• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • randomuser

Ultimate Member
    Nov 12, 2018
    Baltimore County
    If I was to build one, it would be with fully covering end caps, and that purple PVC cement. You just need a handsaw to open it after unearthing it. It’s going to be dormant for a long, long time in the soil. Make sure it’s completely impervious to moisture getting in.
    Bury a saw blade on top of the pvc cap bagged up and sealed really good so you have a cutting tool there to use.

axshon

Ultimate Member
    May 23, 2010
    Howard County
    Shall we return to the days of yore when most folks here realized that MSP and other .gov orgs were known to follow these threads and take notes? Might lead to some uncomfortable questions some day. Hope not but times have not been normal for years.

If it's time to bury them, it's time to dig them up.

Harrys

Short Round
    Jul 12, 2014
    SOMD
    OIP.jpg

Docster

Ultimate Member
    Jul 19, 2010
    Shall we return to the days of yore when most folks here realized that MSP and other .gov orgs were known to follow these threads and take notes? Might lead to some uncomfortable questions some day. Hope not but times have not been normal for years.

If it's time to bury them, it's time to dig them up.
    Don't need to. Those who post without any idea of your statement will keep the feds and MSP busy to keep the hassles away from everyone else. I say start a thread to list every gun and # of ammo rounds, braces and home built firearms members own.........

parttimer

Ultimate Member
    Oct 10, 2013
    Calvert
    If you decide to bury survivor tubes be very careful of where you put them and what you have in them.
    My friend had an uncle that buried some tube in land that was not his. His tubes were found when they were building a new roadway. I am not sure how many were found or what type of firearms were in them but, he ended up in prison over it.

RegularJay

NRA & SAF Life Member
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 20, 2007
    Harford County
    If you rely on glued fittings use plumbers primer & glue! 1 product glue like electricians use does not create a long term waterproof joint.

DaveP

Jan 27, 2013
    St. Marys county
    Has a friend claim to have buried a LOT of stuff many years ago, in a couple locations. He seeded both areas with truckloads of old tie plates, spikes, and other metal debris in an effort to impede detection.

Then he had a massive stroke in his early 40s.

That was almost 35 years ago...

willtill

The Dude Abides
    MDS Supporter
    May 15, 2007
    Has a friend claim to have buried a LOT of stuff many years ago, in a couple locations. He seeded both areas with truckloads of old tie plates, spikes, and other metal debris in an effort to impede detection.

Then he had a massive stroke in his early 40s.

That was almost 35 years ago...
    No map or clue to where he buried what? Treasures to be found.

Bountied

Ultimate Member
    Apr 6, 2012
    Pasadena
    By the time you need to use it, you will have forgotten where you buried it. :innocent0
    I buried a can of quarters in the woods behind my moms house, I still haven't found it. I am also missing a $100 bill I hid in the encyclopedias. I could have sworn I wrote the volume and page number but I lost the note and never found the hundo. I'm over hiding things from myself.

Growler215

Ultimate Member
    Dec 30, 2020
    SOMD
    I buried a can of quarters in the woods behind my moms house, I still haven't found it. I am also missing a $100 bill I hid in the encyclopedias. I could have sworn I wrote the volume and page number but I lost the note and never found the hundo. I'm over hiding things from myself.
    Pre-1964 (silver) quarters?

Boxcab

MSI EM
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 22, 2007
    AA County
    What, you didn't prepare a "Staff of Bountied"???

2ec08fbea7b1e3992e237d1df6a0da09.jpg

Sent from my SM-G781U using Tapatalk

smokey

2A TEACHER
    Jan 31, 2008
    If you're burying it in your own yard... it'd be way easier just toss it under attic insulation near a hvac vent or something.

Boxcab

MSI EM
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 22, 2007
    AA County
    I didn't have a well of souls to use it in. I was unprepared.

I used my HO train set and Matchbox twin loopdy loop set to fabricate a miniature city. It was a real PITA to set it up every solar equinox to pinpoint the location of my stashed loot.

Bountied

Ultimate Member
    Apr 6, 2012
    Pasadena
    If you're burying it in your own yard... it'd be way easier just toss it under attic insulation near a hvac vent or something.
    I have a secret room in the basement. The doorway looks like a book shelf and the walls are covered in lead. It requires a retinal scan and a DNA sample for entrance. There's a bottle of lotion and some Kleenex on the bookshelf.

Boxcab

MSI EM
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 22, 2007
    AA County
    Locating relative to fixed items is smart. Fences, houses, barns, etc. don't move very often. A corner fence post, with 1MN carved in it, works. Just dig one meter north of the post. Just check in on the site every decade or so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Kdaily1127

Latest threads

Top Bottom