pasadena
    mil blades

Attachments

• DSCN0066.jpg
      DSCN0066.jpg
      83.1 KB · Views: 326

justiw

Jan 26, 2012
    Just picked this beautiful chefs knife from our very own justiw. I gifted a near-twin to my dad for Christmas. These are wicked sharp and due to the very thin blades they go through food with very little effort.

Hope yall enjoy them! I like to think that each one I make gets better in some way. I do it for fun, but it's great to share my fun with someone that appreciates the product.

4g64loser

Bad influence
    Jan 18, 2007
    maryland
    Hope yall enjoy them! I like to think that each one I make gets better in some way. I do it for fun, but it's great to share my fun with someone that appreciates the product.

It makes prep a lot less annoying when the blade does the work. I figured a bit of shameless promotion wouldn't go amiss here.

wreckdiver

Ultimate Member
    Nov 13, 2008
    Nice. I think the we/civivi knifes are one of the best values today. I bought a ton of civivi knifes to give as gifts and they seemed to be a hit.

Benny

Feb 20, 2019
    That's a Bayonet M1...fits both the M1 Garand and the 1903 Springfield rifles. Many were 1905 bayonets cit down to 10"...yours is a genuine M1 bayonet made as such.

Thanks for the background information and confirmation. I don’t know much about bayonets. This M1 bayonet was something that was passed down to me.

Alea Jacta Est

Extinguished member
    MDS Supporter
    Who dat? Lucy sneakin up on Marfione. B1tch.

Marfione Custom:lol2:

Attachments

• C4128AF3-1339-4D79-9E0F-007CBFBD3849.jpg
      C4128AF3-1339-4D79-9E0F-007CBFBD3849.jpg
      90.3 KB · Views: 132
    • F31C2603-018F-476D-A5BC-755517611550.jpg
      F31C2603-018F-476D-A5BC-755517611550.jpg
      121.2 KB · Views: 121
    • 88852589-1C2D-4B43-95DA-0A33C48636D3.jpg
      88852589-1C2D-4B43-95DA-0A33C48636D3.jpg
      102.7 KB · Views: 118

Harrys

Short Round
    Jul 12, 2014
    SOMD
    Resurrection, some time ago I shared my knife and the long story behind it. It was the last blade a 90+ year young bladesmith made before passing. He and I were friends for many years. He was a private person and not well known as he only did stuff for family and a few friends. Long story short he gave me his last knife he made. His sons were pissed and tried to get it back unsuccessfully. They were complete ass hats. One thing that my friend did is give me a letter bequeathing the knife to me let's leave it there.

He never bought anything he always went to junk yards to get what he needed. He started off as a farrier in the 50s then started knife making. Well, the knife he gave me did not have a handle and I told him I could make one. I finished the knife with a walnut handle and homemade sheath. He told me great work on fit and feel. He passed several months later a kind person who lived a good and honest life.
    blade.jpg

308Scout

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 27, 2020
    Washington County
    I just added this Spyderco Vallotton to the collection. It's a bit on the larger and chunkier side for an EDC, but I'd been looking at one for a good while.

Vallotton1.jpg
    Vallotton2.jpg

Bob A

όυ φροντισ
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 11, 2009
    I just added this Spyderco Vallotton to the collection. It's a bit on the larger and chunkier side for an EDC, but I'd been looking at one for a good while.

View attachment 365523 View attachment 365524
    That's a very handsome knife. I'm not generally much attracted to Spyderco, but this one is worth the attention. Nice thick blade; I like that.

I was surprised to see it is available as an automatic as well, though hard to find and rather pricey.

308Scout

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 27, 2020
    Washington County
    That's a very handsome knife. I'm not generally much attracted to Spyderco, but this one is worth the attention. Nice thick blade; I like that.

I was surprised to see it is available as an automatic as well, though hard to find and rather pricey.

I don't find may of their models visually appealing either. They tend to hit homeruns with me on the models that are outside of their usual design box. The blade is definitely nice and thick as is the overall knife. Below is a width comparison with a BM mini-bugout. I wasn't aware of the auto version until now, but good to know it's out there.

vallottonvsbugout.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Ramseye

Latest threads

Top Bottom