• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • revobreaker

Nov 13, 2011
    SOMD
    Looking for a rimfire pistol, haven't really narrowed it down much was thinking maybe m&p22, one of the 1911 style... i don't know

Anyway, was wondering if any one has experience and if it is even available in MD yet?

I am also intrigued by this pistol, particularly because it does NOT have a cast-zinc slide, like most .22 pistols of that sort do. Ruger claims it's made from aluminum, which should be it's substantially more durable than most other .22's like that (Walther, Mosquito, various .22cal 1911's, ect).

I very much want to see one in person and fondle it.

revobreaker

Nov 13, 2011
    SOMD
    That also caught my attention about it, and the m&p, but the ruger seems to be a little easier on the wallet

Edit: The MSRP is only about $20 difference, I thought it was more for some reason

ffemtreed

Ultimate Member
    Feb 1, 2011
    Wilmington, NC
    I have my cash saved up waiting to get one of these as soon as they hit the MD handgun roster.

I am sick of waiting of new guns all the time!!!!!!!! I waited over 3 months for the ruger 1911 and finally gave up and used my money towards an AR-15 instead, I figured MD would rather me have more AR-15's than a 100 year old pistol design.

JoeBobOutfitters.com

Industry Partner
    Oct 20, 2010
    Hays, KS
    I'm still looking at a Chiappa...1911-22

I'd skip the Chiappa and look at the ATI GSG 1911's honestly.

The SR22 is an aircraft grade aluminum slide. They are very nice. One of the guys at the shop purchased one, and the dozen or so that have arrived in stock have all sold within a few days tops.

dirtybird

Mar 20, 2010
    I'd skip the Chiappa and look at the ATI GSG 1911's honestly.

The SR22 is an aircraft grade aluminum slide. They are very nice. One of the guys at the shop purchased one, and the dozen or so that have arrived in stock have all sold within a few days tops.
    Yep only the lack of a threaded barrel swayed me to the M&P.

erwos

The Hebrew Hammer
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 25, 2009
    Rockville, MD
    How did you come up with 45 days? Is the board meeting on 3/9/12? Just curious.
    I think that's when the meeting is. The 45 day wait time is standard. There's something in the law about it.

Also worth noting is that the ISSC M22 has an aluminum slide as well. Good to see some better options appearing in this space of the market...

sdog

Feb 20, 2012
    Bowie
    has anyone else seen the review on this from gunblast?

http://gunblast.com/Ruger-SR22P.htm

this thing can eat a whole range of ammo, which is a BIG selling point when compared to a picky sig mosquito, and even my own ruger 22/45 bull. They need to come out with a threaded barrel version of this soon. either way i think as soon as this is on the list i will be vising Mark @ 2A to get one for myself.

mikec

Ultimate Member
    Dec 1, 2007
    Off I-83
    How did you come up with 45 days? Is the board meeting on 3/9/12? Just curious.

Board meets and then publishes their findings in what is called the State Ledger, a legal document that anyone can read. There is a 30 day period where someone can object to any of the guns just approved. Add in a few days here and there for paperwork and processing and you get a 45 day ballpark figure before the new models are listed on the web site.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    jlng1984

Latest threads

Top Bottom