So what "final purchases" are you making?

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • HailSkins

Aug 13, 2009
    Hebron
    I bought:
    1. ar15
    2. ak47
    3. ordered 2 lowers.

Wife bought
    1. Glock 17

Did miss any under 1k purchases? Are the kel-tec sub 2k on the list? I cant find one anywhere.
    I cant do a Tavor or FN right now.

erwos

The Hebrew Hammer
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 25, 2009
    Rockville, MD
    Did miss any under 1k purchases?
    Plenty of them, actually. But they're all older guns like the Daewoo, AR-180B, SKS-M/D, etc.

Are the kel-tec sub 2k on the list? I cant find one anywhere.
    The modification to 29" for the OAL test saved the Sub-2k. Not banned.

Not regulated, but a Rossi Circuit Judge rifle. It's going to be banned as of 10/1 because it's a revolver/shotgun. The wife wants it!!
    My understanding is that the Rossi Circuit Judge is NOT a shotgun, because it has a rifled barrel. (Except in 28ga.)

hogarth

Ultimate Member
    Jun 13, 2009
    Only things that tempt me now are a Sig 556r and a Beretta CX4. I know the beretta will be good after Oct 1, so really just the 556r. But probably not. Pretty happy with what I have, and would rather dump that $1500ish into ammo and training with what I have.

tapeman1

Ultimate Member
    Aug 31, 2012
    Severna Park, MD
    Only things that tempt me now are a Sig 556r and a Beretta CX4. I know the beretta will be good after Oct 1, so really just the 556r. But probably not. Pretty happy with what I have, and would rather dump that $1500ish into ammo and training with what I have.

I could be wrong, but I think the 556R made the cut. I think it'll still be C&C after the 1st.

Truthlesshero81

Sep 30, 2011
    I just got a Saiga 308 off GB. I would be looking for more stuff but the rise in prices coupled with everything being hard to find has got me saying screw it I'm done. My next purchase will be when I move out of MD.

Pmbspyder

Platinum Member
    Apr 12, 2012
    No purchases, saving for the house in VA

Best post in this thread :thumbsup:

I have a lower sitting at a non release dealer that I'm at 60 days for. Probably another 2 months. That is the last one before I get to leave this sh1thole

L0gic

Ultimate Member
    Mar 2, 2013
    Had they not gone out of business, a Medusa M-47 simply because it could shoot so many different calibers from one wheel gun. I'm still considering a wheel gun just to have one from that category for a SHTF/Zombie-fest type thing, but don't know which one.

All other handguns have been purchased and are somewhere north of 50 days for all paperwork across the board. At least two are 75 days today:mad54: I opted for a Sig556R instead of an AK-47. Same ammo, same magazines and so far my second gen has not had any issues from the first gen. Seeing flames shoot out is one cool thing to see.

Mike OTDP

Ultimate Member
    Feb 12, 2008
    I've got a LaRue OBR on order - the amusing part being that I don't expect to receive it for another year. Might buy an M1A.

Idempotent

Zombies' Worst Nightmare
    Apr 12, 2010
    I bought a WASR AK-47, two AR-15 stripped lowers, and an MSAR STG-556 (which ended up having a 20" barrel, so its overall length is 30", and thus may not be affected by the upcoming ban after all?). I can't particularly think of anything else. My DC did just come in though, so maybe I'll get another couple of stripped lowers and call it a day.

I do want a centerfire revolver, probably an old .38 Special or .357 Magnum S&W police model. If I could get it on my C&R license that'd be ideal. But revolvers won't be banned post-Oct 1, only harder to get.

MDGolom

Ultimate Member
    Sep 29, 2010
    Baltimore County
    I think if you purchased a handgun previously, you don't need a license after oct 1st.

I purchased AK-74 last week
    Waiting to purchase a Tavor before Oct 1st.

Incorrect. You're still required to get the license, but are except from the training requirement for it.

Uncle Duke

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 2, 2013
    Not Far Enough from the City
    I'm probably pretty much done, unless I run across a good Smith Model 10 or a 27 or a 29 or a 629 that I can't do without. Or a Ruger GP-100. Or an older Speed Six or Secuity Six. Or a Sig P220 Elite Dark. Or a new 1911 platform addition.

Ok.....so maybe I'm not QUITE done just yet. :)

erwos

The Hebrew Hammer
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 25, 2009
    Rockville, MD
    I could be wrong, but I think the 556R made the cut. I think it'll still be C&C after the 1st.
    Fails the feature test in factory config. Folding stock + flash hider = banned. You'd need to find a debanned version from some other state.

tsmith1499

Poor C&R Collector
    Jan 10, 2012
    Southern Mount Airy, Md.
    Plenty of them, actually. But they're all older guns like the Daewoo, AR-180B, SKS-M/D, etc.

The modification to 29" for the OAL test saved the Sub-2k. Not banned.

My understanding is that the Rossi Circuit Judge is NOT a shotgun, because it has a rifled barrel. (Except in 28ga.)

But it will take .410 shells and is a revolver type rifle. I think either one of those kicks it to banned status?

baconsandwich

master of the obvious
    Apr 20, 2013
    Baltimore City
    I recently purchased #1 on my "gotta have it before Oct" list: a Steyr AUG/A3 SA. Figure I can squeeze 1 more purchase in as well. Decisions, decisions...

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Nelsonbencasey

Latest threads

Top Bottom