Feb 22, 2007
    AA County
    MARYLAND SHALL ISSUE

- ANNOUNCES THE -

2nd OPEN HOLSTER DAY RALLY

November 7th, 2009
    10 AM to 5 PM
    At Baltimore Inner Harbor’s McKeldin Square

Purpose: To have a large, completely peaceful and unarmed gathering of supporters of “Shall Issue” laws in Maryland. We will be wearing empty holsters in protest of the current “Discretionary Issue” system that sees Handgun Carry Permits issued only to those politically connected or dealing in extraordinarily large amounts of physical cash, or the occasional person who can meet the high burden of proof needed to receive one for self defense.

How to Participate: The intent is to have a nice day with the family and friends at the Inner Harbor, shopping, eating and sight seeing while wearing, in plain sight, an empty holster. You will know others participating in the protest by their open holsters. Stop by the Open Holster Day Rally information booth at McKeldin Square, located at the intersection of Light and Pratt Streets, introduce yourself and make new friends.

Basic Safety Rules: All holsters must remain empty at all times. Do not put toy guns, training guns or the like in your holster. We want to emphasize the emptiness of the holsters and our lack of protection. The holster will simply be a fashion accessory, symbolizing our vulnerability to criminals.

Long Term: The plan is to build on each Open Holster Day Rally, gathering more protesters to join us in January, during the Legislative session, to take the protest to the next “Shall Issue" bill hearing. Join us, make friends and help the movement to get Shall Issue Conceal Carry in Maryland.

PLAN TO JOIN US AND BRING YOUR FAMILY!

Last edited:

Boxcab

MSI EM
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 22, 2007
    AA County
    More info...

Sorry for the short notice, but the Permit process for Baltimore drags on. Watch this thread for developments.

For those who want to help, please print out the following Flyer and post around your local gun stores, gun clubs and shooting ranges. We need to get the word out and make sure we have a substantial showing in Baltimore!

See you at Baltimore's Inner Harbor on November 7th!

Attachments

• 2nd OHDR Flyer Rev A.pdf
      38.9 KB · Views: 251
    Last edited:

ripper157

Feb 20, 2008
    Carroll County
    How come these are always scheduled on a Saturday and not a Sunday?

+1

I remember seeing a thread about why didn’t more people show up to the last one. Many of us on here work 6 days a week and Sunday is our only day off. Maybe consider that when planning the next one and you may get us there too.

Boxcab

MSI EM
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 22, 2007
    AA County
    We appreciate and understand the fact that some people can not join us due to jobs and family commitments.

We had discussed Sunday in addition to Saturday, but that required two permits (at least a different permit) and the associated costs. We had to make a choice and we felt Saturday would bring the largest participation numbers. The recent Timonium Gun Show that MSI had a booth at was a good indicator... Busy Saturday, Dead Sunday. Football and Religious commitments seem to take a very large toll on our numbers.

We hope those who can not join us help by spreading the word and promoting the effort. We need to put over 100 people at the Inner harbor on November 7th. If we can double that number we might get the attention of the Press. We can notify them (as we did in Annapolis), but only numbers will get their attention.

-Boxcab

Sthomas229

none
    MDS Supporter
    May 7, 2009
    Laurel, MD
    Sorry for the short notice, but the Permit process for Baltimore drags on. Watch this thread for developments.

For those who want to help, please print out the following Flyer and post around your local gun stores, gun clubs and shooting ranges. We need to get the word out and make sure we have a substantial showing in Baltimore!

See you at Baltimore's Inner Harbor on November 7th!

Printing a bunch right now to take to Atlantic Guns in SS

Boxcab

MSI EM
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 22, 2007
    AA County
    Look for these!

Look for these Banners Nov. 7th!

Attachments

• MSI BANNER.jpg
      MSI BANNER.jpg
      42.7 KB · Views: 505
    • OHDR Banners.jpg
      OHDR Banners.jpg
      71.1 KB · Views: 493

tdt91

I will miss you my friend
    Apr 24, 2009
    Abingdon
    I think this is a very good location and time of year. WTG Boxcab and thank you for organizing this again. Should have alot more Marylanders walking around this time. Annapolis had alot of out of staters/tourists.

narcolepticsniper

That one guy
    Jul 4, 2009
    Indiana
    What if one that was properly licensed had a holstered gun were to join in?

This would be a BAD idea. The whole point is to show that we citizens are not afforded the right to be able to protect ourselves. Please come and join in, but keep the holster empty. (or keep your firearm concealed and carry an EMPTY holster in plain view.)

Fallschirmjaager

Consumer Whore
    Aug 16, 2009
    Airstrip One/MoCo
    I'll be there, I'll be (hopefully) bringing some friends, and I'll be wearing the holster for my Styer M-40A1. I've got some extra drop leg holsters that might be more visible but I want to look PC and not backwoods militia. Not that I think there's anything wrong with a little tacti-cool from time to time but I don't want to scare anyone off or make them think we're a bunch of creepy hillbillies playing army, that's gotta be the worst steriotype associated with gun owners.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    lsmitty67

Latest threads

Top Bottom