• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • gungate

NRA Patron Member
    Apr 5, 2012
    Damascus. MD
    Has anyone assembled a PVC pipe cache? I am thinking of making a couple. Not sure the contents I was thinking maybe an AR, ammo, knives, liquor, matches, fishing gear, medical kit, radio, etc.

I am looking for content ideas. Construction I am thinking just a PVC pipe with the ends glued on so would have to be cut off for access. I have seen some plugs but want to make sure this remains water tight.

Also where do people put these? Buried I am sure is an option but also behind a wall? Perhaps as a dummy vent pipe in the house?

Doco Overboard

Ultimate Member
    BANNED!!!
    I left a few caches back in some big woods on state lands
    They’ve been back there for some years now.
    Recently I thought about going back and uncovering them to see how well they stood up.
    I didn’t leave any Ar’s in them though.
    Mostly because I always figured when I went to them I would already be carrying a gun.
    I think if I was going to bury some guns they would be in some anti politicos yard or on there property somewhere for additional leverage potential.

Boxcab

MSI EM
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 22, 2007
    AA County
    Has anyone assembled a PVC pipe cache? I am thinking of making a couple. Not sure the contents I was thinking maybe an AR, ammo, knives, liquor, matches, fishing gear, medical kit, radio, etc.

I am looking for content ideas. Construction I am thinking just a PVC pipe with the ends glued on so would have to be cut off for access. I have seen some plugs but want to make sure this remains water tight.

Also where do people put these? Buried I am sure is an option but also behind a wall? Perhaps as a dummy vent pipe in the house?

PM me if your interested.

. Edited Link....

Sent from my SM-G781U using Tapatalk

Last edited:

whistlersmother

Peace through strength
    Jan 29, 2013
    Fulton, MD
    I have built one but have not buried it yet. Not sure what to put in it...

One end has a plug and is pvc glue sealed with a cap.

The other has an inside plug with a threaded cap. The inside plug can be removed without having to cut off the threaded pipe.

The non-setting pipe thread sealant is a good idea.

gungate

NRA Patron Member
    Apr 5, 2012
    Damascus. MD
    I have built one but have not buried it yet. Not sure what to put in it...

One end has a plug and is pvc glue sealed with a cap.

The other has an inside plug with a threaded cap. The inside plug can be removed without having to cut off the threaded pipe.

The non-setting pipe thread sealant is a good idea.

Maybe this is ok then.

81qRr5X5OKL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

Boxcab

MSI EM
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 22, 2007
    AA County
    Linky no worky....
    Fixed...

willtill

The Dude Abides
    MDS Supporter
    May 15, 2007
    If I was to build one, it would be with fully covering end caps, and that purple PVC cement. You just need a handsaw to open it after unearthing it. It’s going to be dormant for a long, long time in the soil. Make sure it’s completely impervious to moisture getting in.

whistlersmother

Peace through strength
    Jan 29, 2013
    Fulton, MD
    Maybe this is ok then.

81qRr5X5OKL._AC_SL1500_.jpg
    I have two of those, one is "external" for the bottom without the threaded part. The other is "internal" - only the internal can fit when pulled out of the threaded pipe. The bottom has that rounded top cap cemented in place.

I did that in case I wanted in after cementing the threaded part, otherwise, I'd have to cut the pipe.

Everything inside is in VCI(?) bags and extra desiccant also.

Docster

Ultimate Member
    Jul 19, 2010

There's instructions and suggestions for this on every survival site. Search

Melnic

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    HoCo
    I know someone who burried an AR7, 22 ammo, Food, knife and other stuff near his work cause he was worried about a day time EMP strike and wanted it to have when walking 15 miles home. Don't know if he was just saying it or he did it.
    He said he did not want to have a gun in the car all the time w/ his kids plus he drove into DC sometimes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Kdaily1127

Latest threads

Top Bottom