• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Bullfrog

Ultimate Member
    Oct 8, 2009
    Carroll County
    My Spidey Sense is tingling....

Ditto.

I'm a little confused too. I was unaware that there was such a thing as soft mounted taxidermy, much less that MDS was against it.

Nor have I seen any hatred of deviantART, let alone from 'many of us'. I don't even think I've ever seen that website mentioned here.

There's something off about the post, or the source.

"'I noticed people get thingy on here about the beginners".... wut? where? What does that even mean?

It almost reads like autogenerated gibberish from a program... I've played with a few and even written some simple ones. Feed it a subject and it makes up nonsense about it.

Last edited:

foxtrapper

Ultimate Member
    Sep 11, 2007
    Havre de Grace
    Is the OP posting on the wrong site? If so, I don't know of any that would hate the deviant art site and soft mounting, other than taxidermy.net forums. Taxi net is a bunch of old fart taxidermists lol. Actually only a small # there who hate anything not traditional and get vocal about it.
    ebaynotailfoxa.jpg

And thanks for all the good reviews of my work by fellow MDS people.

joppaj

Sheepdog
    Staff member
    Apr 11, 2008
    MD
    Um... FT, that fox looks very much alive (based upon one picture on my phone.)

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    Is the OP posting on the wrong site? If so, I don't know of any that would hate the deviant art site and soft mounting, other than taxidermy.net forums. Taxi net is a bunch of old fart taxidermists lol. Actually only a small # there who hate anything not traditional and get vocal about it. View attachment 400875

And thanks for all the good reviews of my work by fellow MDS people.
    I might have to come see you when my cat croaks(as long as he doesn't get flattened by a car...). That's amazing!

cww

Jan 28, 2010
    wt???? Man that op is like reading my youngest’s stuff in elementary school.

As others said not sure of what is trying to be conveyed. But good work is good work no matter the method and can be admired even if it’s not your boat to have.
    I am somewhat addicted to taxidermy and trying as of this year to hold back. I have an older freeze dried rattler, a couple pelts, a couple fox rugs, a Sika hide, 3 full body furbearers, skulls, and several normal shoulder mounts.

That fox in the chair is unique and cool

Derwood

Ultimate Member
    Jun 2, 2011
    DC area
    wt???? Man that op is like reading my youngest’s stuff in elementary school.

As others said not sure of what is trying to be conveyed. But good work is good work no matter the method and can be admired even if it’s not your boat to have.
    I am somewhat addicted to taxidermy and trying as of this year to hold back. I have an older freeze dried rattler, a couple pelts, a couple fox rugs, a Sika hide, 3 full body furbearers, skulls, and several normal shoulder mounts.

That fox in the chair is unique and cool
    I know the feeling. I've been "allowing" myself to mount one duck per year as long as it's not a species I already have mounted. I'm hoping to "collect 'em all" over time. So far I have: drake mallard, drake bufflehead, hen bufflehead, drake bluebill, drake canvasback, drake goldeneye, drake hooded merganser, tundra swan, flat/pelt raccoon, fully body fox, euro mount 9-point buck. This year I'm waiting for a drake old squaw and a full head mount 8-point buck to come back. My home office is slowly going from being a trophy room to a mausoleum and I'm fine with that. I've got an opossum in my freezer that really needs to join the fury gang on the wall but I'm trying to keep to the one-per-year rule, so he's going to end up becoming crab bait or something later this year.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    JBIRD EST.1984

Latest threads

Top Bottom