• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • TwinTurbskis

professional amateur
    Jun 9, 2020
    Derwood, MD
    When my first kid was born I bought myself the Colt 1911 I'd always wanted as a gift to myself for the sacrifices to come. Now that my second kid is coming here in a couple weeks, I think I'm going to treat myself again as once we have two in daycare I won't have much disposable income for the next couple years. All that being said, I've been eyeing a Shadow 2 for a bit as a range toy, and am thinking about scooping one up. I am a huge CZ rifle fan, but don't own any of their pistols as I bought a Glock 19 when I turned 21 and have mostly stuck with them ever since.

I've watched a lot of youtube videos and the Shadow 2 seems pretty much universally liked. However I trust MDS internet people more than youtube internet people, so I'd love to hear your thoughts and experiences. I'd also love to hear your thoughts on the different variants. Blue vs Orange, etc. The one I've been looking at most is the optics ready blue version. Even though I'm an iron sight guy, the flexibility of being able to add a red dot in the future really appeals to me just in case I have a change of heart.

Appreciate you all and the wealth of information on this site!

ToolAA

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 17, 2016
    God's Country
    Well where to begin…

It’s freaking heavy as a sledgehammer. I’ve used it to drive 10d nails when building my deck. Because it’s got so much mass, the muzzle flip is almost zero. So, if you’ve been used to compensating for a feather weight Glock 19, for years, you’ll find that now all of your shots will be about 10” low. It take time to get used to shooting it.

Now once you do find your natural point of aim, you soon realize that it’s too accurate. At 7-10 yards, often you’ll put an entire mag through a single hole on the target. I was recently at Freestate shootn’ with the crew, and everyone else had 34 rounds evenly spaced throughout their torso targets bragging at how “they dead”. Then I roll my target back and have what appears to be just one enlarged hole right at center mass. I got “na dawg, get that weak azz Chek shiz outa here”.

If you are one who likes to tinker and modify your firearms to make then less “glocky” you’ll be sadly disappointed in the amount of after market “upgrades” available to Shadow 2 owners. I’m not sure why the aftermarket suppliers have so much hate for this gun.

The only upside I could think of, was that cash in the bank was basically earning negative interest right now, so spending a lot today before inflation eats it away tomorrow, is probably sound financial advice.

Hope this helps.

/S

1d934c8800dd3cd33188e858d74fbf2f.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Occam

Not Even ONE Indictment
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 24, 2018
    Montgomery County
    I bought the vanilla, peasant-quality, entry-level S2. It's been a delight, and the more so once I put some aggressive LOK grips on it. Then my friend bought the orange flavor, and my peasant grade S2 now has to tip its hat whenever that aristocrat comes out. Are the spendier versions THAT much better than the vanilla ones? Well they certainly ARE better - it's tangible. But for the extra dough, it all depends on how you scale things in your own life. My wife has a souped-up CZ 75 (the "TAC-2," which you pretty much can't find any more), and honestly, it shoots at least as well as my Shadow 2, though it's lighter (and suits her very well).

There will always be other tempting range toys, but a higher end CZ pistol will never disappoint. They are lifetime guns for sure.

DocPeanut

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 20, 2010
    If you buy it, a baby bunny somewhere is gonna keel over. Did that convince you not to buy it? Lol

Melnic

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    HoCo
    Most accurate 9mm I own. But actually more expensive to shoot than my Kimber 1911 SS target cause I can use powder coated bullets in it but not the Shadow 2 cause the rifling is to tight, I can't use a powder coated bullet I mold. Kimber had a trigger job done on it but the shadow trigger was good to go right out of the box.
    That being said, I worked up a copper washed 147grn that is accurate as all hell. That being said, it not my typical range gun though

alucard0822

For great Justice
    Oct 29, 2007
    PA
    They are awesome. Cajun gunworks usually has them and are probably the best for customizing it. Depending if you compete or if it has to be legal for a division you might be able to get some variants like the SA instead of the usual DA/SA

gwchem

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 18, 2014
    SoMD
    Hell no, go buy your shadow.

Mine runs coated bullets just fine. No issues there.

jimbobborg

Oddball caliber fan
    Aug 2, 2010
    Northern Virginia
    This is MDS, we are all enablers here. With that said, buy the CZ, figure out where to get extra mags (at least 5). Get the Taran Tactical mag extensions.

brianns

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 29, 2015
    Montgomery County
    I’m having a tough time talking myself out of stuff right now. I’m no help to others in my condition. Gotta work on myself right now and get myself right. Good luck!

TwinTurbskis

professional amateur
    Jun 9, 2020
    Derwood, MD
    Well I think I'm pretty convinced. Looks like United has em in there online store, I'm gonna give them a shout Tuesday.

I had to travel to Charlotte a few weeks ago, and since I knew I was likely picking up one of these pistols I stopped by this place called Blackstone and picked up two 17 rounders and two 19 rounders :D

slsc98

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    May 24, 2012
    Escaped MD-stan to WNC Smokies
    Congrats - on all fronts!

Here is a nice spin up on both the CS 2 and TS 2 I found in my inbox this am:

Ironic as that article wound up in my inbox this am as something snapped in me after dinner last night and I gave up looking for another Tactical Sport Orange 2, broke down and just ordered the CZ 75 TS Czechmate 9mm 91174 - from Family Firearms.

No tax, no credit card fees (did I mention? NO TAX!!!!!!!!! FJB!!!!!!!!) and I should have it in hand by Tue most def Wed of next week …

Crazy thing is I remain so impressed with the TSO Orange I have if one comes up again I’ll probably get the second one … They. Are. That. Sweet!

Attachments

• IMG_4049.jpeg
      IMG_4049.jpeg
      24.1 KB · Views: 57

hpbyhermann

Mar 10, 2009
    Edgewater MD
    Absolutely the best shooter I own. If I can get it out of my wife's hand at the range. I highly recommend it. Go rent one at your local range. I know that Cindy's Hot Shots in Glen Burnie has one for rent.

Attachments

• IMG_8310.jpeg
      IMG_8310.jpeg
      486.2 KB · Views: 55

slsc98

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    May 24, 2012
    Escaped MD-stan to WNC Smokies
    Absolutely the best shooter I own. …

Same here and I own a pair of 2011’s …

CZ 75 TS 2 Czechmate picked up from FFL earlier today - w 2 barrels - and compensator and C-more were not attached which suits me juuuuust fine as I want to shoot the gun with its open sights for now, the SAO trigger - and reset - are THAT Grrrrrreat!!!!

Attachments

• IMG_6711.jpeg
      IMG_6711.jpeg
      486.6 KB · Views: 69

Michigander08

ridiculous and psychotic
    MDS Supporter
    May 29, 2017
    We gotta stop having thread like this: talk me out of blah blah. No. Talk me out of this bottle of bourbon. Talk me out of this bottle of Scotch. Talk me out of this pistol...Not in a million years. Just like talking TI Tick out of redheads.

TwinTurbskis

professional amateur
    Jun 9, 2020
    Derwood, MD
    Haha I more so just wanted to make sure I wasn't gonna get responses like "they're overhyped, not worth the money, etc." Before this thread I was 90% sure I'd be buying one... now I'm 100% sure :D

hpbyhermann

Mar 10, 2009
    Edgewater MD
    Haha I more so just wanted to make sure I wasn't gonna get responses like "they're overhyped, not worth the money, etc." Before this thread I was 90% sure I'd be buying one... now I'm 100% sure :D
    You will be happy you bought one. Pretty much my favorite handgun and I have a pretty good variety. This is my normal assortment I take to the range.

Attachments

• IMG_8194.jpeg
      IMG_8194.jpeg
      448.1 KB · Views: 101

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    KD96

Latest threads