Sheriff Mike Lewis: “We will not comply”.

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • bwags123

Jun 23, 2010
    Parsonsburg
    For 1 the bill he was asked about complying with has nothing to do with him. He doesn’t have anything to do with licensing or checking to see if you have a lgql that would be the ffl. You can’t just go saying I will not comply to everything they ask him about especially when he is a top law enforcement officer. Some on the panel I’m sure could be swayed one way or another if you talk like you got sense. It’s fine for us as citizens to talk that way but a few hours after he said what he did on Monday the was a caucus member in his district calling for him to resign. Now I live here and don’t want somone like Mike to get forced to step down we need people like him.

gtodave

MDS Supporter
    Aug 14, 2007
    Mt Airy
    I don’t think he backtracked. He clarified that unjust takings were his focus. Sheriff Lewis is the last of the good guys in this state IMHO.

He didn't backtrack, but he did use some buzzwords that he knew would rile up his base (and garner him some more votes), all while not telling the whole story. He made it sound in his first speech that he was there for US, defending our rights. When in fact, he was just looking to protect his people FROM us. Two VERY different things.

Is there video? I'll gladly email again telling him I can change my mind too, thanks to no thanks.
    YES. It was in his testimony, and I recorded it from the viewing room. You know what happened in that room when he said that? The MDA Red Coats CHEERED.

Granted, he gave some good testimony as to why aspects of the bill are bad. And I appreciate that. But his whole pomp-and-circumstance act in the waiting room on Monday combined with this revelation makes him seem fake as hell.

gtodave

MDS Supporter
    Aug 14, 2007
    Mt Airy
    For 1 the bill he was asked about complying with has nothing to do with him. He doesn’t have anything to do with licensing or checking to see if you have a lgql that would be the ffl. You can’t just go saying I will not comply to everything they ask him about especially when he is a top law enforcement officer. Some on the panel I’m sure could be swayed one way or another if you talk like you got sense. It’s fine for us as citizens to talk that way but a few hours after he said what he did on Monday the was a caucus member in his district calling for him to resign. Now I live here and don’t want somone like Mike to get forced to step down we need people like him.

You need fake a$$es who tell you that he's there for you and will defend your rights, but really he's only concerned with his own people? He's still on the right side of these laws, but for the wrong reasons (at least for HB 612)

dblas

Past President, MSI
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 6, 2011
    I hadn't seen previous turn outs for prior laws so I cannot compare. But watching yesterday from 10a to midnight I was extremely impressed with what I saw, especially Mike Lewis and that panel, all of you who attended, the resource officers, teachers, and everyone in between.

The best comparison I can draw would be to 2013 House Testimony on SB281, when there were 1207 people signed up and 1198 were against the bill. That hearing went for 15 hours and 47 minutes.

Monday surpassed that time y a large span, closing at 17 hours and 58 minutes.

There were over 1500 individual testimony line sign ups for 19 bills. That doesn't mean we had over 1500 people sign up to testify, that means the folks that signed up, did so on multiple bills, and if everyone had stayed and testified, there would have been over 1500 different incidents of testimony on the bills. At 2 minutes each, if everyone could have stayed and testified, we would have over 50 hours of testimony.

Folks, THIS is what we need to repeat every year. We need to put down the petty things and stand shoulder to shoulder in Annapolis and wear them out. I am very fortunate and humbled to be a part of such a community as that one that showed up Monday.

bwags123

Jun 23, 2010
    Parsonsburg
    He is one of us. These same laws affect him in and out of office. I know him personally he is a big time firearms collector. I know what side he is on if shit ever hits the fan don’t have to worry about that.

RepublicOfFranklin

Ultimate Member
    Mar 16, 2018
    The ‘Dena - DPRM
    If your talk or actions result in a cheer from the MDA, you’ve sold out your Constitutional oath. Wet paper bags have taken a stand that lasted longer than this guy’s.

“Sorry for the confusion ladies, I was just scared one of these crazies mighta hurt my boys. I’m fine with the MGA giving to my constituents over a barrel”

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PowPow

Where's the beef?
    Nov 22, 2012
    Howard County
    The best comparison I can draw would be to 2013 House Testimony on SB281, when there were 1207 people signed up and 1198 were against the bill. That hearing went for 15 hours and 47 minutes.

Monday surpassed that time y a large span, closing at 17 hours and 58 minutes.

There were over 1500 individual testimony line sign ups for 19 bills. That doesn't mean we had over 1500 people sign up to testify, that means the folks that signed up, did so on multiple bills, and if everyone had stayed and testified, there would have been over 1500 different incidents of testimony on the bills. At 2 minutes each, if everyone could have stayed and testified, we would have over 50 hours of testimony.

Folks, THIS is what we need to repeat every year. We need to put down the petty things and stand shoulder to shoulder in Annapolis and wear them out. I am very fortunate and humbled to be a part of such a community as that one that showed up Monday.

We also had a pretty darned fair chairman on Monday. Your testimony was strong, and Del Clippinger didn't change his demeanor at all. That is statesmanship. Keep on giving strong testimonies like that. It rallies the troops! :)

Also, the Delegate went far above and beyond when he stopped and offered the Novotnys a ride back to the stadium at 4am. I cannot imagine right now any other politician who would do that being in his position.

rbird7282

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 6, 2012
    Columbia
    We also had a pretty darned fair chairman on Monday. Your testimony was strong, and Del Clippinger didn't change his demeanor at all. That is statesmanship. Keep on giving strong testimonies like that. It rallies the troops! :)

Also, the Delegate went far above and beyond when he stopped and offered the Novotnys a ride back to the stadium at 4am. I cannot imagine right now any other politician who would do that being in his position.

I sent him a message through FB telling him that although we were on different sides of the political spectrum, I thanked him for running the hearing in a courteous and professional manner. Better than many we’ve seen in the past

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feb 28, 2013
    Just spied a headline from The Daily Times newspaper at the Goose Creek in Mardela Springs.

“Sheriffs (plural) unite vs Md gun bills”.

Who were the other?

Clovis

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 1, 2011
    Centreville
    I have "heard" that all sheriffs of the Eastern Shore counties are in agreement with and support Lewis, but I can find nothing to confirm this and it is "hearsay".

Rack&Roll

R.I.P
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    Bunkerville, MD
    I have "heard" that all sheriffs of the Eastern Shore counties are in agreement with and support Lewis, but I can find nothing to confirm this and it is "hearsay".

I heard this as part of testimony but I can’t give you a timecode from any of the hearings videos.

I have been in discussions with Sheriff Lewis about a 2A project in Wicomico for a year now. (I will provide details when the project gets closer).

I am confident that when push-comes-to-shove, we can count on Sheriff Lewis to regard the punitive infringement laws that come out of Annapolis this year as “foreign law”...

Attachments

• 9C7993B8-5DB9-4A84-9D36-DCDFA5C1A9DB.jpg
      9C7993B8-5DB9-4A84-9D36-DCDFA5C1A9DB.jpg
      90.2 KB · Views: 253

ChrisD

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 19, 2013
    Conowingo

Does that include Scott Adams, the Cecil Co. Sheriff? I don’t recall seeing or hearing anything either way. Just curious as I don’t know.

Applehd

Throbbing Member
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 26, 2012
    Would have been nice to see all 24 sheriffs... but I AM grateful for those that made the effort to show.:thumbsup:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Mikeymike88

Latest threads

Top Bottom