• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • kingfish

Jan 15, 2008
    These ideas are all very good, but has anyone actually tried selling some? I have never tried, but when it comes to selling a friend of mine did and he was only offered less than spot price. And this was at the local shops that specialize in selling such metals.

Inigoes

Head'n for the hills
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 21, 2008
    SoMD / West PA
    These ideas are all very good, but has anyone actually tried selling some? I have never tried, but when it comes to selling a friend of mine did and he was only offered less than spot price. And this was at the local shops that specialize in selling such metals.
    If you want to know what your precious metal stash is worth.

Create an account on APMEX.com, and enter your current holdings. You can enter the purchase amount to see if you are upside down on the present market value.

Last edited:

Ponder_MD

Ultimate Member
    Mar 9, 2020
    Maryland
    What I'm reading about silver is that its value is expected to sharply increase due to demand in jewelry, photo-voltaics and EV batteries. Although silver production is expected to increase, demand is still predicted to outpace it. This increase seems dependent on a functioning world economy.

If there is a global economic shock such as a severe recession or perhaps the collapse of the dollar, industrial demand for silver will sharply decline and I expect prices to go along with it. Gold prices will rise sharply.

I saw a chart that showed every economic shock since the Great Depression. Only twice did gold and silver rise together. In every other instance, gold rose and silver fell sharply and recovered later when the economy and industrial demand for silver recovered.

Diversification seems important. Don't put all of your eggs in a silver basket.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Mikeymike88

Latest threads

Top Bottom