Supreme Court remits MD assault weapons ban back to lower courts in light of Bruen vs. NY ruling

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Apd09

May 30, 2013
    Westminster, MD
    I can almost see Justice Thomas anticipating his next slapdown.

After SCOTUS was called out in the State of the Union regarding Roe vs Wade I can imagine none of the justices are too thrilled with the current administration.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bob A

όυ φροντισ
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 11, 2009
    After SCOTUS was called out in the State of the Union regarding Roe vs Wade I can imagine none of the justices are too thrilled with the current administration.

SCOTUS better pay close attention to the (lack of) respect the current admin has for the rule of law.

We already had Obama with his rolodex and his pen, issuing edicts and making COngress superfluous.

Now we have the O'Biden Follies, where Dems do as they please, tie the courts up in procedure games, and play the Long Game waiting to clear the non-Communists from the SC bench.

The longer the thuggery goes on, the steeper the payback cost will be. People are getting very tired of the current political system, and the solution set is getting ever tougher.

These things often end up with worse thuggery, as the Savior inevitably ends up being worse than what we were saved from.

We don't need to end up with an Africa-style Strong Man government; we've seen how that ALWAYS plays out.

fabsroman

Ultimate Member
    Mar 14, 2009
    Winfield/Taylorsville in Carroll
    While I completely agree, this was also entirely expected. It would have been highly unusual for SCOTUS to deny the extension given they already (edit made here) had the chance to hear the case, but GVR'd it, and are now waiting for 4th circuit en banc to happen which just so happens to be within the time period filings were requested.

Should 4th Circuit en banc (probably inevitably) produce a blatantly fabricated result, SCOTUS will be ready to slap the 4th circuit back to reality within the next term.
    We can only hope that the 4th Circuit goes against Bruen/Heller, SCTOUS then grants Cert, and SCOTUS then holds in our favor, setting precedence for decades to come.

scottyfz6

Ultimate Member
    Dec 22, 2018
    SCOTUS will be ready to slap the 4th circuit back to reality within the next term.
    Here is what your not thinking of, if the 4th drags out releasing the ruling long enough the SCOTUS would not even hear the case until at the earliest 2025 and would release it fall 2025/spring 2026

Allen65

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 29, 2013
    Anne Arundel County
    We can only hope that the 4th Circuit goes against Bruen/Heller, SCTOUS then grants Cert, and SCOTUS then holds in our favor, setting precedence for decades to come.
    Even if 4th manages to sit on the decision for years, which I think they will definitely try to do based on past actions, there are multiple hardware ban-type cases percolating through the 7th, 3rd, 9th, and 2nd, and now 1st. Any one of those could overtake Bianchi's schedule make it to SCOTUS. It doesn't matter much which of those cases gets cert, end end result will likely have the same nationwide effect.

fabsroman

Ultimate Member
    Mar 14, 2009
    Even if 4th manages to sit on the decision for years, which I think they will definitely try to do based on past actions, there are multiple hardware ban-type cases percolating through the 7th, 3rd, 9th, and 2nd, and now 1st. Any one of those could overtake Bianchi's schedule make it to SCOTUS. It doesn't matter much which of those cases gets cert, end end result will likely have the same nationwide effect.
    Correct. However, the 4th can continue to sit on the case even after SCOTUS rules in one of those other cases. You know, it would have to change its written opinion and re-write it according to the new precedence.

It is really hard for me to understand how an inanimate object is the problem.

Allen65

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 29, 2013
    Anne Arundel County
    Correct. However, the 4th can continue to sit on the case even after SCOTUS rules in one of those other cases. You know, it would have to change its written opinion and re-write it according to the new precedence.

It is really hard for me to understand how an inanimate object is the problem.
    If SCOTUS gives clear guidance, would any DA dare charge anyone with something that would clearly be covered by the plain text of a SCOTUS decision? Not only would a criminal charge get a fast track up the appellate chain, there'd be a risk of a 1983 suit with individually-assessed damages because the official would be knowingly and willfully violating SCOTUS precedent, regardless of CA precedent. SCOTUS has limited use of 42 USC 1983, but left open application where an official is knowingly violating an established civil right, under color of law.

fabsroman

Ultimate Member
    Mar 14, 2009
    If SCOTUS gives clear guidance, would any DA dare charge anyone with something that would clearly be covered by the plain text of a SCOTUS decision? Not only would a criminal charge get a fast track up the appellate chain, there'd be a risk of a 1983 suit with individually-assessed damages because the official would be knowingly and willfully violating SCOTUS precedent, regardless of CA precedent. SCOTUS has limited use of 42 USC 1983, but left open application where an official is knowingly violating an established civil right, under color of law.
    Very good point.

whistlersmother

Peace through strength
    Jan 29, 2013
    Fulton, MD
    I don't think we are too far away from court rulings bring actively ignored and blatantly so.
    This is what happens when laws are blatantly ignored, especially by "elites" and "leaders".

The breakdown of rule of law started with hypocrisy at the top.

Last will be open contempt of any remaining attempt at selective enforcement.

scottyfz6

Ultimate Member
    Dec 22, 2018

God I hate Mr clickbate title guy. Took months of down voting his videos to stop them popping up. And to quote someone on arfcom it looks like he wiggling with a but p1ug under him.

I understand why you posted his video just cant stand the guy

Blacksmith101

Grumpy Old Man
    Jun 22, 2012
    God I hate Mr clickbate title guy. Took months of down voting his videos to stop them popping up. And to quote someone on arfcom it looks like he wiggling with a but p1ug under him.

I understand why you posted his video just cant stand the guy
    Yes his titles are a complete fantasy and with his droning style I would rather watch the Long Winded Lawyer because I at least learn something that has actually happened or is truly important.

Apd09

May 30, 2013
    Westminster, MD
    Yes his titles are a complete fantasy and with his droning style I would rather watch the Long Winded Lawyer because I at least learn something that has actually happened or is truly important.

At least he moved on from titles like “6-3 SCOTUS decision ends tyranny”

Tower43

USMC - 0311
    Jul 6, 2010
    Lusby, MD
    they legit dont care, we are now a banana republic dude

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Scot2024

Latest threads

Top Bottom