• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Norton

NRA Endowment Member, Rifleman
    Staff member
    Admin
    May 22, 2005
    Hey guys.....a thought.

What if we all wait and we'll set up an official MDShooters.com Cafe store? That way we all still get what we want but the site can reap some of the benefits.

We discussed some time back about whether we should take up a collection for site expenses and DD214 graciously said that he would continue to shoulder the financial burden for the time being. As the site continues to grow and bandwitdth increases, I can imagine that the costs are going to increase as well.

What say ye?

nighthawk2099

Ultimate Member
    May 1, 2006
    Backwoods, SouthWest Arkansas
    DD214 - The new one looks great too. I agree with jpk1md, the white lettering for MDSHOOTER.COM does stand out more. The only suggestion I might make is since some people like the black shirts, you might put a white border around the top banner like you did the rest of the design. This will keep the banner from being pulled in by the dark background and help it to stand out bold.

Norton - How long did cafe said it will take to get the shirt? I didn't see any shirts on the website that allowed for front and back printing, but it never hurts to ask about it. I might suggest we hold off on the store thing until you get your shirt, just to make sure the quality is up to MDShooters standard. :D

Also, since some might want to put both on a shirt, I made one up for the front with FORUM removed and no web address. It would be overkill to have a small webaddress on the front and larger one on the back.

Attachments

• mdshooters4a.jpg
      mdshooters4a.jpg
      15.1 KB · Views: 146
    • front.jpg
      front.jpg
      15.8 KB · Views: 141

DD214

Founder
    Apr 26, 2005
    St Mary's County
    I'm trying to come up with something for the front that is a little smaller. Here is what I have so far.

Attachments

• mds_tshirt_front.gif
      mds_tshirt_front.gif
      38.2 KB · Views: 99
    Last edited:

Norton

Staff member
    Admin
    May 22, 2005
    Better and better all of the time.

Norton

Staff member
    Admin
    May 22, 2005
    I'm no fan of black t-shirts myself. I just put it up since some people seemed interested.

I figured I'd jump on Norton's bash Spot77 bandwagon, so here you go Spot77, these are for you. :lol2:

What's the point of him buying something like that....not like anyone would ever get to see them :lol2:

DD214

Founder
    Apr 26, 2005
    St Mary's County
    Not sure, I liked the square shape and the fade. It looks great on black too.
    The crest looks awesome on white.

The only concern I have is how that fade is going to appear on a t-shirt. I'm afraid that it will end up as a banded gradient rather than a true fade, and that won't look so hot. I'm anxious to hear a report from someone who ordered one with the gradient, so please chime in once you receive your shirt.

RobMoore

The Mad Scientist
    Feb 10, 2007
    QA
    IMO, the new front design looks a little "busy" to me. Maybe black lettering in the ribbon.

4g64loser

Bad influence
    Jan 18, 2007
    maryland
    love the new back design with crest....and i might have to get some of the panties for my girlfriend....hahaha

and for norton's comment, i'd love to see a store to support the forum, other forums do it and i'm all in favor of those who put so much time, money, and effort into this site having some of the financial burden moved to those of us that enjoy the forums free of charge.

***hats off to norton, spot, dd214, and all our other esteemed mods, admins, and senior members***

trapture

Surplus Rifle Lover
    Apr 27, 2007
    Dundalk-Ish
    Great!

Man these logos are great. Too much choices to choose between. It's like the sneetches with stars. We show up for a shoot and we have tons of versions. Sounds like a few dollars lost trying to get the ones we like the most. Does anyone have all of the full size images compiled together? I know a few people were doing designs.

TRapture :D

DD214

Founder
    Apr 26, 2005
    St Mary's County
    Cleaned up and color matched. My proposal for the mass produced version. You can do what you want at CafePress, but I have to settle with one design for the local run. The front version incorporates Rob's suggestion for black lettering, but I can't decide if it is better than white.

Attachments

• mds_tshirt_proposed.jpg
      mds_tshirt_proposed.jpg
      32.7 KB · Views: 136
    • mds_tshirt_back_proposed.gif
      mds_tshirt_back_proposed.gif
      34.9 KB · Views: 92
    • mds_tshirt_front_proposed.gif
      mds_tshirt_front_proposed.gif
      32 KB · Views: 102
    Last edited:

Norton

Staff member
    Admin
    May 22, 2005
    Dang....those are almost too nice for this bunch of yahoos (myself included) :lol2:

DD214

Founder
    Apr 26, 2005
    St Mary's County
    Here is the front with black letters without the white stroke...

Attachments

• mds_tshirt_front_sample.gif
      mds_tshirt_front_sample.gif
      29 KB · Views: 97
    Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    roth405