• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • revobreaker

Nov 13, 2011
    SOMD
    So I couldn't wait anymore and went to put in the paperwork on a M&P22! (maybe down the road the wife will get the sr22;) )

Quick question though, does the m&p22 have the integral lock required by MD, or do I have to use the omega?

ffemtreed

Ultimate Member
    Feb 1, 2011
    Wilmington, NC
    I just got confirmation that it was approved by the board and will be on the roster on April 23 2012 unless there is an objection to it between now and then.

shekshishekki

Mar 5, 2012
    bah...i just ordered one and had to cancel once i found out about this little roster issue....(i'm a noob at this)...

anxiously waiting till end of April I guess....

revobreaker

Nov 13, 2011
    SOMD
    Got my M&P on thursday and tested it out this weekend! It fun but i need som more mags, and the sights are way off. I mean Im sure i suck at shooting it but not that bad i hope:o

Trumpet

SCSC/NRA life member. MSI member
    Oct 29, 2005
    I'd skip the Chiappa and look at the ATI GSG 1911's honestly.
    The SR22 is an aircraft grade aluminum slide. They are very nice. One of the guys at the shop purchased one, and the dozen or so that have arrived in stock have all sold within a few days tops.

Or, I'd "one up" that and look at the RIA XT22 when they become available here.

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    Board meets and then publishes their findings in what is called the State Ledger, a legal document that anyone can read. There is a 30 day period where someone can object to any of the guns just approved. Add in a few days here and there for paperwork and processing and you get a 45 day ballpark figure before the new models are listed on the web site.

What does all of this cost the taxpayers?

Trumpet

SCSC/NRA life member. MSI member
    Oct 29, 2005
    Board meets and then publishes their findings in what is called the State Ledger, a legal document that anyone can read. There is a 30 day period where someone can object to any of the guns just approved. Add in a few days here and there for paperwork and processing and you get a 45 day ballpark figure before the new models are listed on the web site.

Problem is the website is not current. I know for a fact the RIA 1911 TCM is now approved, yet it doesn't show up on the website. If you email Ms. Jenkins directly you might be able to get more current info.

Jimbob2.0

Ultimate Member
    Feb 20, 2008
    While its a lot more, I really think the Sig .22 upper conversions are a bargain by any standard. You can go back and forth between .22 and centerfire on the same gun and get the training value of the same feel and size. Plus they work flawlessly and has eaten most ammo I have fed it (had some issues with one mag).

mcbruzdzinski

NRA Training Counselor
    Industry Partner
    Aug 28, 2007
    Catonsville MD
    I'm about to order an SR22 for training. Reviews have been great, and you can't beat the instructor discount!

I will be ordering mine once the SR22 is posted on the MD Handgun Roster.

I had a chance to handle it at the NRA Annual Meeting along with the 22/45 LITE!

jmcgonig

Jan 18, 2012
    Germantown, MD
    I've been waiting for this gun since it came out, but I'm going to pass on it when they come available on Monday. There has been a considerable number of problems with them, enough where I'm not willing to take the chance. I know Ruger will take care of them, but I hate buying something that I'm expecting not to work. The latest problem seems to be the slide eating up the base - a pretty serious issue IMHO.

Hopefully they will solve the problems over time before the guns get a bad rep.

Hotrod Diesel

Here for the Beer...
    Mar 7, 2012
    Parkville
    Initial problems were loose barrel mounting screws. They had take down lever problems, seems they have been resolved. Now, they have problems with the slide getting chewed up where it contacts the frame. All problems have been found below.

http://www.rimfirecentral.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=22

Kinda sucks, I want a 22 pistol for my wife, but it seems like they all have problems. I guess I have to buy myself a Mark 3 and see how she likes it. Although they have had problems lately as well !

Rob43

Feb 14, 2012
    Bethesda MD
    So I went to the Dulles VA gun show on Friday, it was very crowded. After taking a good look around I zeroed in on the reason I went to the show, the Ruger SR22. After checking things out, I purchased a new Ruger SR22 from Trader Jerrys, it should arrive at Engage Armament in Kensington, MD on Thursday. A big thanks to Andy at Engage, he was very helpful on the phone.

To say the least, I'm really excited to have scored one of these new Rugers !

Rob

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    jlng1984

Latest threads

Top Bottom