• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • PJDiesel

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 18, 2011
    I have a question. I sent in my App on March 10th and haven't heard any thing yet. How are you guys getting a reply so Fast??

We're not all, I mailed mine a few days after you, haven't heard boo.

fightinbluhen51

"Quack Pot Call Honker"
    Oct 31, 2008
    Does anyone know if they ask married women who apply, to speak with their husband, and ask about HER and any about domestic violence or if he feels uncomfortable with them having a gun in the house.
    :rolleyes:

(Maybe a few days a month on the latter.)
    :innocent0
    Good point! LOL, we forget about the inverse of this don't we?

Dklo

Dec 20, 2011
    I had my interview today at waterloo. The trooper was very professional and even sympathetic to my reasons for a permit. He did ask me about my mental health, the doctors I have seen and how frequent, what medications I was on and why. He did not ask for a note. He also asked how many firearms I owned and made a copy of my Utah permit.

He ended by saying after he typed everything up it goes to pikesville and gave me a number to call to check on the status. He told me my permit had a deadline of 4/19 but he would have it in Pikesville by Monday. He said he has no real bearing on if its denied or approved but wished me luck.

Inigoes

Head'n for the hills
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 21, 2008
    SoMD / West PA
    I had my interview today at waterloo. The trooper was very professional and even sympathetic to my reasons for a permit. He did ask me about my mental health, the doctors I have seen and how frequent, what medications I was on and why. He did not ask for a note. He also asked how many firearms I owned and made a copy of my Utah permit.

He ended by saying after he typed everything up it goes to pikesville and gave me a number to call to check on the status. He told me my permit had a deadline of 4/19 but he would have it in Pikesville by Monday. He said he has no real bearing on if its denied or approved but wished me luck.

Which is when a temporary stay will be considered

The defendants shall submit an opening brief on or before April 19, 2012;

http://www.archive.org/download/gov.uscourts.mdd.180772/gov.uscourts.mdd.180772.62.1.pdf

dlmcbm

Ultimate Member
    Mar 5, 2011
    Sabillasville, Md.
    Being that the document is not even signed yet I would have to go out on a limb and say that maybe the trooper hs a deadline of getting it to pikesville.

pcfixer

Ultimate Member
    May 24, 2009
    Marylandstan
    My interview went very well this morning in Frederick, MSP. Trooper L.
    took over 1 hour and we talked about a wide variety of subjects. My record
    is clean, all reference checked out, wife and boss. He did state that he had
    3 people come and were caught in lies. He was very clear, they will not get permits.
    He was forthright and stated he will recommend that I get a permit. Real decision is
    not up to him. Please don't call and find out, he said most will put your record at the bottom of the pile. Heed the warning here gentlemen.

CypherPunk

Opinions Are My Own
    Apr 6, 2012
    My interview went very well this morning in Frederick, MSP. Trooper L.
    took over 1 hour and we talked about a wide variety of subjects. My record
    is clean, all reference checked out, wife and boss. He did state that he had
    3 people come and were caught in lies. He was very clear, they will not get permits.
    He was forthright and stated he will recommend that I get a permit. Real decision is
    not up to him. Please don't call and find out, he said most will put your record at the bottom of the pile. Heed the warning here gentlemen.

Despite living 8 minutes from and requesting the Frederick MSP Barracks, I had to interview with a Retired Trooper/Investigator more than an hour away, in Westminster.

My application included what the MSP might consider "G&S" under their permitting scheme.

I can’t help but wonder if those answering (9A) with "Self defense & all lawful purposes" are getting show interviews with Troopers in Frederick. Perhaps that frees the "investigators" up for what the MSP consider "legitimate" applications?

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Davech1831

Latest threads

Top Bottom