Should IP Always Post Prices on Their Threads?

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • TheDevilHimself

, Duffy's Gun Room
    Industry Partner
    Jul 15, 2011
    Sparks, MD
    We generally try to post prices in our threads, although it does not always work out that way. Most often, Kevin will take and post photos, and I will go in and edit the thread to add descriptions, prices, etc. Sometimes, we just get incredibly busy in the shop and I don't get around to it for a few days. It's important to let people know what we have, and post prices as well, but I'm not always in a rush. The customer in the store takes precedence in my book. I also need to make sure that I post accurate prices, as I've answered questions or posted too quickly before and had a typo bite me in the ass...

alucard0822

For great Justice
    Oct 29, 2007
    PA
    No prices = no business from me. I buy the majority of my gear from Trop, they put prices on the front of their flier, their webpage, and their facebook, they beat just about everyone too, if it is something not in an ad, they will quote the price over the phone, and check stock or special order ETA for you. Teasing ads with "call or PM for price" is BS, even worse is "come in and I'll give you a price", means either that aren't competitive, ripoff some customers and favor others, or they are an idiot, either way I won't do business with them.

Half-cocked

Senior Meatbag
    Mar 14, 2006
    My personal take, for the IP's out there:

You can choose to put a price next to an advertised item or not, that's your choice.

But:

1. As a consumer, my interest in something is 10x greater when I actually see a price.

2. When I see the words "PM for price", my interest drops to practically nil.

1969sschevelle

Dec 28, 2012
    Lost Farmland County MD
    No prices = no business from me. I buy the majority of my gear from Trop, they put prices on the front of their flier, their webpage, and their facebook, they beat just about everyone too, if it is something not in an ad, they will quote the price over the phone, and check stock or special order ETA for you. Teasing ads with "call or PM for price" is BS, even worse is "come in and I'll give you a price", means either that aren't competitive, ripoff some customers and favor others, or they are an idiot, either way I won't do business with them.

This...1000 times this .

erwos

The Hebrew Hammer
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 25, 2009
    Rockville, MD
    We generally try to post prices in our threads, although it does not always work out that way. Most often, Kevin will take and post photos, and I will go in and edit the thread to add descriptions, prices, etc. Sometimes, we just get incredibly busy in the shop and I don't get around to it for a few days. It's important to let people know what we have, and post prices as well, but I'm not always in a rush. The customer in the store takes precedence in my book. I also need to make sure that I post accurate prices, as I've answered questions or posted too quickly before and had a typo bite me in the ass...
    Duffy's is not one of the problem children. And, to be fair, I've seen less and less of the "we won't tell you the price remotely!" behavior these days.

jhcrab

Jun 28, 2012
    Howard Co.

Have you ever had the time to track sales both before and after prices were posted ? If by posting prices you can get a potential buyer into your store (not saying your store Duff) the potential is there to sell them another product that they were not specifically looking for. This happens to me on many occasions. Get buyers into your store and give them the convenience of seeing both product and price, then you potentially have a win - win situation. Again, I am not referring to Duffy's specifically.

outrider58

Cold Damp Spaces
    MDS Supporter
    Yes. A good picture and a fair price are what get me into a shop. It's 45 minutes to Hafer's and Engage and 90 to Duffy's, so finding time to just drop in and browse is difficult.

Only place I "browse" is Gunrunners because it's close and open late.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They're all only a phone call away.
    I'll ask an IP here if they have a particular item or provide a particular service. If they answer yes, then I call or go over. They don't have time to answer every little question posted here, while trying to run a business and wait on customers who take the time to patronize their stores.

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    I refused to play that game when I advertise for Scotts. If I post a freaking product, it will have a price.

I wish you would stop writing the price in small print on your wiener so I have to get real close to see what it is. I'm afraid of losing an eye.

SergeantEvil

Jul 9, 2012
    I could care less if my dealer (IP) posts the price. Generally if I am interested in something I know the price range. A little money here or there is not going to affect my buying decision.

However, I do appeciate when they psot a hey look what showed up today. I don't have time to stop by my LGS to often so its nice when the can post a couple pics. If I see something intersting I will find the time to visit the store.

I have gotten great service from my dealer (IP), they have always earned my buisness. I will always attemp to buy from them unless they can't get the firearm. If the can't get it, I will work with them to do a transfer. I am not going to go running off to some other store to save a couple bucks.

Gcs7th

Ultimate Member
    Jan 26, 2012
    AGC
    Sometimes, we just get incredibly busy in the shop and I don't get around to it for a few days. It's important to let people know what we have...

Agreed! I contacted Kevin and the DevilHimself about a product I saw pictures of and several had already sold within the hour or so it took for them to get back to me. However, he was able to set the product aside for me and my friend. I took a ride up to his shop on Saturday to place my new purchase in purgatory for the next 7 days, and the shop was crazy busy. Even with the shop as busy as it was all the staff was very professional and personable.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Scot2024

Latest threads

Top Bottom