• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Marauder

Revolver Addict
    Dec 14, 2010
    Nice revolver there.
    Check the cylinder throat size if you are going to shoot lead through it. The original cylinder on that gun was sized around .432 so you would get leading shooting .430 bullets. Not knowing the throat size makes one wonder if that is why the cylinder was changed.
    Is the new cylinder recessed like the orig.?

The cylinder throat size is .430, cylinder is not recessed.. I looked up the SN and it looks to be a 1980.

Winterborn

Moved to Texas
    Aug 19, 2010
    Arlington, TX
    I know where theres a s&w model 29(-2 i believe) never fired still in the original wood box. Replica of dirty harrys gun. In fact i believe the story was the person walked out of the movie and straight to the gunshop.

Dirty Harry's gun was a pre-1969 model 29-2, as the barrel was shortened to 6" from 6.5" in 1969. (the movie gun was actually owned by the director).

Clint actually never fired the .44 for real, all of the shooting was done with a model 25 (.45LC) as blanks for the .44 were not available when the movie was done.

I think Freestate has a 29-2 with a 6.5" barrel in the display.....I've been drooling over it lately.

But if I had to choose a .44 to buy right now, probably be an Anaconda.

Mooseman

R.I.P.- Hooligan #4
    Jan 3, 2012
    Western Maryland
    Sweet piece. Does anyone know where I can find a 29-2, blued, and an 8 3/8" barrel? I tried to call Freestate and got a busy signal for over 3 hours. I e-mailed them and got no reply.

llkoolkeg

Hairy Flaccid Member
    Since my Security Six got stolen(long time ago), I've needed a .357 to replace her and sit next to my Super Redhawk. Perhaps a GP100 w/cocobolo grips...though it's hard to argue with the longevity that wheelguns like the S&W 29 have enjoyed. Does the bluing last well on revolvers like that? I hadn't shot mine but 50 times(one box) before it was stolen and I always worried about the finish fading on it...

Sharpster

Jul 22, 2010
    York, PA
    Thanks, Joe!

No need to catch up, your welcome to shoot mine the next time you are in MD..

Take your pick below..
    revolvers-1.jpg

Nice collection! :drool:

04RWon

Ultimate Member
    Feb 13, 2010
    Orlando, FL
    Dirty Harry's gun was a pre-1969 model 29-2, as the barrel was shortened to 6" from 6.5" in 1969. (the movie gun was actually owned by the director).

Clint actually never fired the .44 for real, all of the shooting was done with a model 25 (.45LC) as blanks for the .44 were not available when the movie was done.

I think Freestate has a 29-2 with a 6.5" barrel in the display.....I've been drooling over it lately.

You tell me:

161hzb9.jpg

14ae69e.jpg

1986tj.jpg

zocgex.jpg

b6spyw.jpg

2nc3qef.jpg

156352g.jpg

It is a 29-2, right above the serial number

krashmania

Still dont know anything
    Feb 6, 2011
    churchville

Ooh, that's a toughie, whether I'd get a model 29, or an anaconda...

04RWon

Ultimate Member
    Feb 13, 2010
    Orlando, FL
    Thanks fella's. It was left from my grandfather. I hold on to it bc i believe my father will sell it for something stupid like a watch. Any idea on its value?

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Davech1831

Latest threads

Top Bottom