• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • JMeade

Oct 6, 2010
    Carney
    Gentlemen,

The Seitzland Rifle Club is running a 3X600 prone reduced course tournament on Saturday July 14th. Sling shooters will shoot at the NRA MR-52 target and Tactical Rifle shooters will shoot at the NRA 100 Yard Smallbore target. The Smallbore target should be a real challenge for the TR shooters as it is a half minute of angle target at 200 yards. The entry fee for this tournament is $15 and $10 for juniors. The only prize will be bragging rights for the winners. Sign up starts at 8:00 AM and first round down range will be at 9:00 AM. The course of fire will be 2 sighter shots and 20 rounds for record fired in 22 minutes. There will be a 3 minute prep period before each 22 shot match. You will shoot this 3 times. We will run 3 relays and all competitors will shoot, score and pull targets. The range has a covered firing line so the hot weather should be not so hard on the shooters.

This should be a good tournament for novice shooters or for shooters who want to work on a load or for shooters trying to work out a problem. The scoring system is very simple and there will be help for shooters who are inexperienced on scoring and pulling targets. By shooting 3 relays the scoring will be done from the firing line and no competitor will have to come out of the pits and go directly to the firing line.

Tactical Rifle shooters will be allowed to shoot from a front and rear rest. Sling shooters will follow NRA rules for slow fire prone. Any questions about this tournament send me an e-mailJMeade@Comcast.net

The address of the range is 3938 Bowser Road, New Freedom PA. 17349. I hope to see you all on the 14th.

John Meade

Tstras

Not a Junior Member
    Jan 16, 2010
    Harford Co.
    I'lll be there and possibly bringing a friend. I love shooting at Seitzland, great bunch of people up there.

Balzer94

Feb 27, 2011
    I was at a prone camp they had a couple of weeks ago. I've gotten tired of driving up there. It is def a great range with a great bunch of people. Plus also the food there is awesome

rundownfid

May 3, 2010
    A good match once the rain let up. Can't complain, after the rain it was calm and reasonably cool. The facilities were good and the bullets, for the most part, went reasonably close to where they were supposed to. Good match, thanks again John!

lmorrison17

Feb 1, 2008
    never heard of this place.

It says tac. shooter can use a rest , this sonds like f-class.
    Can f-class guys play at the next one?
    Is there a next one?
    Larry

JMeade

Oct 6, 2010
    Carney
    Gentlemen,

Here are the results from the reduced course 3X600 match we ran at Seitzland last Saturday. We got started an hour and 15 minutes late due to the rain but it held off for the rest of the day. We finished up at about 2:30 pm. The TR shooters fired at the 100 Yard small bore target which is 1/2 minute of angle at 200 yards The MR and SR guys fired at the NRA MR-52 target which is a minute of angle target at 200 yards. That 1/2 minute target is tough no matter what distance it hangs at.

I hope everyone enjoyed themselves and we will post here when we run another match like this.

John Meade

Attachments

• SeitzlandJuly14HipowerResults.xls
      14.5 KB · Views: 89

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Davech1831

Latest threads