Supreme Court remits MD assault weapons ban back to lower courts in light of Bruen vs. NY ruling

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • delaware_export

Ultimate Member
    Apr 10, 2018
    that one guy sounds like he could play the judge in my cousin vinny pt 2! i hope that guy is on the dissent, because he sure ain't gonna follow bruen.

Apd09

May 30, 2013
    Westminster, MD
    Our attorney needs to just say “it’s clear my points will not sway you and at this time we rest and look forward to the Supreme Court reviewing the transcripts”

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sleev-les

Prestige Worldwide
    Dec 27, 2012
    Edgewater, MD
    Am I hearing correctly that he is now hinting towards states have the right to restrict based on public safety risk?

How much more clear does SCOTUS need to be with these clowns?

delaware_export

Ultimate Member
    Apr 10, 2018
    until scotus says IN CLEAR PLAIN ENGLISH! NO IMPLIED IDEA!!!

YOU F'd THIS CASE UP! KNOCK IT OFF!!!! and it is protected...

it will NOT be protected in anti gun states and courts

and the clear talker sounds in favor of a remand back down. to district court... TO DRAG this out.

Am I hearing correctly that he is now hinting towards states have the right to restrict based on public safety risk?

How much more clear does SCOTUS need to be with these clowns?

fabsroman

Ultimate Member
    Mar 14, 2009
    Winfield/Taylorsville in Carroll
    I am SHOCKED that it went this route. SHOCKED I tell you. I think another 10 or 12 people might be SHOCKED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:sarcasm: :sarcasm: :sarcasm: :sarcasm: :sarcasm: :sarcasm: :sarcasm: :sarcasm: :sarcasm: :sarcasm: :sarcasm: :sarcasm: :sarcasm: :sarcasm: :sarcasm: :sarcasm:

It just needs to get to SCOTUS or SCOTUS needs to take on some other "assault weapon" ban case and spell it out for these lower court judges in plain English.

Sending it back down to US District Court is pathetic and another waste of time. Guess they are hoping that Biden wins the election, some conservative judges retire or die, and Biden gets to appoint replacements. This is the sort of BS that is going to have me vote for Trump a third time. I had been debating whether to even vote for POTUS this time around because I think they are both buffoons, but I'll vote for Trump again to prevent this sort of buffoonery from the 4th Circuit.

delaware_export

Ultimate Member
    Apr 10, 2018
    this guys rebuttal time wasted on arguing THE PEOPLE!!!

went down the rabbit hole

clear talker!!! stop wasting the time on that

Allen65

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 29, 2013
    Anne Arundel County
    It's amazing how overt some of those judges are about how they think they, and the Party State can simply ignore the plain text of a SCOTUS decision. They're not even trying to airbrush a patina of compliance on their statements.

Isn't there an appeal to SCOTUS on 4CA's denial of a PI still pending? Hopefully the transcript from today will convince 5 Justices they need to act on the PI to force a final decision from 4CA.

Allen65

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 29, 2013
    Anne Arundel County
    didn't scotus deal with "new tech" in caetano? and common use at 200k?
    Worst case, Bruen should fix "new tech" as something that wasn't in existence when Bruen was decided. Nothing on MD's ban list was not in existence at the time of Bruen, except for the couple of guns that never were produced in the first place.

Not that "new tech" should be an issue at all....because that pushes us back into tiers of scrutiny, which SCOTUS specifically banned when 2A is implicated.

fabsroman

Ultimate Member
    Mar 14, 2009
    Winfield/Taylorsville in Carroll
    IMHO the older judge sounds like he should not be on the bench at all. He just does not get what 2A means...
    The judges and politicians do NOT want to recognize that the 2A is to provide a means for The People to REVOLT and overthrow a tyrannical government. It is supposed to provide the means for revisiting 1776.

Problem is that the populace itself has gotten comfortable, fat, and lazy, and cannot even contemplate going against a government that "provides for us".

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Mikeymike88

Latest threads

Top Bottom