• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    Opps, I was too focused on larger issues to mention it was good to see/ meet everyone .

300RUM

Custom Member
    Oct 19, 2009
    North East
    The wife and I had a good day there. But I must say I only had one person that noticed and I was able to hand out a flier and talk for a few minutes.

I was watching everyone's eyes and they were oblivious, never saw it. Thats the difference between sheep and sheepdogs I guess.

JKrew

Jul 2, 2008
    My friend and I were there for a few hours and had a good time. I could see that quite a few people noticed our holsters, probably because we were both wearing tactical drop-leg holsters. One deaf guy came and gave us papers saying he was deaf and asking for money. He pointed at my holster so I gave him a flier along with some money. Once, another person yelled "take off the gun belt!" Other than that we didn't have any interactions with anyone about the holsters, but I could tell that people were noticing.

jwalker3181

Aspiring Zombie Hunter
    Sep 14, 2008
    Baltimore
    I guess a 6' big black guy with a swinging CZ82 holster is invisible too, damn oblivious people... I had a good time though met some great people and had a really good day. Wish it was a bigger turn out we need to overrun our next location

novus collectus

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    May 1, 2005
    Bowie
    My leather holster blended in with my black pants too much so I taped one of those red, "self defense" bumper stickers around my leg right below the holster to attract their attention. Seemed to work.

Boxcab

MSI EM
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 22, 2007
    AA County
    Another Sucess!

Thanks to everyone who came out and supported us. We had a smaller turn out then Annapolis, but I know we still had an effect on the Baltimore Citizens. The majority of people I talked to were from out of state. There were a number on conventions, etc. going on in town. Lumberjacks from Maine, Corvette Club, Cheerleaders, Marching Band, some cool Scottish Police men on there last day of a US visit. Not to forget my "street" friends who manned the benches of the park. Didn't even offer me a swig off their bottle when it started to get cold. :D

Rep. Todd Schuler (District 8) stopped by and spent some time with us. Send him an email (Todd.Schuler@house.state.md.us) and thank him for his effort. :thumbsup: -See the 3rd picture below-

The day was a success because we were there, handed out some information, got some people to consider something they had previously never considered, made a few friends and talked with some old ones. Nobody was harassed by the Police or the public, nobody was tarred and feathered, and everyone made it back out of town with out an incident.

Thanks to all that contributed to making the 2nd Open Holster Day Rally happen. Thanks to all that came down and joined us.

We will plan on a 3rd Open Holster Rally to be held in Annapolis during the 2010 session that begins in January. Only the beginning of a plan at this time. We need to apply what we learned from the first two events and go into Annapolis as a fine oiled machine.

Some pictures I took right after setup...

Attachments

• 01.jpg
      01.jpg
      117.2 KB · Views: 208
    • 02.jpg
      02.jpg
      136.4 KB · Views: 206
    • 03.jpg
      03.jpg
      122.6 KB · Views: 204
    • 04.jpg
      04.jpg
      140.5 KB · Views: 206
    • 05.jpg
      05.jpg
      150.5 KB · Views: 206

Bikebreath

R.I.P.
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 30, 2009
    in the bowels of Baltimore
    I am glad I came down and meet some of you...walked around and didn't quite get the feeling I was making difference, but I still believe in the cause.

I used the same camera position as Boxcabs photos.

Hope to do this again, maybe hang around the booth next time...not sure what would make a bigger impression to the on-the-fence type of person.

...now if the pictures upload...

Attachments

• MSI1.jpg
      MSI1.jpg
      85.7 KB · Views: 137
    • MSI2.jpg
      MSI2.jpg
      89.2 KB · Views: 133
    Last edited:

Norton

NRA Endowment Member, Rifleman
    Staff member
    Admin
    May 22, 2005
    Some pics from my standpoint.

Delegate Todd Schuler (D-district 8) dispels the myth that all Democrats oppose your rights.
    todd schuler.jpg

schuler 2.jpg

Norton

NRA Endowment Member, Rifleman
    Staff member
    Admin
    May 22, 2005
    Spot77 and I were so persuasive that even Governor Schaeffer is now a supporter.....

schaeffer.jpg

rambling_one

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 19, 2007
    Bowie, MD
    In response to:

----- Original Message -----
    Sent: Friday, November 13, 2009 12:02 PM
    Subject: URGENT TIME SENSITIVE INVITATION-NEXT WEEK -- NOV 18TH -- DELEGATEVALDERRAMA

We look forward to seeing you at Delegate Kriselda Valderrama's upcoming Birthday Bash at the National Harbour.

Please see the attached flyer for more details.

I sent this missive:

As a registered Democrat, I looked forward to seeing Delegate Valderrama at the November 7th Baltimore Inner Harbor Open Holster Rally.

Attendance at this historic event was free.

Don Pollock
    Self-Protection is a Civil Right

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    lsmitty67

Latest threads

Top Bottom