• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Bertfish

Throw bread on me
    Mar 13, 2013
    White Marsh, MD
    Blaster - want to give your opinion of needed gear? His site says 3 mags but most everything else is more geared to LEO courses. Mag pouches? Dump bag?

Blaster229

God loves you, I don't.
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 14, 2010
    Glen Burnie
    Blaster - want to give your opinion of needed gear? His site says 3 mags but most everything else is more geared to LEO courses. Mag pouches? Dump bag?
    That's just a standardized list encompassing all his other courses. Whatever he says on the course sign up page. Pistol and 3 mags. It's an intro course, so typically no holster drawing and such. Just bring all your junk because it may turn into that depending on how class flows. You have to remember, there are a couple of new students and he has to cater to them for the most part.

My personal opinion is that everyone should have at least a paddle holster and mag pouches for the range. If not for drawing work specifically, just to be able to keep the pistol on you to take it out and have some place to put it while out on the line.

I have a couple range belt set ups with drop holsters, mags, ifak, dump pouch.
    Certainly don't need a set up for this class. But they're nice to have.

I'd be more concerned with bringing stuff to spend 8 hours outside.
    Cooler, ice, water, snacks, rain gear, durable shoes/boots, warmth, maybe camp chair.
    Of course ammo, everything for your range bag.
    I'll be staying at a hotel nearby in Charles Town. I have no choice but to have everything with me.

Last edited:

Blaster229

God loves you, I don't.
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 14, 2010
    Glen Burnie
    To those coming, I just talked with Bob and he said the last "intro" class he did, they pushed close to 500 rounds. So bring at least that much. I'm now probably bringing 8 to 1k.

I think we blew this class wad for the forum, but Bob added pistol to Sunday the 21st as well. FYI

Last edited:

Blaster229

God loves you, I don't.
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 14, 2010
    Glen Burnie
    Has the location changed? This address is still showing on NB's events page:

897 Chestnut Hill Rd., Harpers Ferry, WV
    Yeah I just messaged him. I think his website person/company isn't on the ball.
    It's what he gave me. At least Google maps shows a range.

ab58595c6c712c0355bcbcc71698b48a.jpg

Last edited:

Blaster229

God loves you, I don't.
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 14, 2010
    Glen Burnie
    WX looks great!

Just have to say it again. Prepare to be "outside". Any weather. Raingear, hats, jackets, etc... Don't wear your new Gucci leather dress shoes.
    I'm bringing a cooler with a couple drinks and snacks. Of course water and water bottle. Any little boo boo kit. I'm also bring a folding chair for whatever reason.

I have to zero a new green dot Holosun, so we will have time to confirm zero too.
    Of all the shooting I have done, I don't think I have ever been this excited. Can't wait to spend some time with y'all out there.
    Miguel and I are probably getting out there early. I wanna say 7-ish. If you're on time, you're late.

We'll get more info on the location tonight from Bob. I am sure it's not just a field. lol

gmharle

MDS Supporter
    Dec 29, 2015
    Millers, MD
    What is everyone planning to shoot for the class? I can't decide whether to shoot a fancy range toy or something a little more practical/utilitarian. Maybe I'll just bring both and see how it goes.

Blaster229

God loves you, I don't.
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 14, 2010
    Glen Burnie
    Ok Y'all, just to reiterate. Bring everything you want to be outside.
    Chairs, cooler, snacks, rain gear, etc..... Bob has canopies, but looks like sunlight isn't going to be an issue.
    Just bring stuff to make yourself less uncomfortable. Change of clothes maybe.

Pack like you're going to armed band camp. :)

Bring an AR in case we do some rifle.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Mikeymike88

Latest threads

Top Bottom