• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Marauder

Revolver Addict
    Dec 14, 2010
    Like all addicts, I would say I have a healthy addiction! Yes, I got another revolver... :thumbsup: A Smith&Wesson model 29-2 6inch barrel 44mag..

M29.jpg

jr88

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 7, 2011
    Free?? State
    The cylinder was replaced by S&W, guess the former owner did not want a fluted cylinder..

I like it, I think solid is a good choice on magnum calibers. I too am a sucker for the older SW revolvers with a nice blue finish. The only problem is they keep going up in price and it's rare to find a nice one at a fair price. Congrats!

Marauder

Revolver Addict
    Dec 14, 2010
    I like it, I think solid is a good choice on magnum calibers. I too am a sucker for the older SW revolvers with a nice blue finish. The only problem is they keep going up in price and it's rare to find a nice one at a fair price. Congrats!

Yeah, I like those old smiths too.. Yep, those prices keep going up..

Huckleberry

No One of Consequence
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 19, 2007
    Severn & Lewes
    The cylinder was replaced by S&W, guess the former owner did not want a fluted cylinder..

The unfluted cylinders were a factory option on some of the N Frames.

I have a 25-7 that was unfluted as OEM. Some of the Custom Shop guns are also unfluted.

Gorgeous pistol

pop-gunner

Ultimate Member
    May 8, 2008
    Nice revolver there.
    Check the cylinder throat size if you are going to shoot lead through it. The original cylinder on that gun was sized around .432 so you would get leading shooting .430 bullets. Not knowing the throat size makes one wonder if that is why the cylinder was changed.
    Is the new cylinder recessed like the orig.?

04RWon

Ultimate Member
    Feb 13, 2010
    Orlando, FL

I know where theres a s&w model 29(-2 i believe) never fired still in the original wood box. Replica of dirty harrys gun. In fact i believe the story was the person walked out of the movie and straight to the gunshop.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    bapple

Latest threads

Top Bottom