• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • miles71

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Jul 19, 2009
    Belcamp, Md.
    Few indeed - for now - I expect the number of matches to grow; and in fact, I just shot a Falling Steel match in Cherryville, NC and the Public Shooting Complex Director there announced to all they are in talks w SigEvent now and the inaugural event will likely be this August!
    Sig intends on only ten events this year and plans on expanding next year.

slsc98

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    May 24, 2012
    Escaped MD-stan to WNC Smokies
    Sig intends on only ten events this year and plans on expanding next year.

Haha, that may be their intention but, I’ve met and shot with Sandra Orvig, the Director of the Foothills Public Shooting Complex twice now and after seeing what she pulled off with GSSF (she flew out to the SHOT Show to corner them into a room until they gave in!) my money is on her working a Win / Win offer for a SigEvent in calendar year 2023 - at FPSC - that Sig cannot pass up!

Stay tuned!

Sandra Orvig
    Range Director – Foothills Public Shooting Complex​

“How often do people get to take their hobby and make it a career?” asks Sandra Orvig. Sandra joined Foothills Public Shooting Complex as its second Range Director in April 2019.

Ms. Orvig, a native of Charleston, SC, was a supporter of the facility even before it opened in April 2016. She attended the opening festivities and has competed in some of Foothills shooting sports events over the last 3 years.

Sandra decided to leave her 26-year career as a paralegal and her low country home when she landed the job as Foothills Range Director. Her passion for the shooting sports developed over the past 15 years as she competed on the national level and additionally as a firearms instructor for the last 5 years. Sandra also has experience with the organizational side of large shooting sports events. Her love of the sport and desire to see younger shooters compete spurred her to start a non-profit organization called 3 Gun Generation.

Sandra hopes to develop Foothills Public Shooting Complex into a regional attraction that our community can be proud of. Her goals are to keep the range a safe, family-friendly place for the public to enjoy. She hopes to offer more opportunities for classes, competitions, and youth activities at the range.

Got a question? Look for Sandra at the range. She loves to talk about anything related to shooting!

Attachments

• IMG_6291.jpeg
      IMG_6291.jpeg
      151.9 KB · Views: 67

miles71

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Jul 19, 2009
    Belcamp, Md.
    Haha, that may be their intention but, I’ve met and shot with Sandra Orvig, the Director of the Foothills Public Shooting Complex twice now and after seeing what she pulled off with GSSF (she flew out to the SHOT Show to corner them into a room until they gave in!) my money is on her working a Win / Win offer for a SigEvent in calendar year 2023 - at FPSC - that Sig cannot pass up!

Stay tuned!

Sandra Orvig​

Range Director – Foothills Public Shooting Complex​

“How often do people get to take their hobby and make it a career?” asks Sandra Orvig. Sandra joined Foothills Public Shooting Complex as its second Range Director in April 2019.

Ms. Orvig, a native of Charleston, SC, was a supporter of the facility even before it opened in April 2016. She attended the opening festivities and has competed in some of Foothills shooting sports events over the last 3 years.

Sandra decided to leave her 26-year career as a paralegal and her low country home when she landed the job as Foothills Range Director. Her passion for the shooting sports developed over the past 15 years as she competed on the national level and additionally as a firearms instructor for the last 5 years. Sandra also has experience with the organizational side of large shooting sports events. Her love of the sport and desire to see younger shooters compete spurred her to start a non-profit organization called 3 Gun Generation.

Sandra hopes to develop Foothills Public Shooting Complex into a regional attraction that our community can be proud of. Her goals are to keep the range a safe, family-friendly place for the public to enjoy. She hopes to offer more opportunities for classes, competitions, and youth activities at the range.

Got a question? Look for Sandra at the range. She loves to talk about anything related to shooting!

I’m not saying it’s not possible, I’m not sure they’ve even gotten ten sites filled yet.

slsc98

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    May 24, 2012
    Escaped MD-stan to WNC Smokies
    youre right - they only have 6 events listed, as of the 5th month of 2023: https://www.sigsauer.com/ss-match-schedule

From what I understand / garner, Sig - just like GSSF - are being uber vigilant that they don’t tell a club or site “okay” only to discover they have committed before finding out the clubs description of their facilities is a bit more generous than reality. (Sandra told me directly that the last thing GSSF said to her before relenting was, “You can’t just have it (the event) in an open field” They need not have worried, Foothills Public Shooting Complex has over over ten action bays that are as nice as any in US (AND they’re expanding even more)

All this adds up to a feather in Peach Bottom’s cap as Sig knows, in todays social media world, their fledgling program could get a bad rap before it even gets off the launch pad, if they allowed their event to be held anywhere shooters got rubbed the wrong way due to anything from parking in the mud to lack of rest facilities to the sun shining in their eyes …

Eyeing my P-210, 365 and 232 as I type this, haha!

PapiBarcelona

Ultimate Member
    Jan 1, 2011
    Hopefully the folks reppin' Sign didn't book their stay at the peach bottom inn or they'll prob never come back. LOL

Mule

Just Mule
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 14, 2013
    Bumping this, as we get closer, to see if there's any more information to share.

One thing I'm interested in learning is, if you'd like to shoot the course using one of Sig's guns, what the process would be.

miles71

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Jul 19, 2009
    Belcamp, Md.
    Bumping this, as we get closer, to see if there's any more information to share.

One thing I'm interested in learning is, if you'd like to shoot the course using one of Sig's guns, what the process would be.
    From what I understand you go to the demo area, find the one you like, pay the competition fee and buy the ammo, run the course. If you really like it we will have an ffl on site who should be able to order it for you. “Easy Peasy”

TD

Mule

Just Mule
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 14, 2013
    From what I understand you go to the demo area, find the one you like, pay the competition fee and buy the ammo, run the course. If you really like it we will have an ffl on site who should be able to order it for you. “Easy Peasy”

TD
    Thanks!

Trying to bring a couple of people who haven't competed before and/or want to try a few Sigs, and wanted to know what to tell them.

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009

TD

So , it's a sakes demo ; not a match for existing Sig pistols ?

Mule

Just Mule
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 14, 2013
    I was trying to help someone sign up, this evening, and saw that Practiscore said registration was closed.

However, the squadding page indicates that spaces are still open.

Is it a hard closure? Or, would it still be possible to add additional Shooters (or additional classes for an existing shooter), through an alternative means, whether online or day of?

Art3

Eqinsu Ocha
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 30, 2015
    Harford County
    I was trying to help someone sign up, this evening, and saw that Practiscore said registration was closed.

However, the squadding page indicates that spaces are still open.

Is it a hard closure? Or, would it still be possible to add additional Shooters (or additional classes for an existing shooter), through an alternative means, whether online or day of?
    We were told that registration would be possible day of, as long as slots were still available. Practiscore does indeed say that registration is closed for me, too, but you can still view squadding. There definitely appear to be plenty of slots available throughout the day. Tony ( @miles71 ) would have the official say, but I'd suggest having them show up at around the time they want to shoot and I think we'll find a way to make it happen. :fingerscrossed:

Art3

Eqinsu Ocha
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 30, 2015
    Harford County
    We'd love to get some MSI folks to help:

Mule

Just Mule
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 14, 2013
    We were told that registration would be possible day of, as long as slots were still available. Practiscore does indeed say that registration is closed for me, too, but you can still view squadding. There definitely appear to be plenty of slots available throughout the day. Tony ( @miles71 ) would have the official say, but I'd suggest having them show up at around the time they want to shoot and I think we'll find a way to make it happen. :fingerscrossed:
    Excellent! Thanks!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    JBIRD EST.1984

Latest threads

Top Bottom