes. These courts can sit on these things for many, many years.

And then there’s the question of who winds up as President, something which has been amply covered.

Given all that, on what basis should we expect to prevail in the end? I see none.

rbird7282

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 6, 2012
    Columbia
    There needs to be a way to prevent them from sitting on this stuff for so long.
    There should be a 6-12 maximum time limit before a decision is rendered. No extensions

Tebonski

Jan 23, 2013
    Harford County
    We all know dems want to add justices to Scotus, but, if a dem Congress and dem president did pass a law adding four new justices someone would appeal it. Then it would be heard by the current Supreme Ct. This current Court would strike the law as unconstitutional for some reason. Wouldn't they?

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    Congress decides the make up of the court. If they make it 20, then by law it’s 20.

Nothing unconstitutional about it and the President has no say

Article III:

Section 1 Vesting Clause​

The judicial Power of the United States, shall be vested in one supreme Court, and in such inferior Courts as the Congress may from time to time ordain and establish. The Judges, both of the supreme and inferior Courts, shall hold their Offices during good Behaviour, and shall, at stated Times, receive for their Services, a Compensation, which shall not be diminished during their Continuance in Office.

Occam

Not Even ONE Indictment
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 24, 2018
    Montgomery County
    We all know dems want to add justices to Scotus, but, if a dem Congress and dem president did pass a law adding four new justices someone would appeal it. Then it would be heard by the current Supreme Ct. This current Court would strike the law as unconstitutional for some reason. Wouldn't they?
    The central issue is that they'd have to scrap the filibuster in the Senate, or the effort is dead on its feet. And at least a few Dem senators have learned their lesson (the Harry Reid nuclear option blew up in their own faces big time, ultimately resulting in hundreds of new conservative federal judges and a solidly constitutionalist conservative SCOTUS because they arrogantly assumed there would never be a GOP senate, ever again). If they kill the filibuster, they are going to regret it, bigly.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Nelsonbencasey

Latest threads

Top Bottom