• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Melnic

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    HoCo
    You can learn a lot from other people's mistakes, especially dumb ar$es.

Often at lunch I watch a couple boat channels that show boats going through inlets and the stupid stuff people do.
    Here is one.
    I own or have owned a variety of watercraft in the past 20 years but NEVER wanted a muscle boat.
    Its like how BMW owners go to a special seminar to be an A-hole driver, Muscle boaters often go to a seminar on how to be a dumb Arse

Watch the guy at 4:45 and how he handles the little boat and the following seas perfectly.
    Even the guy right after him in the Intrepid, is not thinking about impressing someone with speed and handles his throttle correctly

willtill

The Dude Abides
    MDS Supporter
    May 15, 2007
    Yes, that little boat navigated the inlet much smoother.

Those penis boats are awesome when your trucking across less disturbed waters though.

SkiPatrolDude

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 24, 2017
    Timonium-Lutherville
    I know a couple go-fast boaters that are great folks. Would fit right in over here on MDS. But yes, plenty of rich D bags that get these fast boats just to be reckless.

Ever been 100mph on the bay? Bring a change of pants.

willtill

The Dude Abides
    MDS Supporter
    May 15, 2007
    I haven’t been at 100mph on the Chesapeake, but I’ve hit 49-52mph on smooth, glasslike conditions with my 23’ Key West cuddy with a 200hp Johnson hanging off the transom. There are times in my life I truly enjoyed being alive, and in that Key West there were quite a few of them, in those smooth surface conditions.

I miss me boat.

JohnnyE

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 18, 2013
    MoCo
    I know a couple go-fast boaters that are great folks. Would fit right in over here on MDS. But yes, plenty of rich D bags that get these fast boats just to be reckless.

Ever been 100mph on the bay? Bring a change of pants.
    There's a time and a place for everything. Routinely ran 85 MPH on a Kawasaki 2-seat jet ski back in the 2-stroke days on the water between Longboat Key and Fla mainland between Bradenton and Sarasota...out in the gulf itself, not so much.

ChannelCat

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    An outgoing tide opposing an stiff offshore wind in an inlet? No thanks. I would have checked the weather conditions beforehand, $hit-canned going offshore, and would have been drifting for flounder in the back bay. Those inlets are nothing to trifle with, even in ideal conditions. And yes, we see more dumb-a$$es in large boats off of Thomas Point than I care to remember.

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    I speared through a wave in my bass boat once. I learnt a lot about trim v speed v boat length that day.

hobiecat590

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 2, 2016
    I prefer a broad reach on West River in front of a cold front and line of T-storms, flat water, Hobie 16 double trapeeze, going 26+kts, 9 ft rooster tails of the rudders that are humming and on the very edge of disaster, (ie pitchpolling at 26 kts on a trapeeze is like going 26 to 0 in 1 second.). Going almost twice as fast in my Sea Hawk on flat water is fun but does not have quite the same thrill factor. Going only 10kts in a 3-4' Bay chop in the Hawk will beat the crap out of your back but is very comfortable at trolling speeds. Whatever makes your boat float. :-)

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Davech1831

Latest threads

Top Bottom